World of Warcraft

The_Rev

Hey I have a few characters on the Al'Akir server - anyone else on there?

This is a huge topic here, I guess many people are now bored of this and moved on to other things?

Yea, the had all pretty much left by the time I got on this site too ;-)

There are still 4 or 5 that play, some are on Tauren Mill, not too sure where else.

I was on The Sha'tar but I have cancelled my subscription now. I hopped ship for Aion and Diablo III (when it comes out). No doubt I will be back to give WoW a go when Cataclysm is released. However it had turned a bit dull for me and there wasn't much to do.

What's all this merge your account with a battle.net account and get a free pet penguin nonsense?

Just done it, does exactly what it says on the tin. Just follow the email link they send you, you will then create a Battle.net account (takes about three minutes) and then you're sorted.

Just means you log onto Warcraft with a different name and when/if you buy future battle.net titles they are all under the same account.

• 3 weeks later...
Query for all you long-timers.

I am a level 51 Draenai Mage and I am currently questing in the Un'Goro Crater, is there anywhere else I can go? I really don't like the area / quests.

You could go to Hinterlands or Searing Gorge if you haven't done those areas. I like Searing Gorge at around level 51 as it gives nice and easy xp, due to the fact that many of the mobs are level 48-50 if I remember correctly. You can probably get to level 53 in those two areas easily.

Around level 53-55 I like going to Felwood. Then I head to Winterspring, which I really like. Then off to Plaguelands around 57-58 area, if I remember right.

Anyway, I'd say try Searing Gorge at your level if you haven't already done it. If you have then try Hinterlands. If you haven't visited either then even better, as you will get lots of quite easy quest xp. Good luck. :D

The Plaguelands is the place to go from about 55. Do the Western, then the Eastern, then you are ready to hit Outland at level 58 (and make sure you do hit it at 58)

The Plaguelands are great as there are so many quests so close together. No **** about from one side of the world to the other. Dont bother with Winterspring. Its not a fun place for Mages (too much frost resistance) and the level required, you might as well be in Hellfire Peninsula.

My advice? Felwood or Azshara. Both quite pretty. Then go to to Chillwind camp and that will see you to 58. Then through the portal!

Check the Auction house for level 58 gear too. Lots of people sell Outland greens on the Auction House. They are a massive improvement over Azeroth gear. If you start looking now you can probably win stuff with bids rather than buyouts and save a few quid.

I forgot to mention cloth turn ins too. You can get a lot of xp from turning in cloth at all the capital cities. I think I used to do it at level 58, then went to Outland. Very good xp from the cloth and is worth buying from the ah if you can't be bothered to farm it.

Its easy as a Mage to do stuff like that. You just beat the shit out of the Scarlet Crusade with some Frost AOE and collect the cloth.

Its good fun for a change from questing.

Thanks guys, I will check out all the advice later on, I'm desperate to get out of un'Goro Crater, it's horrid. :thumb:

I got Trim to play this weekend too! He started a Human Warrior and was quite getting into it, bless him. He said he still feels dirty though... Haha! I shall turn him into a little geek yet.

Â