World of Warcraft

The_Rev

I usually do more than my fair share of healing in instances as an off healer, including last night when the only healers in UBRS on a Rend Run were shammies, after the priest pissed off after we wiped in The Rookery.

As Nays says, it's not healing equipment, it's +int with fast attack speed. Perfect for Druids/Shammies which is the consensus of opinion on Thottbot as it happens.

If you're going to get pissed off when people out need roll you in instances, you're probably better sticking to AV in future.

Ninjorzzzzz!

That Lock we did the run with sounds like a good bloke to "get in with". I chatted to him after the run and it seems his guild (and him personally) downs ragnaros frequently. If he has a high opinion of us, maybe he could put a word in? I really want to be part of a guild that actually knows what it's doing.

Yeah he's a top bloke. I've done LBRS with him every night for about the last week now, so have got to know him quite well. He's in Mist though, who aren't recruiting at the moment I don't think, unless you've got some very high spec end game gear.

We've gone straight to Wyrmy the last 3 or 4 times, but he's only dropped the gem last night and the night before. The night before, the priest we were with also only needed that gem, and Skaarg lost out on a need roll.

At least we know someone who should be willing to open UBRS for us now, he's on quite a bit as well, and think he's from Kent or somewhere so is on the same time zone as us.

I usually do more than my fair share of healing in instances as an off healer, including last night when the only healers in UBRS on a Rend Run were shammies, after the priest pissed off after we wiped in The Rookery.

As Nays says, it's not healing equipment, it's +int with fast attack speed. Perfect for Druids/Shammies which is the consensus of opinion on Thottbot as it happens.

If you're going to get pissed off when people out need roll you in instances, you're probably better sticking to AV in future.

Its not about that. Its about letting classes who could use it more get need first. OFC i could role on 1 h maces shammies use, but i know its more specified at em. And i can sureley find priests who say this is an ace staff for em on internet forums, but thats not really relevant. So thottbot discussions between 14-year olds, and etc. i dont care about. And this is simply something we obviously disagree on.

Shammies can use cloth, and roll on cloth healing gear that gives em buffs they normally wouldnt get, but it doesnt mean they should have first pri. on it.

And if you are trying to get cheeky about telling me to stay in AV, then just dont ask about any instances. Only reason i did LBRS last night was to help you and dan...gratitude is a fine thing.

I am grateful Tarj, thought the instance went well, and don't want to fall out with you over it. The point is that I would never roll on any armor that wasn't shammy gear. I'm still wearing shit green L53 boots because once on a Baron class run I didn't roll need on a pair of Beaststalker boots that were miles better than the ones I have, but a hunter wanted them.

The thing is it's not a case of "I can use that staff, but it's not that good really." I CAN use daggers, but never do, so never roll on them. I've really missed a good 2 hander since my respec, and that staff is absolutely PERFECT for my build. (and staffs are all I can use) Fairly quick, high DPS, and +int, everything I need. I know you need +int too, maybe more than me, but it's still (by far) my most important stat. Where you possibly need the +int more, I definitely need the melee more, so I don't think anybody could argue that shammies and priests don't have equal need for it. We both needed it, I just happened to win. It's a pisser when it happens, but it's not like I rolled on a wand or a sword!

Now, stop being such a grouch! I'm quite happy to farm LBRS with you until it drops again!

Ah but thats were we disagree. Simply because i believe certain items are ment for certain classes. Just like nayson thinks headmasters charge is lock item, i believe that staff is first pri. for any caster against a shammy.

But yeah lets end it.

I wouldnt roll on that Headmaster's Charge, unless everyone was greeding on it. I'd LOVE Nays to get it though, +20int for everyone, nice, plus Blood Pact, Locks are bloody great!

What staff would you recommend for a caster/healer hybrid shammy then?! :winkold:

IMO if healing shammies, druids needs staves, they can grind DM like i did and get stoneflower staff. Easy to get and ive seen shammies with it. It even has critical spell 1%. which some shammies tend to like. If you are to come over better staves like trindlehaven, then you can go need after other casting classes. You are a melee based class with mail, and even if you stay out of the heart of the battle, you are not a clothie based caster.

But I don't want to grind DM! I've done about 10 LBRS runs now, and until last night the only thing I've been able to use is a pair of beaststalker gloves. In that time I've seen all sorts of blue plate, cloth and leather goodness drop. A staff drops that is probably the best staff I could hope to have that's not epic, has perfect stats for my build, and is widely thought of as being shammy/druid gear, and you expect me NOT to roll on it against a priest!

There isn't an elemental shammy on the server who wouldn't have rolled need on that!

edit: And you ALREADY had Stoneflower, so you rolled need for an extra +6 int and 3DPS, and less chance to crit?!?!

Oooooooooh!

More staff talk:

Went out to the Tainted Scar, in the Blasted Lands (where Kazzak lives)

Its as rough as a badgers arse out there. Shitloads of level 60/61 elite demons, that melee for 1000+ per swing (i died finding that out) surrounding a dark altar where the king of the Warlocks lives. He gives us our quest to summon the Doomguard in the shitty and expensive way that no one ever uses because its so crap. But in the name of compeletism, i might as well be on the quest (part of the chain is killing the same mobs that drop the Eye of Shadow)

Anyway, i get there:

headmaster2fn.jpg

King of the Warlocks with a Headmasters Charge equipped?! :o

i cant see me ever getting one really. Drop rate is so rare, and other people see purple and go "oh, purple! must be WTFPWN!" (or whatever the kids say) and go for it even if there are much better items for their class out there.

I might start Ogre Magi faming soon.

Meh, +int is over rated. Life Tap means you dont really need to make +int your main thing. +Sta is better!

If I ever get round to having an alt, then I'm rolling a Lock, they just look really interesting to play. All the L60 locks I meet seem decent people too (Nayson excluded, naturally!) Actually it's a toss up between that and mage, I want to have spells that make that Whooooooooooooosh noise!

But I don't want to grind DM! I've done about 10 LBRS runs now, and until last night the only thing I've been able to use is a pair of beaststalker gloves. In that time I've seen all sorts of blue plate, cloth and leather goodness drop. A staff drops that is probably the best staff I could hope to have that's not epic, has perfect stats for my build, and is widely thought of as being shammy/druid gear, and you expect me NOT to roll on it against a priest!

There isn't an elemental shammy on the server who wouldn't have rolled need on that!

edit: And you ALREADY had Stoneflower, so you rolled need for an extra +6 int and 3DPS, and less chance to crit?!?!

Oooooooooh!

Ah but you forget the 12 stamina which is quite essential when it comes to pvp. Because priests dont have mail we tend to like extra stamina. So i rolled need on something i DIDNT have, a very good pvp caster staff.

Locks are fantastic fun to play as. Certainly late bloomers in PvP compared to others, but utterly fomiddable when we get there.

Every time you summon a different demon, its almost as if you have had a talent point respec. Its great fun kicking the shit out of mages and making them cry because they think they should be able to outdamage everything on the game (even though the instruction manual says Warlocks can do as much damage as a mage, albeit over time, but our respective mana pools are worth about the same amount of hurt to a target) Its also kinda cool being misunderstood by idiots. Its great when you get attacked by someone who clearly hasnt got a clue what you are all about (i guess Druids get that a lot too)

I was just grinding Shards off the Turtles in the Hinterlands (petless, for the self heal buff) and i turned around to see a hunters mark on another Horde player (Hunter) and a big red cat kicking the shit out of him. Level 55 Hunter doing him over. ]Summoned Voidwalker, hit Soul Link. C'mon then you ****. 2 seconds later, hunters mark on my head, cat steaming towards me. Now if he hadnt have just blew his Wrath cooldown there is every chance he would have beaten me, but he had. The pet didnt even get near me cos of the fear. Dropped a Curse of Weakness on it too just in case the fear broke. I just remember a serpent sting hitting me, and thinking, ****, my dots can do over 2000 damage to you. You aint gonna out dot me. And he didnt.

Warlock killing hunter? I should have got a screenie, cos its rarer than rocking horse shit. Still, he shouldnt have attacked with that blown coolodown. Its that powerful in PvP.

Â