World of Warcraft

The_Rev

Healing debate time.

I can keep up a single target for ages, however, on a boss fight if the boss does some sort of aoe or cleave and I have to heal multiple targets then it really sucks. By the time I've targetted and healed some party members, the tank is probably going to die. I'd imagine a priest would whack a renew/shield/ POM on the tank and heal the dps relatively comfortable in the knowledge that the Tank isn't going to die. Or he can use Prayer of Healing. I on the other hand have to stop healing the tank in order to heal anyone else. This has to be where Pally healing fails, and yes they can heal a single target with relatively no mana issues, but Priests don't have it all bad, they keep up a group better then a Pally imo. There is gonna be some boss fights where I'm spam healing the tank and if the dps don't have a healthstone/bandage then theyre going to die. (I'm gonna have to be one of those healers that tells the dps to BADNAAGE!!!)

I'm putting off going to Auchenai Crypts as I imagine the above coupled with the fact that the boss does an aoe explosion AND increases your cast time by about 10x normal, would mean a wipe fest unless theres a backup healer with me.

Auchenai crypt sucks for pallys. No hots, no instant heals (holy shock wont cut it). I remember not being able to solo heal shirrak when I was that level.

Pallys are awesome spamming single targets, but its possible to heal grps- Ive solo healed every instance (non heroic ofc). I've just started heroics- but don't have enough feedback on these yet (need to get up to +1500 plus heal I think). Just mech and slave pens. I'm very worried about my mana here post patch as Im spamming holy light at times.

For me it's about preemptive healing and already being ready on your next target before the heal ends. Also is the key from when you switch between flash and holy, especially when that first holy light doesn't have the benefit of light's grace. I've just installed sws meters, and really working on my overheals in preparation for this nerf- Im going to have to be way more efficient.

Holy shock can be used on cloths in an emergency to keep them safe, and you should be bopping people on a regular basis, or taunting mobs on to you- sounds crazy but you can take a few mobs hitting you in your plate until things are under control (stun helps here).

You cant have everything.

Firstly AoE dmg is very very rare to the degree you need AoE healing. Your flash heal, FoL whatever, is more then enough to recover minor AoE damage.

If its a major problem in spesific instances you just add a shadowpriest, and you get infinite mana with it aswell.

Im yet to use Prayer of Healing in Heroics or raids, so you are far better off then any priest, and you got plate and **** insane healing talents.

You have it easy.

level 62 nuking build. There really is no point in going past ruin unless you want to use fire spells. The top end of the destruction tree is all about fire damage and crit gear.

Id take Instant Howl, then either build to UA for a kickass dot or fill Demonic Embrace.

For TRL

Q: From the CM's replies on the forums regarding the diminishing role of priests in the current game content (PvE and PvP), we're led to believe there is going to be future review of priests. Can you provide us any insight on the changes that could be a possibility?

Kalgan: Well, i think some of the diminishing role of priests had a lot to do with the power of the illumination talent. With 2.1 there are some significant balance changes that should improve the role of healing priests in endgame content regardless of the fact that it wasn't the hpm/hps of the priests themselves that changed significantly.

Q: What is the developer vision on the subject of "pure" and "hybrid" classes? Are pure classes supposed to be better than hybrids in their specialized role? Tanking for a warrior, healing for a priest, magical dps for amage, physical dps for a rogue.

Kalgan: Generally speaking we want "pure" classes to perform better in their primary roles, with hybrids coming close, but providing additional group utility to offset their reduced primary role power. Some restrictions apply, your mileage may vary.

So lead developers agree with you- but they're not looking to buff you. Just reduce paladins mana. I'm sure we both agree this is the wrong approach.

http://www.worldofraids.com/#4099

Indeed. But Paladins needed a nerf, because atm. they are not balanced. Stick them with a shadowpriest and you dont need a holy priest, except maybe one with imp spi and fort.

The problem IMO, is that the Devs have made priests AoE healers, with **** all survivability, poor single target healing abilities, zero stackable raid support. We simply arent needed, like you can use paladins, shamans or especially druids.

Kalgan: Generally speaking we want "pure" classes to perform better in their primary roles, with hybrids coming close, but providing additional group utility to offset their reduced primary role power.

This i find fantastic though. They might say they want it, but they have NEVER given priests any talents which would make us a primary healer. We still are stuck with CoH, Lolwell, HolyNova, Spirit (which we depend on) in a different tree, and still a ton of shite dps talents in the holy tree.

What we have now are hybrids who perform better and have additional group utility.

And FWIW i dont think the Illu nerf will affect you to the degree you think. It will go from 100% to 60% afaik, and thats a LOT. Its a very very efficient way. Stack crit gear and have far far far better regeneration methods then any healing priest.

I dont get why they dont ask for an explenation when it comes to the nerf of shadowweaving. Fair enough the synergy between locks and priests were too good. But why punish shadowpriests only? If you intend on nerfing shadowweaving, then they should buff shadowform with the percentage they take off.

To be honest they should have just buffed Warlock destruction tree.

Youve played a Destruction Lock for a while now Tarj and you know that its NUKE NUKE NUKE *oom*

Its really only a tree that you would use in BG's now. Its too mana inefficient for where we are PvE wise and its like playing a Mage without Blink or Nova in PvP.

I dont think a raid can keep lifetapping up now like they could back in the 40 man days. Less spare healers means healing rotation is less common and the mobs hit a lot harder. Destruction is just a drain on healer mana that isnt needed and destruction itemisation is quite poor now (Warlocks need +sta +int +crit gear, but it tends not to exist, its all +spirit where the Stamina needs to be) but if full Destruction was more attractive, more Warlocks would go fire, Warlock - Mage synergy would be there for all to see (between us we can ramp fire damage up to the same amount as Shadow can be buffed with a Priest) and you probably wouldnt have seen this Weaving nerf. But thats what Blizz want from our fire school..

Well, i think some of the diminishing role of priests had a lot to do with the power of the illumination talent

lol, thats how they buff priests, by nerfing palas. I'm sure Illumination has been around for 2 years as well, its only OP once the horde get it :evil:

And the fun part is that the nerf of Palas wont give us anything. Id still take a Paladin over a priests regarding raiding anyday anytime, whenever whereever.

Well, i think some of the diminishing role of priests had a lot to do with the power of the illumination talent

lol, thats how they buff priests, by nerfing palas. I'm sure Illumination has been around for 2 years as well, its only OP once the horde get it :evil:

I think its the fact that healers have to chain cast a lot more in TBC, which kinda breaks spirit based regen.

Â