World of Warcraft

The_Rev

Al, if there is anything you'd like to say to your wife and kids, now is the time to do it. Once its installed its 'Life Over'

Quote from Mrs R Tuesday night:

"Which bastard suggested that **** game to you?!"

Al, if there is anything you'd like to say to your wife and kids, now is the time to do it. Once its installed its 'Life Over'

Quote from Mrs R Tuesday night:

"Which bastard suggested that **** game to you?!"

answer - you seven month's ago ;-)

To be honest, I'm still playing solo, but I've got to the point where a couple of quests are looking tricky without going in mob handed, so GBLF, get the game, sign up, resign yourself to the fact that It'll be spring before you notice you've stopped shaving, going out, eating, ect and get it installed.

TO be honest, I don't understand a lot of what they're on about the the previous 37 pages, but the game does reveal itself nicely. You tend to get the hang of small chunks of your character behaviour at a time. I've sort of got some basic minimal spellcasting sorted to whack people from a distance, but not really explored the whole totem behaviour yet.

But yes, the game has a great learning curve, its quite social to chat and keep others informed of progress, you can get some help from higher level players (cheers for that staff Nays, and the 1g, and ta to bicks for the leather pants!) and you do feel as if your making progress, but get the feeling its a huge huge game, with months and months of playablility to it.

In fact, why the hell am I typing this shit at work? I'm off home to log in......

Choose Life? I chose not to choose life. I chose to choose Deathwing!

Not a great night for the VT Villans. The Scarlet Monastery proved a step too far, and it lead to arguing, back stabbing, insinuations, language based misunderstandings, and all round grumpiness (although strangely, not from me!!)

Here's 3 of us shortly before having our arses handed back to us on a plate!

wowscrnshot1026052318074oj.jpg

You can see the toolbar I downloaded too, sorted into easy to use groups:

Healing spells

Fire totems

Water totems

Air totems

Shocks and strikes

Weapon buffs and so on.

^^^ No, not a great night for us at all really. We started off well and then a couple of us had a bit of a Bowyer/Dyer situation which got resolved nearly as quickly as it started. :lol:

Never mind eh? :winkold:

Go on. you know you want to. I had a life.

Now I just summon lightning strikes at things I dont like.

I'm not sure I like your tone Juju - you threatening me??? I would challenge you to a dual, fight like a real man but not being a WoW geek, I don't actually have the ability to throw lightening strikes at anyone so can't help but think I might lose and being a sarthern softie, I just aint up for losing!

Besides, not sure I could handle being the new kid at school again, I'm only just getting over secondary modern :shock:

You have a lot of colourful spells there Riss...do they work? :wink:

Of course they do! I can only use one totem from each group at a time, ie one air, one fire etc.

What they do though, is improve everybody in the group. Earth totems are mainly defensive, so if I drop a stoneskin totem, everybody's defense is improved by a small amount. Water totems are healing, and can restore either health or mana. Fire totems are attacking, and can either attack baddies themselves, or improve the team's rating. Air totems either protect against spells, or speed up everybody's attacks. So while totems don't do the damage that Mages' spells do, the fact that they improve everybody in a group's defense, improves everybody's health/mana, and improve everybody's attack rating and speed of attack, makes them really useful.

Shock spells are pretty good too, as the earth shock prevents spells being cast, and frost shock causes a load of damage and slows the mob's speed by half, really handy when they're nearly dead and about to leg it and draw another load of their mates in.

I thought it was pretty funny in the Monastery last night, but I don't think that Guld was amused: "Seriously guys, this is the best group I've ever worked in!"

I don't think he meant it....some people take it all WAY too seriously!

Â