Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

Spurs are the best of a bad bunch

Not for me. Spurs are the worst of the worst bunch.

I'd rather anyone (except SHA) got 4th than them. I'd rather the top 4 was monopolised for ever than Spurs get it.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i hope if its not us its plop, while rafa's in charge they'll always be capable of royally **** it up and wont win anything, whilst at the same time keeping the status quo and hopefully push the premier league into a suitable alternative to this 4th place bollocks, spurs could go one way or the other its hard to tell

IMO this race for 4th place is very wrong, if anyone but plop get it then everyone looks at it and says wow what an amazing season, not realising that if city get it thats them gone and a new top 4 for god knows how long, if we or spuds get it then i really dont know what will happen next season (the qualifying round could be incredibly hard IMO, us/spuds vs the likes of valencia or milan), and if plop get it hopefully widespread yawns will induce a new look into alternative means for the CL places

we actually had a "would you prefer the FA cup or 4th place" thread, the CL is killing football (thats not a defeatist reaction, im still desperate for villa to get in it, ive just never liked it)

Disagree, Liverpool would be fcuked for years if they missed out on 4th this season and would start to have to sell some of their big hitting first 11 players like Mascherano and Torres and the likes of Gerrard and Carragher are getting old now. And their youth system is total rubbish.

I couldn't see them challenging top 4 for a couple of seasons so that would be one contender knocked out for next season.

I'd rather anyone (except SHA) got 4th than them. I'd rather the top 4 was monopolised for ever than Spurs get it.

This. Well, it would be a close run thing between Spurs and Newcastle, but we put to bed any chance of them being able to get 4th last season.

... if we or spuds get it then i really dont know what will happen next season (the qualifying round could be incredibly hard IMO, us/spuds vs the likes of valencia or milan) ...

Spurs would be a seeded team (based on coefficient rankings), which as things stand right now would mean we'd most likely face one of the following in the CL playoff round that precedes entrance into the CL proper:

Basel

Bayer Leverkusen

Palermo

Auxerre

Mallorca

Of course this is getting way ahead of things, obviously because Spurs might not finish in 4th, but over two legs I don't see any team there that Spurs wouldn't be favourites to beat.

We waste too much money, and in comparison with Spurs that is saying something. Spurs have a better squad of players than we do, we might as well accept it.
spurs have the bright lights that we dont, you think modric or even half their english players would come to brum?

We waste too much money, and in comparison with Spurs that is saying something. Spurs have a better squad of players than we do, we might as well accept it.
spurs have the bright lights that we dont, you think modric or even half their english players would come to brum?

maybe true but we never even try to sign them. Ravanelli, Juninho, Carbone all went to unfashionable places.

Top players go to Manchester. I know first hand, that that is a dive.

Can we get this thread back on track.

I hate Spurs with a vengance and for 1 reason and 1 reason only.

They equal the Barcodes in delusion and arrogance.

They got George Graham as a manager and hounded him out (even though he actually won them something) as he was "Arsenal" and didn't play "The Spurs way" (whatever the hell that is) to bring in the sained Glen who they then houded out as although he "played the Spurs way" he wasn't successful.

The there's Martin Jol, need I say more than Juande Ramos, they greatest manager ever.

He then gets replaced by the man I regard as the dodgiest manager ever to grace a football club (DOL included).

Please remeber this when lauding them and when "absent friends" return to post afetr we've lost and they've won a game.

You could be onto something here. If they got 4th spot and CL football for just one season, we could be looking at a Zuul/Keymaster situation, where Spuds fans delusion and smug self-satisfaction is freed for all eternity. Even if they were knocked out of the CL in the first qualifying round.

But I'd still rather them get it than moneybags Citeh or Liverscum.

Manchester is a bit different though. One club there is arguably the biggest club in the world, and the other is the richest club in the world.

They also have Bolton, who in recent years have signed Ivan Campo, Nicholas Anelka, Jay Jay Okocha and Youri Djorkaeff.

Manchester is a bit different though. One club there is arguably the biggest club in the world, and the other is the richest club in the world.

They also have Bolton, who in recent years have signed Ivan Campo, Nicholas Anelka, Jay Jay Okocha and Youri Djorkaeff.

We have signed Ginola, Merson, Carbone and Martin Laursen and John Carew in recent years.

Â