Totally useless information/trivia

RunRickyRun

Yesterdays was:

The average human will eat 8 spiders while asleep in their lifetime.

Made up that, innit.

It was printed in my diary, innit.

Is that the 2012 Snopes diary?

If I recall correctly, that spider stat was just made up by a radio DJ somewhere to test if people would believe made-up facts. Though I could be wrong.

After all, how on Earth would anyone know they'd ate a spider asleep...

If I recall correctly, that spider stat was just made up by a radio DJ somewhere to test if people would believe made-up facts. Though I could be wrong.

If you live in Perth and swallow a spider you will know,some of them can be quite large,

If you live in Perth and swallow a spider you will know,some of them can be quite large,

In Perth, if you are a spider you swallow 8 humans in your sleep.

Thats close enough to be correct

Yesterdays was:

The average human will eat 8 spiders while asleep in their lifetime.

Made up that, innit.

It was printed in my diary, innit.

Is that the 2012 Snopes diary?

Nope. Uni of Bradford alumni diary. :winkold:

Oh well, that explains everything.

Do spiders sleep though? I heard that ants don't.

Vegetables are deadly

A survey was done in America and they discovered that out of 1,000 people that have died recently 999 of them had eaten vegetables in the week leading up to their death ?!

Do spiders sleep though? I heard that ants don't.

I dont know, I dont want to get close enough to one of those BIG ones to find out

Vegetables are deadly

A survey was done in America and they discovered that out of 1,000 people that have died recently 999 of them had eaten vegetables in the week leading up to their death ?!

Don't be so stupid!

There's no way 99.9% of Americans eat vegetables ;)

Pretty much exactly what I was going to post Stevo :) Imagine my disappointment when I went to cite the "pizza is a vegetable" article for comedy purposes only to find the Washington Post has since debunked those claims as being bogus.

Vegetables are deadly

Don't be so stupid!

There's no way 99.9% of Americans eat vegetables ;)

I want to know how they surveyed 1000 dead americans

Boring is an unincorporated community in Baltimore County, Maryland, at the intersection of Old Hanover Road and Pleasant Grove Road, about 5 miles north of Reisterstown. An important stop on the Western Maryland Railroad, it is very small, consisting of about 40 houses, the Boring Methodist Church, Boring Volunteer Fire Company (organized in 1907), and the Boring Post Office.

Boring is well known for the annual Boring Gas Engine Show and Flea Market, held in June by the Boring Volunteer Fire Department.

Wiki

Well I never. I just read the snopes entry for it. I didn't think a zebra's stripes would actually disappear on a B&W telly but they do. In some small way, you've just changed my childhood :)

• 1 month later...
Â