World of Warcraft

The_Rev

Being mind controlled was possibly the worst thing in the game. At least being feared meant that you couldn’t fall off a ledge or anything. One of the favourite tricks for a while was people MCing the opposite faction on their way to BWL into the lava.

I remember very early on that I considered rerolling as a Priest and ditching my rogue simply so I could use mind control because it looked so much fun.

Then I pressed my stealth key and realised rerolling was a stupid idea.

Being mind controlled was possibly the worst thing in the game. At least being feared meant that you couldn’t fall off a ledge or anything. One of the favourite tricks for a while was people MCing the opposite faction on their way to BWL into the lava.

I remember very early on that I considered rerolling as a Priest and ditching my rogue simply so I could use mind control because it looked so much fun.

Then I pressed my stealth key and realised rerolling was a stupid idea.

It was the runs into Molten Core/Blackwing Lair where the best mind control high jinks happened. You would get Night Elf Priests in stealth waiting on Horde raids to walk by so they could mind control people and make them jump into the lava. Never happened to me, most people were too smart to attempt to mind control Undeads, but those who did would just be greeted by the wonderful "WHUM!" sound that popping Will of the Forsaken would make. :D

Hardly see any Rogues about these days, particularly in instances.

Yeah, a dying breed really, for pve. But there are still rogues out there in BG's and arena who are incredibly skilled players.

I think a good rogue is better suited to pvp.

I wouldn't think playing a rogue in raids is very fun. Better for leveling and pvp.

Yeah, a dying breed really, for pve. But there are still rogues out there in BG's and arena who are incredibly skilled players.

I wouldn't think playing a rogue in raids is very fun. Better for leveling and pvp.

Arent they the best DPS atm in PvE?

Arent they the best DPS atm in PvE?

Maybe, but you dont see many

Just found out some old pals from school played on a different server on Friday but the only problem is there horde and I **** hate horde! Anyway I started an undead lock and I'm 13 atm. I'm enjoying the class but not so much the location you start in. I can't stand the the Undercity, it's like impossible not to get lost. But anyway I see the main man of this whole thread is lock so if he replies with his views on them in the long term I'd appreciate it! I want to take demonology spec, I hear felguards are pretty hot when you get them. When I level up a bit I imagine my friendlies will boost me (if that's still worth it)!

Just take the zeppelin to Orgrimmar and do the quests in Durotar. You can get the Warlock specific quests there too, Orc's start in Durotar and you can just hijack theirs. There is a Warlock trainer in Orgrimmar, near the Ragefire Chasm instance.

Things have changed loads since I levelled up. Affliction with an Imp is a good way to do when you are level enough to get Siphon Life. Just dot the hell out of two or three mobs, hit drain life on one of them and put your pet on defensive. His fireballs come in very handy.

The Voidwalker is very good for elite quests. He is a bit slow for killing regular mobs though. There is a bit here about levelling a Warlock. They say Succubus for the Drain Tanking method (that is where you tank for your pet, drain life and siphon life will heal you) but I prefer the Imp. His Blood Pact buff comes in very handy.

Oh right, I always got told that the Voidwalker was pretty much the best. Especially considering they act like a tank and get the enemy to attack them rather than you. But cheers for that Rev, that guide looks pretty nice. I'll have a read now.

They are good for general tanking until about level 20, then you will just do so much damage the VW cant hold onto them. Good for elite quests, not much else.

VW's give you a type of bubble to absorb damage (I have forgotten the name of it) don't they? I'd think that would be a good thing with them.

Yeah. The sacrifice. Its a PvP thing, especially good if you are deeply specced into Demonology. For PvE you just let him tank for you. In normal questing he loses aggro so quickly its fairly pointless. When you come up against elite mobs you can afford to give him time to build up some aggro before you start doing damage. That is where he shines really. The mechanics have changed quite a lot since I played, but I was always a fan of the Machine Gun Imp and Destruction. They seem to have bought that back now because during The Burning Crusade he was kinda pointless. You would pick the Felhunter for almost everything unless you had the Felguard. Nice to see a bit more variety in the game again. Now if only they could find a way to make the Succubus as awesome as she was in vanilla..

Oh, and I see you went Frost spec Laura. Do you use macros? I think the Water Elemental Macro still works:

#showtooltip Freeze

/petattack

/cast [nopet] Summon Water Elemental

/click [pet] PetActionButton5

/stopmacro [target=pet, nodead]

/script PetDismiss()

Bind it to the middle mouse button too. Middle mouse will then summon the elemental, middle mouse again will bring up the target for your ranged Frost Nova. Left mouse to cast it

Another useful macro which my frost mage uses is:

#showtooltip Frostbolt

/console Sound_EnableSFX 0

/use 13

/use 14

/cast Icy Veins

/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

/console Sound_EnableSFX 1

/cast Frostbolt

Bind it to your usual Frostbolt key, it automatically uses Icy Veins if it's not on cooldown before casting your FB.

My Mage...

mage80p.th.jpg

(and she is a clicker!)

Macros are very handy though. They really do make a lot of things easier. This one is the super decursing macro:

/cast [mod][@mouseover,help][help][@targettarget, help][@player] insert spell name

If you target no one, it will heal/dispel/decurse you (depending on the spell name you put into the macro)

If you target a friendly player, it will heal/dispel/decurse them.

If you target no one but mouse over a friendly player on screen, or a friendly players action bar, it will heal/dispel/curse them.

If you target or mouseover a mob, it will heal/dispel/decurse the person who is tanking it.

Obviously you need to replace "insert spell name" with whatever dispel your class has, which for the Mage is "remove curse" or something, isnt it?

Looking at your armory profile Laura, you should get an offhand item too. Even if its just one from the auction house.

Â