• Standard (Blue top)
    • Semi-Skimmed (Green top)
    • Skimmed (Red top)
    • Full Fat (Gold top)
    • Non Dairy - Goat, Soya, etc
    • UHT (long-lasting)
    • Don't drink milk at all
    • other type of milk ie: unpasterised, etc

Gave it up 2 months ago along with all dairy products and feel much better for it, our bodys aren`t made to break down milk beyond toddler age

you had health problems from it?

or you just stopped because you can?

no cheese! :shock:

Can I just ask; why?

if that question is for me....

i instigated the poll because i have always wondered how many people don't drink normal milk.

the green-top stuff i call watered-down milk, and the red-top stuff you can't even call milk, its just a bottle of white water.

the cream is the essence of the milk, take that away, and its like rabbit pie without a rabbit.... or vegetarian shepherds pie.

Semi-skum (as we call it in our house).

One for the "Things that piss you off" thread: coffee shops, (Starbucks, Costa, Cafe Nero, etc.) never have semi-skimmed. They only ever have full cream and (Americanism ahoy) "skim milk". yet I'll bet the vast majority of people would prefer semi.

I love all dairy products - milk, cream, butter, cheese, yogurt - even though I know they're bad for me.

Can I just ask; why?

if that question is for me....

i instigated the poll because i have always wondered how many people don't drink normal milk.

the green-top stuff i call watered-down milk, and the red-top stuff you can't even call milk, its just a bottle of white water.

the cream is the essence of the milk, take that away, and its like rabbit pie with a rabbit.... or vegetarian shepherds pie.

Hmmm. Well I'm a big dairy fan (see post above) and I disagree. Skimmed, yes, is indeed chalky water and not worth drinking. And full-cream is fine for coffee, or cooking. But to just drink a nice cold glass of milk, semi-skimmed is best. Still tastes like milk, but not too thick and cloying.

Thanks for clearing that up ender4! I knew you wouldn't have put so much time and effort into the poll if you didn't have strong feelings on the subject.

I'm lying, I was actually sceptical, but you proved me wrong.

I've now voted to make amends for my narrowminded stance.

Semi.

Â