World of Warcraft

The_Rev

its for the three drakes mainly.

They have an aoe called the shadow flame. its a killer. The cape makes it so it isnt quite such a killer.

bubblehearthftwdk7.th.jpg

After a bit of MC from TRL, we got Hacksaw (the one from NWG that isnt Toastmaster) to Thralls chamber.

Hows this for a bubblehearth?

He was even indirectly responsible for the death of a low level undead who had followed us in.

Apparently if you are neutral with a faction, you get hit by the cleave attack. And Undeads start neutral with Orcs, Tauren and Trolls..

Wonder if i will get Onyxia cloak. Do healers even need it on Neff?

Everyone needs it on Nefarian - not having the cloak means instant death at the start of the second phase since Nefarian shadow flames the entire raid regardless of line-of-sight, range or whatever. Having the cloak mitigates the damage to around 600-1000 per person - easily healed.

The cloaks actually aren't necessary for everyone against the three drakes - only the tanks absolutely *need* them, and they're useful for the melee DPS too.

Unless you stand behind the throne.

Makes no difference.

The Nef shadow flame takes no account of LoS or range, as I said above.

His shadow flame directly is kinda girly, but the DoT will kill you if you don't have the cloak.

Also, employing the 'hide behind the throne' strategy is totally impractical considering the way the raid needs to spread in phase 1.

I was going from this (the bit for "Phase 2"). I haven't been there yet - and I've got ice block anyway. :wink:

I think the hiding thing was nerfed fairly recently, so WowWiki might be out of date.

As for iceblock, it's a must-have for guilds learning phase 2 to counter-act the mage 'class call'; instead of polymorphing everyone nearby, iceblock will instantly remove the debuff which lets you get on with the important tasks of DPS and - in particular - decursing the main tank. You shouldn't waste it to avoid the shadow flame.

I think the game is quite well structured in that you're very unlikely to be facing Nefarian without having Onyxia on farm (and therefore having an abundance of cloaks).

The Nef shadow flame takes no account of LoS or range, as I said above.

So its a bit like a Hunters aimed shot (only doing less damage ofc) then?

Went to MC for the first time last night. The raid was full of classes in blues with limited FR (just like me). As such, we wiped a few times on the trash mobs....

... but still managed to down Geddon, Shazzrah and - with only 35 players left - Golemagg.

clicky

Really well done lads. :D

If you are getting as far as killing Golemagg (best loot in the Core :) ) already, then you really arent that far away from getting Domo down, and summoning Ragnaros (you do have someone to douse the runes?)

Just hammer MC for a few weeks, gear up your tanks and have fun.

Are you doing Onyxia yet? And the 20 mans? There is some real nice stuff in ZG, and the books in AQ are always welcome.

time to start reading the loot drops and making a wishlist!

Are you doing Onyxia yet? And the 20 mans? There is some real nice stuff in ZG, and the books in AQ are always welcome.

Not yet for Ony, but doing the 20 mans regularly - which I am not often a part of yet :cry:

Still lagging a long way behind some of the places you lot have been.

And your videos are awesome, Rev!

Sweet! Thanks for the link...

.... though my chances of remaining a DPS shaman are pretty small.

.... though my chances of remaining a DPS shaman are pretty small.

Yep, if I were you I'd respec resto now and get some practice in, and start gearing up that way. You're a lot more use in most 20 and 40 man raids you'll find. I'm currently 0/5/46 after spending most of my shammy life as an elemental 30/0/21, and I have to say I'm really enjoying it. It's not a great grinding or PvP spec, as damage output is obviously greatly reduced, but you can easily heal a five man raid, and will be in demand for all raids, and much loved in your guild.

when i get back from work i fully expect to see a screenie of you guys standing over a dead Firemaw!

You even waited for me to get back from work. 8)

firemawzm3.th.jpg

You were there for the glory, but that was some **** hard work. I'm knackered, was more relief then joy at the end. I didn't really enjoy the encounter. Back to the fun ones at the start now its reset though!

Â