Ronaldo vs Messi

colleh

Which one is the better player?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Which one is the better player?

• Ronaldo
    • Messi

Messi scored a brilliant goal last night, bagged 2 in the game.

Ronaldo responded tonight, flicking the ball past a defender, bursting down the left, beating two players and drilling it in at the near post from 20 yards.

Messi, 5 goals in 4 games. A goal every 57 minutes.

Ronaldo, 7 goals in 5 games. A goal every 56 minutes.

Two players who are just incredible. La Liga is in danger of becoming a two man show (but what a show!)

Ronaldo has more to his game in my opinion WHEN he's happy and playing properly.

Sorta reminds me of Drogba and Torres. Torres/Messi probably more prettier to watch, yet if Ronaldo and Drogba play too there full ability, they have everything in their locker.

By the way the Ronaldo goal (flick to start with) was unreal. Great form.

Ronaldo has more to his game in my opinion WHEN he's happy and playing properly.

Sorta reminds me of Drogba and Torres. Torres/Messi probably more prettier to watch, yet if Ronaldo and Drogba play too there full ability, they have everything in their locker.

By the way the Ronaldo goal (flick to start with) was unreal. Great form.

You saved me a bunch of time, this is exactly how I'd feel. If we had our choice at Villa (if! only if) it would have to be Ronaldo. Coming to the Premier League would be a nightmare for Messi, Ronaldo's showing that going the other way isn't hard at all. Some very easy games in La Liga.

If only we had Spains climate :(

Its as much a language and cultural thing too. Much like, say, Americans and Australians are likely to live here if they come to Europe then South Americans, which was largely colonised by the Spanish and Portuguese empires are going to have an easier time settling on the Iberian peninsula.

Obviously Ronaldo is from Iberia. His family live there, he grew up there. If he gets offered to play for a club comparable to Manchester United there then he his going to take it.

Messi is from Argentina, a country where Spanish is the official language. Again, not having to learn to speak a completely different language has to be a factor when you are thinking about moving house. Perhaps we should have colonised South America or done a better job introducing football to countries that did speak English rather than to those who didnt. :lol:

Messi has more to his game. Ronaldo is only about goals and takes more shots than any player ive ever saw.

Messi has assist, goals, teamwork.

To the person that says their is easy games in La Liga its the same with PL how many times did Ronaldo get braces against the weaker teams including Villa in that

Ronaldo has much more to his game, stronger, scores more, can score from pretty much anywhere. The main thing Messi has over him is his ability on the ball and where Messi will beat 2 players and score, Ronaldo will simply smash it.

Ronaldo will score an insane amount of goals this year, because La Liga is poor, it's like a more high profile Scottish league, two teams challenge for everything. There is a group below of around 4 teams, Atletico, Valencia, Sevilla, Villareal then the rest of the league is dire. The defending in Spain is awful, Ronaldo managed to find space 6 yards out on a corner to volley it, that would just never happen in England.

Ronaldo has much more to his game, stronger, scores more, can score from pretty much anywhere. The main thing Messi has over him is his ability on the ball and where Messi will beat 2 players and score, Ronaldo will simply smash it.

Ronaldo will score an insane amount of goals this year, because La Liga is poor, it's like a more high profile Scottish league, two teams challenge for everything. There is a group below of around 4 teams, Atletico, Valencia, Sevilla, Villareal then the rest of the league is dire. The defending in Spain is awful, Ronaldo managed to find space 6 yards out on a corner to volley it, that would just never happen in England.

Their is average teams in England as well under the top 4 including Villa

If the entire English league is so strong compared to others, how come a team outside the top 4 havent won the UEFA cup for 25 years? And only Liverpool have won it since then.

Ronaldo found much much more space than 6 yards quite often in the PL, does that make the entire league shite?

If the entire English league is so strong compared to others, how come a team outside the top 4 havent won the UEFA cup for 25 years? And only Liverpool have won it since then.

We are talking about the teams outside the NEXT 4 (Spurs, City, Villa, Everton). IMO Stoke, Sunderland etc are better than the likes of Racing Santander. Anyway Spanish football is boring, and this is coming from someone who isn't British :D

Ronaldo found much much more space than 6 yards quite often in the PL, does that make the entire league shite?

6 yards out on a corner, he managed to get a fairly easy volley, that's just unthinkable in the prem.

I said there is a top 2 then 4 other teams of good quality, the rest of the spanish league are awful, there only purpose is to get **** 5-0 by Barca or Madrid, they don't put up a fight, they just roll over and take a mauling.

Can you really say the top 4 in Spain or stronger than the teams in England? The top 2, yes. After that, not a chance.

The reason no English teams win the UEFA cup is because it's only in the past 3 years that England have really had a quality league in depth, and even now alot of the English teams don't take it seriously simply because there is a lot more money in getting a good league position over winning the UEFA cup, and teams don't have the depth to compete in both.

The bottom half of La Liga are championship quality, it's that simple. The defences there are outrageously bad, watch Barca play against any team below 8th, it's great football to watch, yes, but so much of that is down to poor defending. For **** sake yesterday Pique got into loads of space to simply pick his finish from a free kick. The set piece defending in La Liga is so, so bad.

I genuinely don't understand how some people can argue that La Liga is better than the prem sometimes. Barca are better than anybody in England I think it's fair to say, Madrid could be but right now aren't playing that well despite the results.

Look at the last 6 CL finalists to see how dominant England is too.

6 yards out on a corner, he managed to get a fairly easy volley, that's just unthinkable in the prem.

I said there is a top 2 then 4 other teams of good quality, the rest of the spanish league are awful, there only purpose is to get **** 5-0 by Barca or Madrid, they don't put up a fight, they just roll over and take a mauling.

Can you really say the top 4 in Spain or stronger than the teams in England? The top 2, yes. After that, not a chance.

The reason no English teams win the UEFA cup is because it's only in the past 3 years that England have really had a quality league in depth, and even now alot of the English teams don't take it seriously simply because there is a lot more money in getting a good league position over winning the UEFA cup, and teams don't have the depth to compete in both.

The bottom half of La Liga are championship quality, it's that simple. The defences there are outrageously bad, watch Barca play against any team below 8th, it's great football to watch, yes, but so much of that is down to poor defending. For **** sake yesterday Pique got into loads of space to simply pick his finish from a free kick. The set piece defending in La Liga is so, so bad.

I genuinely don't understand how some people can argue that La Liga is better than the prem sometimes. Barca are better than anybody in England I think it's fair to say, Madrid could be but right now aren't playing that well despite the results.

Look at the last 6 CL finalists to see how dominant England is too.

If you put any team in La Liga agianst their PL equivalent the PL team will lose 9 times out of 10. Getafe outplayed Spurs a couple of years ago at the Lane who had finished 5th 2 years in a row in England

If you put any team in La Liga agianst their PL equivalent the PL team will lose 9 times out of 10. Getafe outplayed Spurs a couple of years ago at the Lane who had finished 5th 2 years in a row in England

You think so?

I think that would of rightfully been the case a few years ago but now?

Well I'd say Spurs, Man City and us could beat any team outside there top 4 and maybe Everton.

Then we have teams like West Ham, Fulham, Sunderland who I'd say are better than anybody outside probably the top 8 in Spain. The big names are in Spain, but the defence there is laughably bad, whilst at least even our bad teams try hold it together.

How many great defenders can you think of that play in Spain? Puyol? Sure but he's not better than Vidic, Ferdinand, Terry or Carvalho.

But Barcelona had an allleged weak defence including a Pl reject in Pique and they were not really troubled at all in teh final.

Last year 6th place in La Liga was Villareal and they would beat us easily IMO. Upfront they have international strikers for Italy and Brazil in Rossi and Nilmar.(who got a hatrick in last Brazil match)

Better goalkeeper and centre backs in Lopez Godin and Gonzalo plus in midfield player of Ero 2008 in may peoples eyes and a top winger who rejected Real Madrid in the summer.

Much better than what we have IMO :(

But Barcelona had an allleged weak defence including a Pl reject in Pique and they were not really troubled at all in teh final.

Last year 6th place in La Liga was Villareal and they would beat us easily IMO. Upfront they have international strikers for Italy and Brazil in Rossi and Nilmar.(who got a hatrick in last Brazil match)

Better goalkeeper and centre backs in Lopez Godin and Gonzalo plus in midfield player of Ero 2008 in may peoples eyes and a top winger who rejected Real Madrid in the summer.

Much better than what we have IMO Sad

Villareal is a good side but sides like Santander, Mallorca etc are really, really poor

Â