The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

I don't agree with Donnie's tone there :D

But I do agree with the dance being awful

crrrrrriiiiiinnnnnngggggge (as the yoof would say)

I'll be serious now, it's one of the worst moments in cinema history for me. Never felt more insulted by a director then that. By leading me on in believing I was watching a half serious 6 out of 10 Sci-Fi, it was a real slap in the face and waste of my 2 hours mainly because of that stupid facking scene. Edited by donnie

I wouldn't go that far.

Toby Maguire strutting down the street in Spiderman 3 is still easily the worst moment in cinema history for me.

gotg spoiler

however, if that dance HAD actually escalated into a dance off, then THAT would have been the worst moment in history

:)

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 4

I wouldn't be taking a comic book film with a raccoon and a tree as main characters too seriously.

That takes common sense. It's quite amusing to see donnie rage over what he considers kids movies. What grown man does that? :lol:

• Like 1

I wouldn't be taking a comic book film with a raccoon and a tree as main characters too seriously.

That takes common sense. It's quite amusing to see donnie rage over what he considers kids movies. What grown man does that? :lol:

What did you think of that scene then kurtangle? Did you think it fitted with the rest of film?

• Like 1

What did you think of that scene then kurtangle? Did you think it fitted with the rest of film?

No. But seeing as you felt insulted and "slapped in the face" by a "kids movie", I'm glad it was in there.

No. But seeing as you felt insulted and "slapped in the face" by a "kids movie", I'm glad it was in there.

But Star Wars is a kids movie. Imagine after Darth Vader telling Luke Skywalker he was his father, he then preceded to do a little breakdance.

You wouldnt feel a little pissed off??

But Star Wars is a kids movie. Imagine after Darth Vader telling Luke Skywalker he was his father, he then preceded to do a little breakdance.

OMFG spoilerz!!!!

• Like 1

Just watched Guardians of the Galaxy. Complete shite. I quite like Chris Pratt so he bumps it up from a 4/10 to a 5/10. Really don't get what the fuss is about with this film. Just more superhero twaddle....

It was okay for the first hour. A solid 6/10 semi serious sci fi. After that it turned into a joke. To have a sci fi film that we was lead to believe was for adults then disrespect any sensible grown adult with that stupid dance at the end (you know which one) was bordering on outrageous. How any grown adult can laugh at this film either is beyond me.

3/10.

<sips tea>

Maybe there's the problem. How could you think it was going to be serious at any level? It was like Galaxy Quest, lots of silly fun. I suppose the advantage I had was I didn't expect much from it. 

Now with lines like "Maybe love is the 5th Dimension" from Interstellar, that is more outrageous than the Dance. Place and time for everything. 

I am enjoying your posts now. You're criticising a movie that was meant to be silly and lighthearted. For doing exactly that.

I think you'd be someone who would say the end of True Lies is completely stupid

Edited by CVByrne

Just to reiterate my stance on GoTG. Every superhero film gets a 5/10 for me. They're all shite. I don't tend to watch them but GoTG got such great reviews I couldn't resist.

To be fair, there was 2 moments where I actually laughed. But the rest was pretty awful, I understand films like that have their place and a demographic, but it's not me. 

I don't agree with Donnie's tone there :D

But I do agree with the dance being awful

crrrrrriiiiiinnnnnngggggge (as the yoof would say)

I'll be serious now, it's one of the worst moments in cinema history for me. Never felt more insulted by a director then that. By leading me on in believing I was watching a half serious 6 out of 10 Sci-Fi, it was a real slap in the face and waste of my 2 hours mainly because of that stupid facking scene.

Are you honestly being serious here?  The dance scene is there just to make sure you hadn't gone and taken anything in the movie thus far seriously. 

I can see how you'd be annoyed at the dance if you had taken the movie seriously. But that's possibly more your fault than the directors. 

Just to reiterate my stance on GoTG. Every superhero film gets a 5/10 for me. They're all shite. I don't tend to watch them but GoTG got such great reviews I couldn't resist.

To be fair, there was 2 moments where I actually laughed. But the rest was pretty awful, I understand films like that have their place and a demographic, but it's not me. 

I don't like superhero movies either, that first Spiderman trilogy all 3/10 or worse. It is just stupid trying to build serious suspense when superheros are invloved.

Batman worked because he had no super powers. The first Ironman worked because it was lighthearted, funny and also he had no superpowers. 

Guardians of the Galaxy is hardly a superhero movie, more Fire Fly than Spiderman. 

I had no problem with the light hearted nature of the film. In fact I liked that about it.

But that dancing bit WAS **** stupid. It, like a lot of the humour in the film (imo), crossed the line between light hearted and just stupid.

Superhero movies ARE all shit, but seriously no one goes to see them for a life changing deeply existential cinematic experience? 

Its like going to watch Jurassic Park and then disputing the science. STFU and watch the dinosaurs eating people. 

• Like 1

I had no problem with the light hearted nature of the film. In fact I liked that about it.

But that dancing bit WAS **** stupid. It, like a lot of the humour in the film (imo), crossed the line between light hearted and just stupid.

That's cool, that's your opinion on the movie. But at no point did you liken it to a serious moment like "Luke I am your father" followed by Luke breakdancing. The movie was silly fun and some liked the dance or like me treated it like the miss jokes in Airplane, there were enough hits to make the overall ride lots of fun. How the film ends doesn't matter at all, it's all fun from start to finish. 

The film has a talking Racoon, Batista and Chris Patt in it. How could it not be fun.  :D

• Like 1

Superhero movies ARE all shit, but seriously no one goes to see them for a life changing deeply existential cinematic experience? 

Its like going to watch Jurassic Park and then disputing the science. STFU and watch the dinosaurs eating people. 

Exactly, but so many Marvel film try to be serious, trying to be edgy like the Dark Knight etc.. which makes them total fails. If they try to be serious at all, they fall flat on their face. 

Â