New kits 23/24

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

sne

4 hours ago, S-Platt said:

Nice but outlandish claims they were formed in 1861 so 13 years older than Villa and a year older than Notts County making them the oldest professional club in the world!? Pull the other one!

Having looked into it, it’s so disingenuous of them to claim to be the continuation of a club that disbanded in 1875. I wasn't aware of this until I saw your post. 

Here's an interesting read from a Palace fan who disputes this revisionism 

The first Crystal Palace FC played on a portion of the cricket field, was formed in the 1861/62 season and folded during 1875/76. No results can be found for more than 20 years since and they are no longer listed in the Football Annuals.

The Athletic News, in 1883, clearly reports that CPFC disbanded as they could not come to an agreement with the owners of their pitch in Crystal Palace Park. This was divulged in a match report of a team calling itself Crystal Palace Rovers that played against the Pilgrims, in Walthamstow.

The writer says the idea of Crystal Palace Rovers was “to revive the past glories of the old Crystal Palace Club, which, in its day, was one of the strongest metropolitan societies, but eventually came to grief owing to a misunderstanding with the Palace authorities about their ground.”

9 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Freiburg 2023-24 Nike Kits

nurnberg_2023_24_adidas_away_kit_f.jpeg1182_southampton_2023_24_hummel_away_kit_e.jpeg

Leeds United 2023-24 Adidas Home Kit

Oh god that Freiburg kit just gave me eye cancer.

And how cheaply made does that Southampton shirt look? Sponsor will be off in one wash.

Actually quite like the Leeds one. Can't go wrong with that colour combo, really.

5 hours ago, The_Steve said:

spacer.png

Venezia's pre-match shirt. Eagerly awaiting what the actual kit will look like. 

They are always so good with these designs. They look like no one else.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Oh god that Freiburg kit just gave me eye cancer.

And how cheaply made does that Southampton shirt look? Sponsor will be off in one wash.

Actually quite like the Leeds one. Can't go wrong with that colour combo, really.

My problem with Leeds is the weird peacock stuff, if they kept it simple and clean it would be nice

Nice doesn't sell for £70 when you've been relegated I spose

On 12/07/2023 at 17:35, The_Steve said:

spacer.png

Venezia's pre-match shirt. Eagerly awaiting what the actual kit will look like. 

Venezia kits are so sexy it’s almost silly. 

• Like 1

Â