World of Warcraft

The_Rev

Nah, i survied the whole pull when we killed the 3 dragons there.

The KTM was for Noctuses target too.

Pissed me off on the Firemaw attempt where i got aggro though. He did a wing buffet and knocked 50% off of the tanks aggro. Im next on the Aggro list, even though i was about 8th in the Damage Done list.

Nowhere near as bad as Broodlord, but still, when Aggro is an issue in a fight, its a bit unfair to be expected to deal with it when you have no tools to deal with it.

What can i do except hold back to the point of slacking?

No wonder Alliance have this "easy mode" thing going on. 30% less aggro just for having a Paladin in your raid?

Ebonroc had to be the easist boss I've encountered in ages. Maybe it's a reward for the trash being such a pain in the arse. Even Firemaw was easy once we got the extra hunter in. If we can keep the decent players together, BWL will be on proper farm status very soon.

Ebonroc had to be the easist boss I've encountered in ages. Maybe it's a reward for the trash being such a pain in the arse. Even Firemaw was easy once we got the extra hunter in. If we can keep the decent players together, BWL will be on proper farm status very soon.

Certainly.

Im confident we can get to at least where we are now pretty much every week. We will see how big and bad the last two bosses are soon.

But i do think if we keep the guild together then we are farming six Blackwing Lair bosses and we can do our "gearing" runs in there as reward for those of us who have made this happen, rather than running the less active people through MC all the time. Im not saying abandon MC, but we can put it on a back burner while we enjoy BWL fever for a while.

Feels so much better when you know you have done it yourself rather than **** off to another guild who already has it on farm and leeching free epics from them, doesnt it?

I'm respeccing this week. I'm going to try Gramme's talent build - it's the same as a couple of our guys so must be worth a try.

Realistically, if you have other mages in your regular raid group with Winter's Chill, then there's no need for you to sink points there. Once the debuff is applied to a mob, it works for everyone using frost spells against the mob. I think I'm the only one in Chimaera who has Winter's Chill, but since I probably attend 95%+ of all raids, all the other frost mages can feel pretty sure they'll get the benefit.

With Nefarian looming large on your horizon, I would recommend thinking about sinking your points into frostbite, permafrost and improved blizzard. The big stumbling block for Nefarian is phase 1 - once you've got that sorted, a kill isn't far behind. But you need to be all over the drakonid spawns, and *everything* helps in keeping them pinned down. Our raid is quite mage-heavy, and all 7 or 8 of us respecced improved blizzard to give us that extra edge. It worked a treat.

After a couple of kills, we all felt comfortable enough with the encounter to resort to our previous specs.

If you do decide to take Winter's Chill, I strongly recommend that you max out to 5/5. I find, with 4/5, that the debuff doesn't stick quite as much as it should (80%, lawl) and will be dropping a point from 3/3 improved CoC to get 5/5 Winter's Chill once I get back from holiday.

If PvP isn't a consideration, then the Arcane Tree is still worth thinking about - something like 29/0/22, if you have enough +hit gear. Which you might not, yet... so go for this instead. The mana regen talents are very sweet, as is Arcane Instability on top of someone else's Winter's Chill. Naxxramas is so heavy on the mana it's unreal... for the first boss, I'll use all 4 mana gems, a major mana potion and 2 evocations. But that's a few weeks away for you guys yet!

Decisions, decisions... :winkold:

Thanks for the advice. Primarily I need some points in Arcane to reduce threat (for BWL). That is essential. I really don't want to give up my Fire Blast, but needs must. I'll let you know what I go for...

Naxxramas is so heavy on the mana it's unreal... for the first boss, I'll use all 4 mana gems, a major mana potion and 2 evocations. But that's a few weeks away for you guys yet!

Ill bet your Warlocks love the instance and your healers love the Warlocks!

i. need. more. mana..

Thanks for the advice. Primarily I need some points in Arcane to reduce threat (for BWL). That is essential. I really don't want to give up my Fire Blast, but needs must. I'll let you know what I go for...

There's absolutely nothing worthwhile in the arcane tree to reduce threat - not since the mage revamp in 1.10. Arcane Missiles is a dead spell nowadays - massive mana cost for no other real comparative benefit. Taking 2 points in Arcane Subtlety is kind of a no-brainer, but totally just as a stepping stone to Arcane Concentration. Frost Channeling and/or Burning Soul are what you need for threat reduction with decent efficiency. The 3-piece Netherwind bonus is good too, particularly for a scorch build - it reduces 100 damage worth of threat from every spell cast.

The arcane tree is all about the mana regen. Mage aggro doesn't really happen these days, unless Ignite ticks start going insane... :winkold:

I never did find Mankirk's wife!

The last time I saw her was in that Sun article years ago exposing Dwight Yorke and Mark Bosnich as cross-dressing fetishists. You could tell it was her from the tattoo of Thrall on her left buttock.

There's absolutely nothing worthwhile in the arcane tree to reduce threat - not since the mage revamp in 1.10. Arcane Missiles is a dead spell nowadays - massive mana cost for no other real comparative benefit. Taking 2 points in Arcane Subtlety is kind of a no-brainer, but totally just as a stepping stone to Arcane Concentration. Frost Channeling and/or Burning Soul are what you need for threat reduction with decent efficiency. The 3-piece Netherwind bonus is good too, particularly for a scorch build - it reduces 100 damage worth of threat from every spell cast.

The arcane tree is all about the mana regen. Mage aggro doesn't really happen these days, unless Ignite ticks start going insane... :winkold:

*BITES LIP*

*BITES LIP*

I'm not sure whether your post is a dig at me or a dig at your guild's mages... :winkold:

^^ neither, its a Lock's whine at NOT having those abilities

Anyway, lets not forget my screenshot, here it is again:

406191141vx4.th.jpg

**** ace Dan, in town gear too, you sir are a gentleman!

So how many Bastard Trash before Chrommy? Is it just those 3 at the door?

Â