Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

1 minute ago, ben1505 said:

Did anyone actually watch the Burnley game? It was on at 2am here so I surprisingly didn't bother... Did the 2-1 flatter Burnley? If not then I don't think an in-form City will struggle against a Spurs side that just sneaked past Burnley..

Burnley actually looked pretty good for about 60 minutes. Then Spurs made wholesale changes and Burnley turned into a league 1 team.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Burnley actually looked pretty good for about 60 minutes. Then Spurs made wholesale changes and Burnley turned into a league 1 team.

So City shouldn't have any trouble against them?

Burnley were ok for the first half but utterly pathetic in the second half considering they had to win to have any chance of staying up.

Spurs will get absolutely battered by Man City as there is zero chance that Ange will adjust his tactics and Man City will need to win to maintain their title charge. Hopefully Arsenal beat Man Utd as then even the majority of spurs fans are going to want to lose v City otherwise they’ll be gifting Arsenal the title. 

• Like 1

Poll from spurs fanzine sees about 60% of fans preferring a loss to city to prevent Arsenal winning league even if it secures them 4th.  However many say if Man Utd beat Arsenal Sunday then they should go all out to secure 4th. 

1 hour ago, gabby_2010 said:

Poll from spurs fanzine sees about 60% of fans preferring a loss to city to prevent Arsenal winning league even if it secures them 4th.  However many say if Man Utd beat Arsenal Sunday then they should go all out to secure 4th. 

The players will be wanting to win regardless of what the fans want... hopefully it's irrelevant for our season

3 minutes ago, ben1505 said:

The players will be wanting to win regardless of what the fans want... hopefully it's irrelevant for our season

Yeah I don't get why people keep going on about the fans. 

The players will want to win. The manager will want to win and any players that want to still be part of his plans next year will want to prove that. 

• Like 1

If we can get at least a draw against Liverpool it would put the pressure on Spurs to have to beat City... 

Failing that, a narrow loss say by 1 goal... 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

The Spurs players couldn't give two shits about local rivalry. They are very likely pals with most of the Arsenal players as they certainly all hang out in places like Dubai. As with players of all PL clubs.

Fans seriously overestimate how much the players care about such menial things as fan rivalries. They really couldn't care less and it's them that play the game, not the fans.

Very true, for the vast majority of players it is just a job that they are very good at and very fortunate that the pay for that job is pretty good...

9 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

Very true, for the vast majority of players it is just a job that they are very good at and very fortunate that the pay for that job is pretty good...

Some of them aren't very good at it and still get paid loads...

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Absolutely true...

Presently I'm actually disappointed Unai Emery hasn't addressed it this season otherwise we'd be in a European final...

But hey injuries and stuff too has killed us too.

Well certainly he has tried to, but it's just been too much. You can only overperform so much. Unless you're Leverkusen of course. Their mental level is just ... mental.

Edited by AVTuco

6 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I feel Chelsea are going to be a problem next season.

But we'll improve as well.

God knows what Man U will do.

I agree. They will be top 4. This year is the year to get CL. Will be more difficult next year.

5 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

I agree. They will be top 4. This year is the year to get CL. Will be more difficult next year.

Liverpool might drop off?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Yeah I don't get why people keep going on about the fans. 

The players will want to win. The manager will want to win and any players that want to still be part of his plans next year will want to prove that. 

It will make a difference because the players will sense the weird atmosphere. They might want to win but if/when they fall behind they certainly won’t feel the same push to get back in the game.

Also after Ange basically said he wants to replace the entire team over the next few years after Chelsea I very much doubt those players he didn’t buy are going to push themselves to get champions league football for him. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

It will make a difference because the players will sense the weird atmosphere. They might want to win but if/when they fall behind they certainly won’t feel the same push to get back in the game.

Also after Ange basically said he wants to replace the entire team over the next few years after Chelsea I very much doubt those players he didn’t buy are going to push themselves to get champions league football for him. 

🤞

25 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

I’m surprised you even have to explain this about the fans.