• Standard (Blue top)
    • Semi-Skimmed (Green top)
    • Skimmed (Red top)
    • Full Fat (Gold top)
    • Non Dairy - Goat, Soya, etc
    • UHT (long-lasting)
    • Don't drink milk at all
    • other type of milk ie: unpasterised, etc

Skimmed, its what I was brought up with and now the other fersh types are just too creamy, proabaly missing out but thats how it goes

Me too, can't drink anything else it tastes to rich

I love milk. Drink it every day and have done since I was a wee boy.

I grew up drinking semi-skimmed, and still prefer it probably. I've started drinking skimmed though as my flatmate won't drink milk with more fat and after a few weeks of getting used to it I found it alright.

And what are people saying milk is bad for you? It' not.

Apparently whole is better for you because it contains all the goodness... BUT It's the fat content!

Semi in tea & Coffee

Always have skinny latte in Starbucks/Costa etc.... milk froths better with skimmed

So I buy skimmed to to make milky drinks that are not fattening.

If I had to remove cheese from my life I think I'd cry. Nothing better than a good cheese board!

And doorstop cheese n onion sandwiches.

Why ruin a perfectly good sandwich by putting onion in it?

Sales of 1% fat milk at record level, says Food Standards Agency

Sales of 1% fat milk have soared to record levels this year, with predictions that it will overtake skimmed and full-fat products in popularity.

The government's food watchdog, the Food Standards Agency, said sales had risen after a multimillion pound advertising campaign urging consumers to cut their intake of saturated fats. It advised shoppers to switch to 1% fat milk which has less fat but the same nutrients as semi-skimmed and full-fat milk.

Sainsbury's, which became the first UK supermarket to launch its own-branded 1% fat milk in April last year, said the product was set to revolutionise dairy consumption in Britain.

It is common in the US and Canada, but in just more than a year it has become the milk of choice for health-conscious shoppers in the UK. They have switched from semi-skimmed milk because it tastes similar, and has the same amount of calcium and vitamin B, with half the fat content, Sainsbury's said.

Consumers are also switching to 1% fat milk from skimmed milk because they prefer the taste and it is healthier, it added.

Sainsbury's said 1% fat milk now has a 10% share of the milk market, and is consumed in more than 2.5m UK households. Sales of 1% fat milk are set to overtake those of skimmed milk by spring 2010 and of full-fat milk shortly afterwards.

If I had to remove cheese from my life I think I'd cry. Nothing better than a good cheese board!

And doorstop cheese n onion sandwiches.

Why ruin a perfectly good sandwich by putting onion in it?

That's in your opinoin, which is of course wrong. :winkold:

Skimmed for me, I'm not that keen on creamy things (no jokes please). Have it in tea and on cereals and so on, but have my coffee black.

I'm also confused by the "milk is bad for you" thing - it seems to me everything's bad for you these days, and there's always a way to "prove" your particular theory.

It's a wonder we're not all dead.

Â