Champions League 2024/25

maqroll

26 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Do I want to bet against us winning the Champions League next year? Yeah, I do. 

Emery tool Villarreal to a semi final and they were in the fight until the 2nd leg. 

Dortmund making the final this year while 5th in League 

Just now, CVByrne said:

Emery tool Villarreal to a semi final and they were in the fight until the 2nd leg. 

Dortmund making the final this year while 5th in League 

Cool.

We are not going to win the Champions League next year.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

We are not going to win the Champions League next year.

We're not known for optimism: 

Screenshot_2024-05-15-12-06-12-26_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Edited by mjmooney
  • Haha 3

Just now, duke313 said:

That's the spirit.

Oh give over, man. Delighted to be in the competition and can't wait, but it's fine to be realistic and say we aren't going to win the entire tournament. 

1 hour ago, Pongo Waring said:

Its all about the luck of the draw

I don't want luck in the draw

I don't want us in this competition to get easy teams. I don't want to be playing Leipzig, Brugge and Glimt. I want the giants.

I honestly don't care if we go out in the "group" stage. I'd like us to go through, sure. But I'd honestly rather play Bayern, Real Madrid, Juventus, PSG etc and go out in the "group" than play the easier teams in the competition and go through.

In future seasons it would be different. But for this one I want the occasion, not necessarily the results

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I don't want luck in the draw

I don't want us in this competition to get easy teams. I don't want to be playing Leipzig, Brugge and Glimt. I want the giants.

I honestly don't care if we go out in the "group" stage. I'd like us to go through, sure. But I'd honestly rather play Bayern, Real Madrid, Juventus, PSG etc and go out in the "group" than play the easier teams in the competition and go through.

In future seasons it would be different. But for this one I want the occasion, not necessarily the results

You can only play two teams from each pot, so we are going to get two difficult teams, some middling one and some easier ones.

Just now, duke313 said:

You can only play two teams from each pot, so we are going to get two difficult teams, some middling one and some easier ones.

I know.

But I'd rather get, say: Bayern, Real Madrid, Juventus, Milan, Celtic, Sporting, Monaco and AEK

than: Leipzig, Liverpool, Brugge, Shaktar, Lille, Glimt, Graz and Brestois

Both of those draws are possible

Just now, Stevo985 said:

I know.

But I'd rather get, say: Bayern, Real Madrid, Juventus, Milan, Celtic, Sporting, Monaco and AEK

than: Leipzig, Liverpool, Brugge, Shaktar, Lille, Glimt, Graz and Brestois

Both of those draws are possible

Is there any point in predicting who we'll get?  There could be any number of combinations.

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

Is there any point in predicting who we'll get?  There could be any number of combinations.

I'm not predicting who we'll get.

I'm purely saying that for our first campaign in 42 years I'd rather get the big, glamorous (but harder) ties over the small, less glamorous (but easier) ties. Even though the latter would give us a better chance of qualifying because it would be a "luckier" draw

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm purely saying that for our first campaign in 42 years I'd rather get the big, glamorous (but harder) ties over the small, less glamorous (but easier) ties. Even though the latter would give us a better chance of qualifying because it would be a "luckier" draw

Well, it would be nice to get some easier ties as you get more money the more you win.  We don't need to play against the best 8 teams in Europe.

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

A nice combination of both would be the best. If we could get a couple of easier(ish) teams at home and manage to win this would bring more money and also 6-8 points might be enough to get to the playoff round, or whatever it’s called.

Posted (edited)

To each their own but I'd rather have a deep run into the competition and enjoy winning some european nights than have some big nights out at the bernabeu and san siro and get spanked, but enjoy the occasion like we're some non-league team rocking up at Old Trafford

I'd love the easiest group we can get, we'll say hi to Madrid and Bayern at the business end ;) 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Success next season for me..

Get through the group stage..

top 5/6

Carabao Cup or FA Cup trophy 

There is no group stage anymore

12 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Well, it would be nice to get some easier ties as you get more money the more you win.  We don't need to play against the best 8 teams in Europe.

In your opinion. 

I'd absolutely rather play the 8 best teams in Europe on this occasion.

Â