O'Neill - stay or go, the update

Risso

Should O'Neill stay or go?  

535 members have voted

1. 1. Should O'Neill stay or go?

• Stay
    • Go

I dont see why I have to justify myself to some of you but here we go...

We play dire hoofball.

We have a shocking scouting system for buying foreign starlets and pay overated fees for overated englishmen.

We have one of the worst succesful passing stats of any team in the league during the whole of last system.

We sign absolute dross apart from a few exceptions

O Neill moans about small squads like o dreary did

He has not replaced Barry or Laursen

He plays players out of position

He sets out terrible tactics

i think thats about the size of it for me to..

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Certainly everyone is entitled to an opinion ,this is Britain. You are absolutely entitled as paying fans to act like spoiled fickle cocks after one game, particularly after a successful pre-season. Just don't be surprised when folks start laughing and if god forbid, those who are asking for MON to be sacked get their way, don't blame others when that kind of short termism leads to our downfall.

We play dire hoofball.

We have a shocking scouting system for buying foreign starlets and pay overated fees for overated englishmen.

We have one of the worst succesful passing stats of any team in the league during the whole of last system.

And here also !

We play dire hoofball.

He sets out terrible tacticsHe cannot set out a team to defend one match

2 Wins in 17 matches-worse than DOL form

He constantly tells us how difficult his job is

He never makes subs until too late in matches

He has no plan B and plan A rarely works

Just a poor poor Premier League manager...a relic and a throwback from the clough era who belongs in the scotland where you only need 12 cavemen with small amounts of skill to beat the crap opposition.

And yet incredibly, despite all that, we have finished 6th twice and quaified for Europe two years on the bounce.

Yep, he really must be as useless as you say.

when people call other fans fickle, i dont really understand it. My own viewpoint is that when o'neill was appointed, i believed we had the best possible candidate for the job, then when lerner arrived as well, my optimism increased even further. Now for the last 2 seasons, o'neill has fulfilled every realistic ambitious i had for us, and nearly managed to do the unthinkable and gatecrash the top 4. However for the first time i now have serious reservations, about his ability to take us forward, is that fickle though? just because he has dome well in the last two years, should he have a job for life, or can fans change their mind, and expect a certain standard to be maintained, which in all honestly doesnt look likely this season, and thats not just on the basis of one game. If o'neill left us, and went to bolton etc, i firmly believe in his first full season, he would probably get them back into the top half, and maybe even a outside european challenge, eg getting the best out the players there, but that next level will always defeat him.

time for o neill to go he has endless weaknesses that he has not fixed..dont ask me why but he just has not addresed them...he must be clueless 2 wins in 17...Sack Him Randy

I'll ask again cos no-one who wants the see the back of MON seems to have an answer.

Who should be brought in? Who is available who would realistically come to Villa and do better than MON has done?

Needs to stay, he inherited a pretty bad squad and did OK to turn it around. He's going through a bad patch but so has Arsene Wenger every single year and he's still there.

Are you serriously comparing MON with Wenger? That is a bloody shock!

Wenger has had a slump of fortunes recently but he is ARSENAL...he has made Arsenal what they are today and if you did see an ounce of football yesterday you would´ve been bloody happy to support Arsene Wengers exciting Guns!

Sounds like you should be the one supporting Arsenal.

No..but I like good football when I see it...and I do appreciate it from whoever it comes from. I love the sport and I would really love to see that kind of talent, quality and strength at Villa.

He needs to tell the players to lose the fear. Don't be scared to go and get the ball and turn and pass it forwards then move again, even into a highly populated area of the pitch and be happy to receive it again. Barry was a master at it.

Not many Wigan players would get into our side, but they all wanted the ball and it showed. It looked so easy as they rolled it round our team. Then when we got it, it was PANIC quick get it forward, either bang it to Heskey or smash it out to young and hope he creates something. Route works occasionally if it's a surprise/alternative or you are very good at it like Bolton were a few years ago. We have to be calm and composed in possession and get the ball up in their half. Yesterday any time we did pass the ball it was outside our own box, if we just keep the ball on the edge of theirs it's good pressure, as soon as someone loses their man we can slip them in and have an effort on goal.

Of course, every single fan in the country knew losing Barry would hurt us. Every single fan knew Villa would have to buy one hell of a player to replace him. And as some predicted Martin is utterly garbage in the transfer market and has failed miserably to find anyone. No way we were in for Sneijder, I doubt MON knows any of his qualities or has ever thought, we could do with him in our team. Mentioning him was purely MON playing games because we'd been linked with him in the press. We've got 2 weeks to find someone, and by all accounts from people who seem to know what they are talking about (Mysterman) this is it for our midfield until January. To top it all off, if we do sign anyone, due to MONs complete lack of awareness of anything outside of the SPL, should we sign a midfielder, it's bound to be another carbon copy of something we've already got. Overpriced, English, and not very good. Someone like Jenas for about £13m.

So a change of tactic is in order. I hope MON tells the players to do some passing in training. Get in little boxes and get used to having the ball under pressure.

MON to stay for this season, but it very well could be over by November.

Honestly, sacking MON now would perhaps be one of the biggest mistakes in the clubs recent history. True, he might not have fulfilled every fans wildest fantasies, but that isn't and has never been his job. I hope Randy is as patient as the Everton leadership that have given Moyes the benefit of the doubt through their dark spells. The calls for his head seems to come more from the fact that MON has failed to deliver the fans fantasies on a silver platter rather than for MON failing as a manager of our club. These things must be viewed as two very separate entities, because fan wise we are more and more becoming another Newcastle or Spurs. Full of deluded, knee-jerky fans, and it makes me feel very, very sad.

time for o neill to go he has endless weaknesses that he has not fixed..dont ask me why but he just has not addresed them...he must be clueless 2 wins in 17...Sack Him Randy

I'll ask again cos no-one who wants the see the back of MON seems to have an answer.

Who should be brought in? Who is available who would realistically come to Villa and do better than MON has done?

Are you saying that in order to replace MON we must be able to see into the future and have hindsight at first sight?

There are many managers out there that can do as good as MON...believe me. There are also managers out there that can take the club further...which I seriously doubt MON is able to do.

I have always been behind the manager, but I am started to wonder whether Big Sam, Alan Curbishley or even the dreaded DOL would have done any worse than 6th and a dreadful cup record if they were allowed to spend the amount of money MON has?

Needs to stay, he inherited a pretty bad squad and did OK to turn it around. He's going through a bad patch but so has Arsene Wenger every single year and he's still there.

Are you serriously comparing MON with Wenger? That is a bloody shock!

Wenger has had a slump of fortunes recently but he is ARSENAL...he has made Arsenal what they are today and if you did see an ounce of football yesterday you would´ve been bloody happy to support Arsene Wengers exciting Guns!

Sounds like you should be the one supporting Arsenal.

No..but I like good football when I see it...and I do appreciate it from whoever it comes from. I love the sport and I would really love to see that kind of talent, quality and strength at Villa.

Whilst i agree (like most people would) that i'd much rather see us play good football and hoof ball, it would be better if you started supporting the team and the manager, rather than taking every possible chance you can get to undermine him and the team.

Patience is needed, especially after one game of the season.

As Sir Hansen rightly said, this is the big league, we cant sit around and moap, we've got to pick ourselves up, sort it out and move on.

We play dire hoofball.

And funny enough thats just how i feel to as i stated in a previous post.

Im terrified at what lies ahead i was still angry when i woke up this morning yet normally i have calmed down by then. I even had a miserable dinner at my fiancee,s parents last night to lol.

O Neill has moaned so much about the size of the squad yet hes had long enough to resolve that issue and for me i dont think he has a good enough player knowledge as he's more than willing to pay over the odds for english players or for foreigners in which he knowslike Petrov etc.

The day we went backwards was signing the likes of Heskey with the money available i expected so much better but instead its another MON favourite coming through !

I feel so sorry for the likes of Big John and especially Reo Coker who must be thinking what does it take to actually start a game as Delph just strolled in to the first team.

Lets face it Delph looked lost yesterday like a little boy in a big mans playground and if thats even a thought of a replacment for Barry then MON pack your bags now.

Liverpool next in the league and then Fulham who again our record isnt fantastic against and then the scum the week after.

Doesnt bode to well if you ask me and MON only has himself to blame for the mess along with those silly mediocre signings he has made.

Are you saying that in order to replace MON we must be able to see into the future and have hindsight at first sight?

There are many managers out there that can do as good as MON...believe me. There are also managers out there that can take the club further...which I seriously doubt MON is able to do.

See into the future??? No Tricella, but to sack the manager without any idea of who can come in and replace him, and do a better job, is just utter idiocy.

If you say you want him sacked, then you must have other candidates in mind who you think could do a better job. If not, then you haven't really thought your position through at all.

So who is gettable, available and would want to come to to Villa, and would do a better job? It's a fundamental and vitally important question if we are debating whether our manager should be sacked - can't you see that??

I have always been behind the manager, but I am started to wonder whether Big Sam, Alan Curbishley or even the dreaded DOL would have done any worse than 6th and a dreadful cup record if they were allowed to spend the amount of money MON has?

Thankfully, as long as Randy Lerner owns the club, we will never have to find out.

I nor do others have a huge knowledge of managers avilable but im pretty sure if you give them 100m they will do a good job to.

ffs DOL achieved the same as MON has with no money at all. The team i looked at yesterday didnt look like scoring even if you gave them 20 hours on the pitch.

What worrys me is they looked tired so please dont tell me that Peace Cup thing has shattered them ? Squad is way to small and MON cant resolve the issue or he does by bringing in simply numbers and not quality or half decent signings.

I nor do others have a huge knowledge of managers avilable but im pretty sure if you give them 100m they will do a good job to.

ffs DOL achieved the same as MON has with no money at all. The team i looked at yesterday didnt look like scoring even if you gave them 20 hours on the pitch.

What worrys me is they looked tired so please dont tell me that Peace Cup thing has shattered them ? Squad is way to small and MON cant resolve the issue or he does by bringing in simply numbers and not quality or half decent signings.

So who would you prefer to MON? Or do you think we should sack him first and worry about that later?

See into the future??? No Tricella, but to sack the manager without any idea of who can come in and replace him, and do a better job, is just utter idiocy.

If you say you want him sacked, then you must have other candidates in mind who you think could do a better job. If not, then you haven't really thought your position through at all.

So who is gettable, available and would want to come to to Villa, and would do a better job? It's a fundamental and vitally important question if we are debating whether our manager should be sacked - can't you see that??

if it was my choice i,d employ Alan Curbishley who has allways done well with NO MONEY !

So i,d like to see what he can do if give adequate funds.

Because MON has funds but is CLUELESS as to what to do with it. All we ever hear is we have made loads of enquirys for players bla bla but of course amounts to shite or nothing.

Â