Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

Just now, DJBOB said:

So…you’re saying there’s a chance?

Only if some other words removed have trademarked Rod Stewart with a clashing background on top of some wonky text.

7 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

I’m back to hoping it’s not the real thing. 

The AV150 logo which he uses as an example in that thread has been used on the pitch before kick off too

1 minute ago, BG_Villa_Fan said:

Only of whoever examines it on behalf of IPO is a Villa fan and is as outraged as us.

We need Prince William to talk to his dad and get a Royal Decree banning the new badge…

* not a thing I know but we can only dream

• Haha 1

Is it at all possible that the badge that has been registered is for something that we are going to use other than the main badge? On the IPO site there's the badge from the 50's and a stand alone black and grey lion. Neither of those have been used as the main badge when they were registered. But they are registered for the trademark. I know the standalone lion was on some promotional material/Purslow's suit last year? Just my thoughts 🤷‍♂️

I agree with most peoples thoughts. It's horrendous, and the wording at the bottom isn't even in line properly. I'd rather just stick with this seasons kit badge and use that as our badge going forward. But I do wonder if it's been registered to be used for something else, that's tied in with the club. I know there should just be one badge and that one badge used everywhere. But in today's footballing world where there are E Sports teams, links and ties with other clubs around the world, multiple branding requirements for multiple platforms. It just all seems so amateur if this is the new badge going forward and no official announcement/poor design etc. I have to admit it doesn't look good, anyway you look at it. The official wording from Heck before Christmas that the new badge would be revealed in the new year, and this was registered a couple of weeks ago. 

This is an absolutely dog shit travesty. I hope some random northern Sunday League ice hockey team have a very similar badge copyrighted to get this abomination cast into oblivion. Closely followed by Heck. What's next effing "GO SPORTS" on the badge? Blue and white? Absolute clown

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MapleVilla said:

Is it at all possible that the badge that has been registered is for something that we are going to use other than the main badge? On the IPO site there's the badge from the 50's and a stand alone black and grey lion. Neither of those have been used as the main badge when they were registered. But they are registered for the trademark. I know the standalone lion was on some promotional material/Purslow's suit last year? Just my thoughts 🤷‍♂️

I agree with most peoples thoughts. It's horrendous, and the wording at the bottom isn't even in line properly. I'd rather just stick with this seasons kit badge and use that as our badge going forward. But I do wonder if it's been registered to be used for something else, that's tied in with the club. I know there should just be one badge and that one badge used everywhere. But in today's footballing world where there are E Sports teams, links and ties with other clubs around the world, multiple branding requirements for multiple platforms. It just all seems so amateur if this is the new badge going forward and no official announcement/poor design etc. I have to admit it doesn't look good, anyway you look at it. The official wording from Heck before Christmas that the new badge would be revealed in the new year, and this was registered a couple of weeks ago. 

I think they may have thought people wouldn’t look at TM’s.  The reason they TM then on the 20th December I assume was it was the first time that evening that it was to be seen publicly ie at the FAB meeting so they had to protect their TM interests.  If it is the new badge I guess they either didn’t realised Villa fans are obsessed and would find it, didn’t care we’d find it or just had no choice but to TM then because the FAB were going to see it that night.

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Against all evidenced logic, I'm starting to feel like that isn't actually the badge 

Don't know why, just a feeling. Lol

Only issue with that is the club have had the best part of 24 hours to come out and distance themselves from it.  Or explain in in context (we're using some of these elements but the colour scheme is still being worked on). 

Purslow had his critics, but apart from the Gerrard appointment he didn't get a whole pile wrong.  The comms since he departed have def hit the skids. 

• Like 3

My 14 year old nephew whose a season ticket holder just got to see the new Heck badge for the first time, he didn’t know my opinion, not on Villa forums or use the same social media platforms as I do.  

His text message to me “That’s terrible”

15 minutes ago, nick76 said:

My 14 year old nephew whose a season ticket holder just got to see the new Heck badge for the first time, he didn’t know my opinion, not on Villa forums or use the same social media platforms as I do.  

His text message to me “That’s terrible”

Cool story bro 

• Confused 1

57 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Everton fan in the second one…😭

But, again, even though they hated it, that Everton one looks professional. It was badly thought out and design decisions were wrong, but it looks like it’s been made by a proper designer and a proper company. 

Ours doesn’t. It’s just **** shit

• Like 1

What I find most mind blowing is the choice of reverting back to the old lion when the new iteration stands out more and is more progressive yet still retains heritage - that’s what baffles me the most … The elements are there just executed wrong  

IMG_9179.jpeg

IMG_9177.jpeg

• Like 1

I do love our current circle best now apart from our club name being there. That always seems idiotic to me. Why actually name the club on the crest? I would prefer only 1874 and Prepared. New shield is meh. Looks like LogoMaker.com product. 

We'll probably never get a lovely crest like some fans made here. But change the colors and remove 1874 so the lion can be centered and not stick its head in the ceiling

This is all Vincent Tans fault … Design by commission leads to compromised designs and should be left without interference to the professional experts alone… fans collectively will never agree leading to a trying to please all mentality and failing 

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

Â