Peace Cup: Malaga a 2009/07/25 Reaction & Ratings

RA19

we played shite

it was like watching paint dry

probably lichaj and friedels fault but friedel did make quite a few good saves

they probably deserved the win and after heskey went off, we never looked like scoring

by the way, lichaj looked pretty good but did make a mistake for the goal

Who cares?

Barcelona managed to draw with spurs and real madrid could only beat shamrock rovers by 1 goal. Last season roma got hammered by spurs and the season before we beat inter milan.

These pre season games are to get the players fitness levels up.

For those that didn't see the game, Malaga won it with a 79th minute goal. Lichaj, who was very good at right-back, was caught out by a crossfield pass over his head. the cross was meat & drink for Friedel low-down, but big Brad flapped it out for a six-yard tap-in!

Can't remember Villa creating a clear-cut chance to be honest. Osbourne did fire one awkward volley high & wide and also fired well wide from outside the box.

Disappointing display lacking in creativity - everything seemed to have to go thru Petrov in midfield, who had little support it seemed from Sidwell & Reo-Coker.

Well that was shit.

Sidwell replacement for Barry - No chance.

Defence made too many mistakes

Midfield no creativity

Forwards - nothing, not 1 shot on target.

Pre season, yes it is. But how big a club are we? Chelsea are over here beating AC MIilan and Inter Milan ib their ore-season. We are piss poor against nobody. No depth. AAARRRGGGGHH!!!

Come on MON plllleeeeeeaaaaaassssssseeeeeeee!

Looks like we will be home after the next game then, I would have thought our players would have been looking to extend their stay in Spain and although it is was a friendly and we will have our missing players & I trust a few more in by the start of the season we did look to lack threat up front and this is something we need to look at I would suggest.

We were poor, but let's not panic just yet. The line-up will be very different for the kick-off v Wigan.

Some promising performances from Lichaj and Allbrighton. Bad error from Friedel.

NRC looked pish. And Sidwell wasn't much better. These two owe us a big season, particularly Sidwell, and tthey need to pull their socks up.

For those that didn't see the game, Malaga won it with a 79th minute goal. Lichaj, who was very good at right-back, was caught out by a crossfield pass over his head. the cross was meat & drink for Friedel low-down, but big Brad flapped it out for a six-yard tap-in!

Can't remember Villa creating a clear-cut chance to be honest. Osbourne did fire one awkward volley high & wide and also fired well wide from outside the box.

Disappointing display lacking in creativity - everything seemed to have to go thru Petrov in midfield, who had little support it seemed from Sidwell & Reo-Coker.

A good summary. Very disappointing all round. Not much to encourage us there, but Lichaj did well apart from being out of position for their goal. Much work to do for the boss.

thats why i said 'shit squad' when i saw the lineup. I fell asleep 3 times watching that game.. terrible performance. Yes its preseason but they offered nothing in attack against youth of Malaga. We need 6-7 new players ASAP. We need another top line striker with a bit of creativity.

I nearly wanted to start a new thread about our utter lack of attacking ability and creativity.

I have no idea who MON will sign, but Sidwell and NRC was totally outclassed today against Spanish reserves. Zero creativity, zero ability, shit passing, no bottle. Nada.

Fair enough it's pre-season, but I thought we lacked this with Barry as well.

The result is secondary. Thought it was interesting to watch and to see some of our own reserves in action. Albrighton was impressive though he was lucky not to leave on a stretcher after a nasty tackle by "Wellington"

Osbourne did some nice things and Bannan was lively. Harewood was poor and Lichaj was solid but for that horrendous mistake for their goal.

Agree, its mainly meaningless, however...

In defence we know we're wank, just look at our goals against last season since Laursen got injured... MAJOR WORK TO DO! Not bothered about Knight leaving, he wasn't good enough, so long as we have a replacement lined up...

Something else we all know, in midfield we lack creativity, ENORMOUSLY!!! Every time we had possession it was a hopeful pass or a stab at the ball, no one can get hold of it retain possession and pick a pass or go round the opposition. Without a creative midfielder or 2, (ridiculously optimistic i know)... we are ****. I only managed to watch the 2nd half tonight, but it looked like an 11 vs 11 defence vs attack for major periods. If we don't get some players in we are relegation fodder. Forget a 20 goal striker, we could sign Eto or Torres at the moment, they will be the most overpaid runners in our team, we've got nobody to supply them, its hit and hope stuff.

I don't wan't to over react, it is pre-season, its only a friendly etc... but I am starting to worry a little about who we will, and more likely wont get and therefore, who we will end up settling for on the 31st August with our threadbare squad...

On a positive, the youngsters looked handy, and the players did well to hold their temper against a fairly physical team I thought...

thats why i said 'shit squad' when i saw the lineup. I fell asleep 3 times watching that game.. terrible performance.

Glad I'm not the only one! Just plain terrible.

I know the purpose at this point is about fitness, but christ, Sidwell has no business on a football pitch!

More frustrating to me was not being able to get excited to see one of new reinforcements debuting (that's what this tournie is about for most of the other sides) because we don't have any....

Just confirms what ive been saying for 12 months. Reo-Coker and Sidwell are shite.

You may all say its 'only pre-season', but it would be nice if one of these two clowns who class themselves as midfielders, actually steps up to the plate and starts taking responsibility. Sidwell was talking last week about how he is going to 'fill Barry's boots'..... Oh dear.

We need a new central midfielder (aswell as other positions). I think Downing can do a job there when he is fit, but he wont be back until December at the earliest so we need to sign someone over the coming weeks.

It worries me to think that MON may actually think NRC or Sidwell could replace Barry, they arent fit to clean his boots, let alone replace him.

On a positive, Think Albrighton and Bannan and showing positive signs for the future. Hope they come good and give us more options.

Worried.