Midweek Football 15/18 May

andykeenan

7 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

The way they're hoovering up the top quality year after year, who really does anymore?

This this and this

Not sure why it's continually ignored, team that outspends everyone else beats everyone else 

Maybe it'll take a CL or 5 before people take notice as to how shit it is but before then sky and BT et al will force it down all our throats that they're somehow plucky and this is all so **** brilliant 

• Like 2

Just now, villa4europe said:

This this and this

Not sure why it's continually ignored, team that outspends everyone else beats everyone else 

Maybe it'll take a CL or 5 before people take notice as to how shit it is but before then sky and BT et al will force it down all our throats that they're somehow plucky and this is all so **** brilliant 

Just good ol' capitalism at play. Consolidation of power will increase until competition is erroded.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Django_Zooms said:

Luton or Coventry in the top division? Wow. Would that mean I am young & sexy & allowed to chat up girls in their 80s & 90s again?!

ftfy to make the answer a "yes"

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

This this and this

To put this in perspective though, they are playing real Madrid, a team that's literal brand has been outspending everyone, and hoovering up the best talent, but they are lauded for their CL record.

18 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Probably nothing, he's always worked with the best and had the most money.

Kompany has learnt from him and taken Burnley to the championship title, changing them from Dycheball to one touch football. 

Arteta has learned from him and taken Arsenal from 5/6th to title challengers. 

I suspect Guardiola himself might do a bit better than you think. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jjaacckk91 said:

To put this in perspective though, they are playing real Madrid, a team that's literal brand has been outspending everyone, and hoovering up the best talent, but they are lauded for their CL record.

For sure, but it's Florentino Perez vs a literal country. They'll eventually fall behind.

Just now, MachoFantastico said:

I remember time wasting was going to be punished at the start of the season, what the heck happened to that? 

couple of yellows for Martinez

35 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

What game?

EDIT: Just checked and genuinely had no idea. Logged on to VT and saw the notification

Tbf I don't watch CL football anyway generally, unless I'm at a game for work. And that certainly wouldn't be a game that involves these rocket polishers.

Good choice, it's been a disaster. Should've gone with the Championship like last night from the off.

Â