General Krulak (part 2) and *STILL NO TRANSFER QUESTIONS*

LancsVillan

General, excellent result tonight and our supporters were absolutely tremendous. Couple of quick questions.

1.) how many tickets have Blackburn taken for the 2nd leg. There were about 13k Blackburn supporters at the game tonight so I honestly can't see them selling anymore than 2-3k. Will tickets that they don't take up be made available to Villa fans if needed and on that point how many tickets have been sold?

2.) what is the attendance looking like being on Sunday?

3.) will Randy and/or yourself be at any of our fixtures in the coming weeks?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General Krulak here:

1. A good reault last night. Like most fans, I would love to have had a another goal...a cushion...but getting a win away at a cup semi-final is good no matter what the score. Blackburn will come into Villa park with absolutely nothing really to lose and everything to gain so we really need to be on our game. Randy will be at the game...I am still bugging my doctors to let me fly.

2. We are not sure yet how many Blackburn fans will be at the game. They have their allocation and have up to kickoff to buy their tickets. We currently expect around 40K at the game based upon sales activity to date...so it is not yet a sell out. The key, obviously, is to have as many fans as possible at the game, screaming their lungs out.

3. Sunday attendence is looking like about 36K.

General

I remember reading some of your previous posts in which you mentioned that you drove some long distance journies in the US, if your doctors knew this would it encourage them to give you permission to fly ?

I have flew to the US and surely the doctors would also realise that an 8+ hours flight is less stressful than long distance driving

I wish you well General, hopefully you will be back at Villa Park soon - our sacred place of worship

Thank you Sir

General Krulak here:

1. Gizmo: Please understand that most of those ATM's are sponsored by banks...the photo of the UBS machine is an example. The machines are not free...they are free to user but not to the bank or institution. If they are only used once a week, the revenue will not meet the expense.

Fairy Nuff. I have just illustrated that I know nothing about cash machines :)

Hi general

This isnt a transfer question, just a plea.

We desperatly need a 20+ goal a season striker, an out and out goal scorer who knows how to stick the ball in the back of the onion bag.

I dont expect an answer, just gald of the opportunity to air my view to someone in the club - I'm sure MON is on top of things.

Up the Villa!

Hi General,

I'd just like to say that i recently attended the holte suite for a party and was hugely impressed. I never got the chance to see the old holte suite so can't compare it to that. It has a lovely layout and the features and superb, so many fans of other teams commented to me about how amazing it was. The service was great and the food even better. I'd like to say well done with the outcome of the suite.

Hi General. I hope we get everyone behind us on wed night. i wont be coming as im a) quite broke, now i was tempted to allow Mr Barclays overdraft to get a bit deeper for it, but today B) the stewards in lower nirth just annoyed me again.

We were trying to get behind the team, second half, when they told us to sit down. As i did a chant of stand up if you love villa happened and i stood up as we got a corner:

the stewards stood and started taking rows who were stood up.

God help us if this happens wednesday, there will be no atmosphere if they march around telling us to sit down and watch our flags!

UTV. hope you make it!

Dear General,

All too often, its easy to complain about issues, but I also believe in saying something when its worth it. In this instance, first of all I'd like to praise the disabled stewards for the work they have done. It has been something that I've noticed a difference with already this season, and I wanted to just pass this on to you as well. They have all done a great job.

Secondly, I've been really impressed with the addition of the jacket potatoes in the Trinity (Don't know if other stands have them or not). I meant to mention this before and forgot - but they offer a great alternative, and I believe are superbly priced as well. Already I know of one other supporter who previously wouldn't eat at the ground, for a few reasons - who now enjoys a Jacket potato after I told them about their addition. So, thank you to whoever arranged to make this possible. :)

Hi General,

I hope you are well, and able to travel over soon. Shame we could'nt finish the bubbles off yesterday, but life goes on.

I have a question for you, and appreciate you may not be able to answer, but here goes...

Last week the Aston Villa club Historian was ejected from Villa park, and removed from his post, the offence he committed was to post on a forum on the subject of the William McGregor statue. I understand he had been told not to post on forums, but equally the club were happy for him to appear in print and other media when the fine Villa chronicles were published, but having him marched off site, and treated like this, is it really the ethos and standard of the club under Randy and you? I had thought a more enlightened and decent attitude prevailed at VP now, but this incident suggests possibly not, it is deeply disturbing and no way to treat a decent bloke.

Thanks

Hi General, thank you for everything so far, the effort you have always put in for us fans (including Adam, who is doing really well btw!) just one question for you..

Whats been your favourite memory so far? your highlight!?

General Krulak here:

1. steve_avfc: The doctors have no problem with me driving...in fact, that is the only mode of transportation they want me to use. My problem is that, for the past 8 months, I have not been able to take antibiotics...since they were the initial cause of my illness. Air travel places me in close proximity to many peope, all confined in a cylindrical tube called an airplane. The air we breath is recirculated air that puts people like me in danger. I hope to be given the green light soon. Until then, the doctors indicate that I cannot risk getting an illness that would require an antibiotic.

2. Here is the status of ticket sales for Blackburn. We have sold 37,803 as of today...counting 2k estimated away sales. The away fans will be located in the North Stand upper only. Upper P Block seating will be released to HOME fans today. We had 742 sales yesterday and expect 40k at the game. There are tickets available. We'd love a full house to cheer the lads on...the atmosphere will be spectacular.

3. Secret_squirrel: A 20+ goal striker. I am not sure how many Clubs are going to part with a 20+ goal striker in the middle of the year. Again, this is not a subject that I can or should talk about. We have a great Manager and we need to trust him.

4. nr11: I am fully aware of this incident and, as you can imagine, there are two sides to this story. It would not be fair to the individuals involved to disuss the details of this issue. Suffice it to say that most fans understand completely the ethos and the traditions that Randy tries to inspire within everyone associated with Villa. He is a very fair man and does not take action without lightly or without cause.

Hi General, hope you are well.

I have been a season ticket holder for 3 seasons now and I have just lost my card, I am surprised to hear when I phoned I would be charged £10 for a replacement. Now I know it's my fault that I had lost the card, but £10 for a replacement? It already cost me £340 and it's the first time I had lost it, it just seems a little much just for a replacement card. I am struggling right now and the lady at the office told me that I need get a replacement because they won't be printing paper tickets for me as they want me to use the card (which I did v Hammers), which i cannot afford right now.

John, this is a thread for questions so I don't really want to get into an exchange on here, suffice it to say, my post asks for further clarification on something the general has already put into the public domain and then goes on to ask a further questiion about a possible future outcome in a different circumstance. So not breaking sub judice.

In the light of John_Lerwill's comment, please could posters refrain from asking any further questions at this stage regarding what is currently a personal/private employment matter between one individual and the Club, at this stage. There is a thread regarding the issue in which posters opinions may be placed and discussion had. Thank you

Hi General, is there any reason why season ticket holders in the Cup Scheme are now receiving paper tickets for cup matches, no doubt at quite some expense to the Club?

By the way, I’m yet to receive my ticket for the Brighton match.

Gen

Instead of talking big stuff about the Villa, I am just interested to ask about you as a person.

What are your hobbies, what music do you like, what films / TV do you watch, who is the best person and the most disappointing person you have ever met - things like that.

Apart from American football and "real" football , what other sports do you watch ?. What do your kids do for a living ?

Be interesting to here a bit more about you the man.