Running

trimandson

Some questions about this strava app

Do you need internet on your phone for it to work does it use data

Is it worth upgrading to premium

Phone is adequate if your just doing it for interest. I have a Forerunner 110 its more accurate and you upload after and get amore accurate info.

The premium is of interest but doubt it would warrant long term investment.

Need to figure out m max heart rate to make the most of it i think.

Some questions about this strava app

Do you need internet on your phone for it to work does it use data

Is it worth upgrading to premium

Phone is adequate if your just doing it for interest. I have a Forerunner 110 its more accurate and you upload after and get amore accurate info.

The premium is of interest but doubt it would warrant long term investment.

Need to figure out m max heart rate to make the most of it i think.

Yeah I've found the mapmyrun app pretty good which is similar to strava and have used it alongside my forerunner.

The forerunner is more consistently accurate but mapmyrun is more user friendly....yet the forerunner gives u more detailed info.

To be fair to say that they are free, strava/mapmyrun/runkeeper apps are pretty darned good.

Think it boils down to whether u want to spend at least £100 or not

Still waiting for results but did around 1:09 for 10 miles which is way better than I thought I would do, last couple of miles sucked and I need to get my hip injury sorted sharpish.

That's going some, well done. I'm also struggling with a hip/groin/upper thigh injury that won't go away. I've been using a foam roller which seems to help...do u use one?...does it help??

Still waiting for results but did around 1:09 for 10 miles which is way better than I thought I would do, last couple of miles sucked and I need to get my hip injury sorted sharpish.

That's going some, well done. I'm also struggling with a hip/groin/upper thigh injury that won't go away. I've been using a foam roller which seems to help...do u use one?...does it help??

Yeah I got the roller out the cupboard this week to have a go along with some stretches to do from my physio. I find the roller helps on hammys, calves and IT band but not convinced on the rest.

Good time.

I did nigh on 10k this morning but with a fairly hefty profile. I was happy with 44 mins considering the climbs and tired legs from the parkrun yesterday.

http://www.strava.com/activities/113684754

About 6:45 a mile for yours?

foam rollers are great. The key is to keep doing them and keep to the routine. I spend 30 minutes a day in front of the tv of stretching, strength exercises, and rolling. Its like training, the more you do it the easier it becomes, but also the effect improves. Also would recommend a sports massage if you are doing a lot of training.

Yeah average over whole race was 6:53, but slowed down on last couple of miles as had to walk up a hill at mile 8 due to pain in hips. Struggled to get the rhythm back after that.

I think once I get back to my weight from the end of the summer and general fitness is up I might get myself to sub 1:30 half.

Yeah average over whole race was 6:53, but slowed down on last couple of miles as had to walk up a hill at mile 8 due to pain in hips. Struggled to get the rhythm back after that.

I think once I get back to my weight from the end of the summer and general fitness is up I might get myself to sub 1:30 half.

Awesome. sub 1.30 is my goal. PB is 1.36 but that was at a fairly difficult route and I'm back about that fitness again now. By late summer I hope to be thereabouts.

foam rollers are great. The key is to keep doing them and keep to the routine. I spend 30 minutes a day in front of the tv of stretching, strength exercises, and rolling. Its like training, the more you do it the easier it becomes, but also the effect improves. Also would recommend a sports massage if you are doing a lot of training.

Any recommendation on foam rolling routines, or any sites with good session examples? Currently just do my hip ITB for knee’s really..

I can't run anymore, knees are shot to shit.

Look after those joints boys and girls.

Careful with not overloading on the cycling - I get more injured from cycling (volume) than I do from running

Thats because you are cycling up Alpe D’Huez with a 66/11 single speed  :D

Any recommendation on foam rolling routines, or any sites with good session examples? Currently just do my hip ITB for knee’s really..

You can literally roll any part of the leg that has soft tissue. I do the calves, hips, gluts, quads. This might help Its important that you do them relatively slowly and that you hold on parts of muscles that feel tight. Also change the angle of the roller; its easier to do with a longer roller. You can also use a tennis ball to get into certain hard to reach muscles.

You can literally roll any part of the leg that has soft tissue. I do the calves, hips, gluts, quads. This might help Its important that you do them relatively slowly and that you hold on parts of muscles that feel tight. Also change the angle of the roller; its easier to do with a longer roller. You can also use a tennis ball to get into certain hard to reach muscles.

Thank you, as i said been doing down the side of my thigh for the ITB and when i shift and do towards the front of my leg that angle, bloody hell it ‘hurts’!

Â