"The Terrace View" - Upper Holte Lounge

OutByEaster?

10 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Is that for an individual ticket, or are you one of a couple or small group?

I'd imagine they'd try to put you in the better available areas, so if you're on your own, Row 35 probably doesn't bode well for other Terrace View ticket holders that are in pairs or threes.

I have bought 2 of these so we are sat next to each other. I'd of still liked to be a little lower. Although i'm not sure where the lounge is in relation to the seating?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hereford-Villan said:

I have bought 2 of these so we are sat next to each other. I'd of still liked to be a little lower. Although i'm not sure where the lounge is in relation to the seating?

I believe the lounge is on the first concourse level which is the same level as the turnstiles of the Upper Holte reached by the external stairs at the back of the stand. To get to your seat, you'll need to go up steps from the first concourse level to the second concourse level, up steps to the seating area (at around Row 12 level) and then up steps to your correct row (the very back is around row 35).

1 hour ago, brommy said:

I believe the lounge is on the first concourse level which is the same level as the turnstiles of the Upper Holte reached by the external stairs at the back of the stand. To get to your seat, you'll need to go up steps from the first concourse level to the second concourse level, up steps to the seating area (at around Row 12 level) and then up steps to your correct row (the very back is around row 35).

Whats the view like at the very back of the holte?

4 minutes ago, Hereford-Villan said:

According to Simon Inglis’s book, the viewing distance to the centre circle is about the same as the San Siro!

I think the roof sloping down makes it all a bit claustrophobic up there personally.

11 minutes ago, Hereford-Villan said:

It's a fair distance from the pitch but the height does allow a good 'plan view' of the play. It's good for Holte End goal action but obviously very distant for the other goal. A positive is, provided we are playing okay or better, the atmosphere generated from the Upper Holte, particularly the back half is very good.

On 15/08/2023 at 15:33, tonyh29 said:

if you buy one of these , does that mean you qualify for European tickets for away games ?

I'd like to go to few of these , but from what I saw for the Hibs game , tickets will ONLY be available to season ticket holders ? 

It's a ballot like any other away ticket. there's so few European tickets anyway that it's virtually impossible to get one.

19 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

That's a strange one and something I hadn't thought of - you'll be sitting in the Upper Holte, but access to that part of the ground is going to be very limited for members, given that season ticket holders take up more than two thirds of the total seating and then the next six hundred available seats are occupied by Terrace View ticket holders.

If you have a couple of family members who have memberships, it's very unlikely that they'll be able to sit next to you, and possibly quite unlikely they'll be able to get into the Upper Holte - while at the same time, because of your status as a Hospitality Season ticket holder, you can't move out for a game so that all three of you can sit together in an area elsewhere in the ground - the separation of ticket type means that getting next to a specific member sounds almost impossible.

I'd guess that they'll give existing Terrace View members a first option on the remaining (single game) spots in the Terrace View and then do their best to re-seat you somewhere in the Upper Holte together?

I can't sit elsewhere for the Conference Game, I'm locked in to my ST seat. I'm going to accept it for now while complaining at them as much as I can and skip home cup games if I have to as I'm not paying separately for Terrace View. 

The fact I have a membership STILL ACTIVE and could not purchase separate tickets to the Conference Game when they went available to members has been the biggest piss take for me.

2 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Beautiful of course. 

I’m speaking of course of a time when the Holte was the most perfect terrace in the world. I’ve never actually sat at the back of the Holte. My seat was a few rows forward of the back. I’ve sat on the floor during half time but I doubt that has any relevance to what you’re asking. 

Just now, DaveAV1 said:

I’m speaking of course of a time when the Holte was the most perfect terrace in the world. I’ve never actually sat at the back of the Holte. My seat was a few rows forward of the back. I’ve sat on the floor during half time but I doubt that has any relevance to what you’re asking. 

I miss The Holte in all it’s forms. 

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

I miss The Holte in all its forms. 

Was sitting in the Trinity Road with my Dad when the fencing to divide it was ripped out of the ground to the resounding cries of “You’ll never take the Holte End.!” Of course eventually the world changed and not all for the better. But they can’t take the memories which will live rent free in our hearts forever. UTV!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hereford-Villan said:

The view is very good. The top row might be a bit far from the pitch to be ideal. I had a few games last season in rows 21-30, K2 / K3 and all were great.

I always preferred Lower Holte to upper, in the championship days I would go L5-L7, L7 near the corner flag was probably the best seat I had. Could turn up on the day and get a seat in same location basically any week, was brilliant. Then May 2019 when getting a ST i needed 2 together so went upper north, sacrificed lower holte as there were only single seats, now im on my own anyway but the upper north view has grown on me, its a great view.

Went upper holte for the play off semi final against baggies in may 2019, wasnt a huge fan (my eyesight isnt the best and i wear glasses lol) so it was a bit far for me, its a good stand and a bit rough and ready which if you are old or one of the more well-heeled clientele that frequents VP you wouldnt like people standing or people just going in any row for a big game...that game was great but was pure madness, so many people just stood in the concourses or different rows to where their seat was....the people behind me in north stand would have a fit haha

On 11/08/2023 at 14:31, The Fun Factory said:

The picture on the left is surely what it was before the work started? It always had the windows looking onto the pitch. Now you just have to pay about half a grand a season to get the same view with added leather seats and vol au vents.

The always used to bring shutters down before the game starts.   I imagine this will stay the same.  I don't think you're supposed to watch the game from inside.

On 12/08/2023 at 06:02, Hereford-Villan said:

Yes it was a bit expensive but after talking to some mates who support other clubs they thought it wasn't that bad. £87 a game for a guaranteed ticket to every game with a lounge area before during and after and some drinks thrown in. One of them said it was a bargain but he is a spurs fan. Just for reference the other two were an arsenal fan and a manc. 

You keep bad company.

• Haha 2

Question for anyone that purchased these TV tickets - have you received your ticket cards?

I’ve been on holiday for 2 weeks and was expecting to see them on my doormat when I returned today, but there is nothing! I do have 2 missed delivery cards from Royal Mail though - was it sent by Royal Mail recorded delivery by any chance? Panicking now!

Thanks!!!

45 minutes ago, GeordieVillan said:

Question for anyone that purchased these TV tickets - have you received your ticket cards?

I’ve been on holiday for 2 weeks and was expecting to see them on my doormat when I returned today, but there is nothing! I do have 2 missed delivery cards from Royal Mail though - was it sent by Royal Mail recorded delivery by any chance? Panicking now!

Thanks!!!

I'm guessing they would need to be signed for, purely cos of the value

On 16/08/2023 at 11:26, blandy said:

There's 78 Terrace view tickets on sale for the Everton game,  to people with a booking history, for £114 (£96 for U-14s).

Oh interesting. £114 a ticket. 

For that price I’ll get a couple of tickets for 3-4 matches during the season. 

Â