Pics from where you live

MikeMcKenna

9 hours ago, limpid said:

I've left out the safari park, the steam trains, the palaces and the base for the free French during the second large disagreement.

PXL_20220729_122157976.MP.jpg

PXL_20210825_195442743~2.jpg

PXL_20230413_115610704.jpg

PXL_20230124_124402900.MOTION-02.ORIGINAL~2.jpg

20140809_125616.jpg

Recognise nearly all those photos - As a young lad, very nice memories of getting pissed by the river. More recent experiences have unfortunately been tarnished by what I can only describe as "pricks from Kiddy". Shame, so many lovely pockets around there, both sides of the river.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, T-Dog said:

Recognise nearly all those photos - As a young lad, very nice memories of getting pissed by the river. More recent experiences have unfortunately been tarnished by what I can only describe as "pricks from Kiddy". Shame, so many lovely pockets around there, both sides of the river.

We don't talk the people from the other side of the river.

:mrgreen:

• Haha 1

I interpreted the brief literally, and took the pic (page 2) from where I live - pointed the camera out of an attic window and snapped. It looks idyllic - and we do indeed face onto farm land. But the camera does lie. The grey bit you can faintly see through the branches is a very busy (and noisy) 'A' road. 

• Like 1

This shithole is across the main road from our office for those people that want the warts n all approach :D 

If anyone wants a real life game of Zombie Frogger with added mobility scooters, this is the epicentre of your world.

Why waste money on Halloween Scarefests when you can have that experience 363 days of the year and not pay a penny…

IMG_1831.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bickster said:

This shithole is across the main road from our office for those people that want the warts n all approach :D 

If anyone wants a real life game of Zombie Frogger with added mobility scooters, this is the epicentre of your world.

Why waste money on Halloween Scarefests when you can have that experience 363 days of the year and not pay a penny…

IMG_1831.jpeg

I'll raise you this shit tip within 3 minutes walk of the main entrance to The Bullring. 

And for double bubble I used to work in it. 

IMG-20240514-WA0008.jpg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I'll raise you this shit tip within 3 minutes walk of the main entrance to The Bullring. 

And for double bubble I used to work in it. 

IMG-20240514-WA0008.jpg

Not even close. Do they have to put buckets out when it rains? It’s seriously embarrassing and the council actually bought the effing thing off the former owners because it would be bad for Bootle if the shopping Centre closed. As usual they were wrong. It’s a shithole and now it’s a council tax money pit 

Those offices look like they have people working in them. Half of The Strand has been condemned to its right is a high rise office block formerly inhabited by HMRC now empty called the Triad also known to be in need of demolition (but it won’t be)

Just now, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Where are you?

West Kootenays, halfway between Calgary and Vancouver, a few minutes from the border

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, fruitvilla said:

West Kootenays, halfway between Calgary and Vancouver, a few minutes from the border

Thought it looked familiarish: drove from Vancouver to Jasper once, camped at Wells Gray PP in between. Beautiful country 🍻 We were on a weeks long camping trip, one of my favorite roadtrips ever. Dying to get back up there, it’s been far too long

3 hours ago, bickster said:

IMG_1831.jpeg

That’s not the same shopping centre James Bulger was taken from is it?

11 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Thought it looked familiarish: drove from Vancouver to Jasper once, camped at Wells Gray PP in between. Beautiful country 🍻 We were on a weeks long camping trip, one of my favorite roadtrips ever. Dying to get back up there, it’s been far too long

The park would be about a seven-hour drive to the north for me. I lucked out ending up in this part of the world from B14.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, fruitvilla said:

The park would be about a seven-hour drive to the north for me. I lucked out ending up in this part of the world from B14.

Wow, my geography isn’t as good as I thought it was, had no idea one could be that far south of Wells Gray & still be in 🇨🇦 🤣

unnamed.jpg?format=2500wDown

Downtown of my "city".  It's only a little over 100 years old, so no real historic buildings or anything, but it's nice enough.   They roll up the sidewalks at 9:00 PM, though.

• Like 4

On 14/05/2024 at 19:55, fruitvilla said:

lucked out ending up in this part of the world from B14.

Whereabouts in B14? 

3 hours ago, il_serpente said:

They roll up the sidewalks at 9:00 PM, though.

im-sorry-what-roscoe-conklin.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

The soon to be demolished Ringway building with St Martins church spire poking above. 

Would be clearer if that bloke in front got out of the way. 

image.png.4674aa08b7627483f14a5e848138c980.png

Edited by sidcow

Â