Crap food that you absolutely love to eat

trimandson

When I get married in Vegas next year, It's my main purpose to find me a baconator.

I'm going to Vegas, Chicago, Toronto and New York, so I should be able to find a Wendy's I reckon... :D

Seek out the Man vs Food episode where he goes to vegas.

There are a lot more adventurous foods that you could be having than Baconators!

Amazingly, they serve it over here as well. One of the newer items on the menu.

Had one the other day mmmmmm

I recently ventured to my local D'Angelo shop and discovered the sandwich that will probably kill me: the 1-pound steak bomb.

* 1 pound (before cooking) of shaved steak

* genoa salami

* capicola

* provolone

* onions, peppers, mushrooms

Nutrition facts:

* 1690 calories (710 from fat)

* 79g fat (122% of recommended daily limit)

* 34g saturated fat (170%)

* 395mg cholesterol (132%)

* 3.14g sodium (131%)

* 101g carbohydrate (34%)

* 6g fiber (24%)

* 11g sugar

* 139g protein (278%)

* 15 IU vitamin A

* 80mg vitamin C

* 60mg calcium (6%)

* 90mg iron (500%)

20120328_181249.jpg

Said delicacy, with a bowl of clam chowder off to the side.

• 5 weeks later...

So I was watching Man vs Food yesterday (as one does), and (much in the same manner as my Deep Dish Pizza Burger™) a plan began formulating in my mind; what about a giant, arse-tearingly spicy burrito-type thing? The fact that I had two packets of pulled beef teetering on the brink of expiration in my fridge may have also been a contributing factor, nevertheless I set about my creation...

Ingredients

P4160568.JPG

•Cayenne pepper

•Paprika

•Hot sauce (American style)

•Insanity sauce (or other über-spicy sauce)

•Reggae Reggae sauce

•Grated mozzarella

•Piquillo peppers

•Pulled beef

•Wraps (large)

Weapons you'll need

•Large wok/saucepan

•Large oven tray

•A monster appetite/wanton disregard for your own bum hole.

First things first, whack some oil in a wok/pan on a medium heat and throw in all the beef. That's right. All. The. Beef. Now, I don't like to conform to systems of measurement so all of this is by eye, but top your beef with a liberal helping of the cayenne pepper, paprika, hot and insanity sauces. Stir it all in, then leave it to warm through (stirring occasionally) whilst we move on to the next step.

P4160569.JPG

Take three of the wraps, and lay them down so they overlap and fill out near all the space of your oven tray.

P4160570.JPG

Now pour a good dollop of Reggae Reggae sauce in the middle, and spread with the base of the spoon you're stirring the meat with (waste not, want not, amigos).

P4160571.JPG

Next up, cover the sauce with a good handful of the mozzarella. Hold some of it back though, we'll need it later. That mozzarella's gonna give you a wonderful creamy flavour that'll nicely offset the spice of the beef.

P4160572.JPG

By this point, your beef should be pretty much there. Spoon it all onto the cheese, and spread out evenly.

P4160573.JPG

Now, for the piquillo peppers. Just a couple will do; they're big, juicy, delicious and the oils from them will help marinade the meat even further, giving it this sweet tangy flavour that again will just help to scale back on the heat a bit.

P4160574.JPG

Once the peppers are on, top with another level of Reggae Reggae sauce followed by mozzarella.

P4160575.JPG

Now fold it all over as you would any other burrito/enchilada. Don't worry about a little bit of spillage, it's inevitable as this point with the sheer bulk of the contents.

P4160576.JPG

Once folded, crank it up a notch with another bam for your spice weasel. Erm, I mean top once more with a third layer of Reggae Reggae sauce and the rest of the mozzarella. It should look like a giant enchilada at this point.

P4160577.JPG

Now stick it a preheated oven (about 180-200), it'll need about 10 minutes. The beef's already cooked, so all we're doing now is getting that cheese nice and melted and the whole thing warmed through. This should be the end result:

P4160578.JPG

I recommend using two fish slices to transfer this bad boy to your plate, as (if you use about the same quantities I have) it'll weigh a little over 700g. Now tuck in and enjoy.

P4160579.JPG

I managed just over half of it, the rest is in my fridge ready for round 2 today. Given the burning sensation in my mouth, the ring-sting factor this morning hasn't actually been as bad as I thought it would be. Result! :thumb:

Oh man! Yes BillyShears

When I was at School I used to eat toast and brown sauce (althouhg I was a HP man myself) byt he bucket load. Used to get home from school and have 5 slices (2 in the toaster, 3 under the grill)

I later transitioned to BBQ sauce though, that was good too!

I miss those days when I coudl eat whatever I wanted and still be skinny!

Gareth, just an observation

The sell by date on that pulled beef is April 24? And you're cooking it on the 29th ??

That's borderline off that meat

Ha Quality but it could of been pulled out of the freezer ?

Gareth, just an observation

The sell by date on that pulled beef is April 24? And you're cooking it on the 29th ??

That's borderline off that meat

Ha Quality but it could have been pulled out of the freezer ?

No, he clearly says taken from fridge. I will grant you that beef has a longer shelf life than say chicken, and it was pre-cooked, but even so, I'd personally have binned that. Maybe 1-2 days past sell by at a push, but 5 is asking for trouble.

Â