Weekends Football 6/8 October

andykeenan

10 minutes ago, villan95 said:

Onana can't be that bad considering Inter got to the CL final? But he's definitely having a bad time and it's entirely possible it continues and doesn't work out at Man Utd.

He isnt that bad and some of the mistakes are being clouded as all on him. 2 of the Galatasaray goals should not have got near him as the defence were Richards and Lescottesque and even todays goal WTF is Lindelof or Dalot doing at left back

He should be doing better but seems he is the fall guy and defenders getting away with murder

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Ferguson bought a few dud keepers himself between Schmeichel and Van der Sar

That is very true, but I can't help but feel that if there was a keeper who was as good as Emi is knocking around at a club like Villa then he would have just gone and got him. Though, I could be very wrong.

16 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Walsall getting trounced 4-0 at halftime by bottom of table Sutton 😂😂😂

Didn't even know such a team existed. 

I can't keep up with who's in and out of the Football League these days. 

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

I like Iraola but he didn’t need to leave Vallecano for this. 

Can't say I knew too much about Iraola but tbf Bournemouth looked like they had potential, staying up and spending a fair bit of money

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

I remember people saying Chelsea will be finishing comfortably in the top 6 because they have no Europe

They are only 4 points behind fifth. 

Slow start was expected with all the new signings, they will slowly settle and get better in the second half of the season. 

Id say finishing 7th or 8th personally.

Edited by ender4
  • Like 1

From what I've seen so far from the three promoted clubs Burnley have impressed the least for me. For their lack of quality Luton and Sheffield United have shown some fight and an understanding of having to be dogged in games. Burnley have looked like they want to still try and play themselves to safety.

• Like 2

Just now, stewiek2 said:

From what I've seen so far from the three promoted clubs Burnley have impressed the least for me. For their lack of quality Luton and Sheffield United have shown some fight and an understanding of having to be dogged in games. Burnley have looked like they want to still try and play themselves to safety.

They were brilliant in the Championship, just proves the levels lately.

6 minutes ago, villan95 said:

Can't say I knew too much about Iraola but tbf Bournemouth looked like they had potential, staying up and spending a fair bit of money

He did great stabilising Rayo in La Liga but ran his contract down - he only signed a two year deal with Bournemouth so he’d be easy to sack. Ambitious owners but yeah hasn’t worked. Bang average team. 

• Like 1

Â