January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

We missed a huge trick on Marcos Leonardo who has signed for Benfica from Santos, would have been perfect for us and could rotate with watkins regularly and not be out of place.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RicRic said:

We missed a huge trick on Marcos Leonardo who has signed for Benfica from Santos, would have been perfect for us and could rotate with watkins regularly and not be out of place.

Benfica is a great move for him tho. Great step up club for south Americans. Proven.

21 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Stricter rules might be a bit harsher and will limit our spending, but if it means Arsenal or Liverpool can't go out every season and cherry pick our players, then i'm all for it.

But they can, once everyone is in line with the new rules and it reaches its eventual limit, which is 70% I think then whomever has the bigger revenue goes back to picking off whatever they like.

FFP isn’t about saving clubs from going bust it’s about keeping those who generate the most revenue at the top.

if it were about saving clubs we would do real time accounting which that have in the lower leagues and they would allow owners to put together a bond for the excess in spending they want to do therefore protecting the club in question.

so for example we want to sign someone for 50m on a 5 year deal for 10m per year and it’s all outside of ffp the owners literally would have to stump up 100m pounds which is drawn down for the fee and wages.

32 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Something had to give though. The transfer fees and wages were becoming ridiculous. Hopefully some sort of reset can happen over the next few years although it’s more likely just going to see the traditional big clubs get a stronghold again.  Football is becoming a bit shit really isn’t it?

See my other reply 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, paul514 said:

But they can, once everyone is in line with the new rules and it reaches its eventual limit, which is 70% I think then whomever has the bigger revenue goes back to picking off whatever they like.

FFP isn’t about saving clubs from going bust it’s about keeping those who generate the most revenue at the top.

if it were about saving clubs we would do real time accounting which that have in the lower leagues and they would allow owners to put together a bond for the excess in spending they want to do therefore protecting the club in question.

so for example we want to sign someone for 50m on a 5 year deal for 10m per year and it’s all outside of ffp the owners literally would have to stump up 100m pounds which is drawn down for the fee and wages.

That's always been the case though, but it will (or should) be less frequent.  Arsenal for example can't afford a striker like Toney without selling some players, whereas before Toney would be gone, and Brentford left with some cash and a hole in their squad needing filled.  

• Like 1

Just seen an update on the Sanson loan… Nice can trigger a permanent move and fee (don’t know the figure) in the summer… apparently he’s impressed there and is desperate to stay…

Another one off the books hopefully…

Coutinho?

10 minutes ago, paul514 said:

If this were too happen though Man City and Newcastle would have dream teams and be competing for every trophy. Nobody would be able to compete with states. 

Going back on topic, I don’t think we’re signing anyone. 

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

Just seen an update on the Sanson loan… Nice can trigger a permanent move and fee (don’t know the figure) in the summer… apparently he’s impressed there and is desperate to stay…

Another one off the books hopefully…

Coutinho?

Forgot about him lol

9 minutes ago, RicRic said:

If im not mistaken i believe Martinelli was a Emery signing

Are you actually serious here? Dreaming if you can think we can sign him, a starter there…

Would be no interest but just imagine the asking price!

We’ll find our own Martinelli sorts thank you 😆

15 minutes ago, RicRic said:

If im not mistaken i believe Martinelli was a Emery signing

We don’t need a Brazilian player specifically… plenty of good LWs around of different nationalities…

My fave is an Italian 😂

Edited by Jas10

9 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

We don’t need a Brazilian player specifically… plenty of good LWs around of different nationalities…

My fave is an Italian 😂

Really 😧 im shocked by that would’ve never thought 🤣

14 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Are you actually serious here? Dreaming if you can think we can sign him, a starter there…

Would be no interest but just imagine the asking price!

We’ll find our own Martinelli sorts thank you 😆

No not to sign the actual martinelli obviously not but a replica of the player he is, we need to find our own that’s probably why i said Brazilian wide forward man

You are looking at £100m to prize him away from them and even before that its a no 😂

Edited by RicRic