Crap food that you absolutely love to eat

trimandson

Lots and lots of Pizza. Sausage and bacon (sarnies?) sandwiches once every week. I can't buy multi-pack crisps, last time i eat 10 packets in less than 24 hours.

Burger King whenever i happen to be in Brum City centre (which isn't often these days). Subway meat ball marinaras. Chocolate, Turkey burgers, chips. I also eat two packets choc chip cookies yesterday that my mum gave me, in less than 24 hours (it's starting to sound like a confession now). I don't buy Ice cream either, except once every two years or something, otherwise i'd probably eat nothing but Ice cream for two days.

Luckily im one of those people who can eat anything and everything, and i never put on weight.

Do you happen to have two arses by any chance.

Lots and lots of Pizza. Sausage and bacon (sarnies?) sandwiches once every week. I can't buy multi-pack crisps, last time i eat 10 packets in less than 24 hours.

Burger King whenever i happen to be in Brum City centre (which isn't often these days). Subway meat ball marinaras. Chocolate, Turkey burgers, chips. I also eat two packets choc chip cookies yesterday that my mum gave me, in less than 24 hours (it's starting to sound like a confession now). I don't buy Ice cream either, except once every two years or something, otherwise i'd probably eat nothing but Ice cream for two days.

Luckily im one of those people who can eat anything and everything, and i never put on weight.

Dude...i think you have worms :shock:

That's not to mention that protein is awesome. And people generally eat too many carbs. That means the double down is FAR better for people than anything in a bun when people already eat carb dense diets.

the problem with too much protein is its strongly linked with giving you kidney stones. so damned if you do and damned if you dont. and heres my favourite (we need these in the uk!)

logo_cheesecake.gif

the problem with too much protein is its strongly linked with giving you kidney stones.
Interesting. My daughter has a kidney stone atm. She eats less protein than anybody else in the family.

Interesting. My daughter has a kidney stone atm. She eats less protein than anybody else in the family.

mj i work in the urology department in one of londons major hospitals. i speak with the consultants daily and they say its one of a series of things thats linked with kidney stones

also confirmed here

http://www.bmj.com/cgi/content/extract/325/7361/408/d

theres various sites around that confirm this

other things that can cause them are

have a family history of kidney stones

are aged between 20 and 50

are taking certain medicines - for example indinavir (in the treatment of HIV infection) and taking too many laxatives or taking them too often

have only one kidney, or an abnormally shaped kidney

or like i said eat a diet high in protein don't drink enough fluids

i feel for your daughter as its very painful, had big men scream in pain here

the problem with too much protein is its strongly linked with giving you kidney stones.

Your daughter has my sympathies as well. Try her with Golden Rod Tea!

I had a kidney stone about 13 years ago. I'm practically veggie! So it can't be too much protein. I was in agony. Renal colic is horrendous & in the end I was throwing up the pain was so unbearable. The GP's receptionists left me from 6.30am until nearly 12pm in agony because they had a surgery full of coughs.,colds & bunions. In the end my family took me to the surgery & as soon as they saw me I was rushed into see the GP. I looked like death apparently..... My blood pressure & pulse were so high she gave me the biggest injection of pethadine I have ever seen. My body just couldn't cope with the pain apparently, I was in a right state.

Wouldn't have done any good ringing 999 because no GP was available at the hospital anyhow until surgery was over! Joke isn't it?!!! Ah well life in the country & all that....

By 5pm I was rushed to Cumberland infirmary by ambulance to be told that my one kidney had completely shut down & I had to have an emergency op to push the stone back into the kidney as it had blocked all the tubes and insert a catheter. It was scary I thought I was a gonner, I was passing blood being uncontrollaby sick & in abosolute agony.

It has nothing to do with diet I apparently make too much of a certain enzyme that produces stones plus I put it down to alot of stress with my now ex husband at the time. I looked up the herbal remedy for kidney gravel and drank Golden Rod tea from the health shop, tastes foul but nevertheless I . Seemed to do the trick because the hospital said after only one session of lithotripsy I'd got rid of it completely.

Just lost alot of weight, drink more water & fluids and oddly enough red wine, which apparently retards stone production. So far so good hardy a twinge! and they told me I'd have them every few years.

Don't want another stone...giving birth is a piece of cake compared to renal colic!

I had kidney stones about 15 years ago, rushed off in an ambulance bent double a squealing like I'd been stabbed.

Ended up pissing it out.....not nice

julie im sorry you went all through that, sounds rough. however as i said its one of the causes of stones, there are different ways of getting it as i highligthted above

I'm fine now no worries..If I get a twinge I just make that foul tasting tea! :D

What made me mad was the fact that they left the catheter inside for 3 months & it was horrid because it was like having cystitus the whole time.

I'm sure there are lots of different reasons of course depending on the individual.

As well as the enzyme I was going through a really bad time back then with an ex who was basically nuts so I'd had an awful lot of stress for a number of years... It's funny because a friend in very similar circumstances had a kidney stone & she swears it was years of living with alot of stress too.

It's funny because a friend in very similar circumstances had a kidney stone & she swears it was years of living with alot of stress too.

Hmmmm......that ties in with when I had it too......under immense stress with scumbag neighbours and a bogus social services investigation!

It's funny because a friend in very similar circumstances had a kidney stone & she swears it was years of living with alot of stress too.

Hmmmm......that ties in with when I had it too......under immense stress with scumbag neighbours and a bogus social services investigation!

Not nice after all that to end up in agony Rob.. you have my sympathies too!

under immense stress with scumbag neighbours

Don't depress me, mine are lovely & she came round yesterday to say they'd exchanged contracts. Will miss them..doubt if the next lot will be as nice!

The nurses in the hospital were nice though ;-)

Ha....I'll bet!

My abiding memory of my NHS experience was the night after the op sitting watching the film Papillon for the 1st time starring Steve McQueen with some boring old fart who did nowt but moan!

Â