Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

But we've not spent the £200m that we needed to...

We need to be careful and not confuse the cost of something with its true value.

we have been canny with our purchases and hopefully still have money in the bank.

some of Villa’s best players have not been big ticket buys. McGrath, Withe, Platt & Yorke ( plenty more examples)

onwards & upwards!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Lochheads twin said:

We need to be careful and not confuse the cost of something with its true value.

we have been canny with our purchases and hopefully still have money in the bank.

some of Villa’s best players have not been big ticket buys. McGrath, Withe, Platt & Yorke ( plenty more examples)

onwards & upwards!

I believe that was the point @villa4europe was making? 😆

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ernest Nuamah is a player we should be looking at for sure IMO… Versatile and can play acruss the front 3 with room to develop and should be easily attainable. 

FC Nordsjaelland’s talent factory has delivered once again. The Danish club that brought the world Kamaldeen Sulemana (Southampton), Mohammed Kudus (Ajax) and Andreas Schjelderup (Benfica) is one of Scandinavia’s top talent producers, mainly thanks to their great connections in Africa… The 19-year-old Ghanaian is a multi-functional forward, having played on the left, right and through the middle

https://theanalyst.com/eu/2023/06/ernest-nuamah-the-danish-superligas-next-star/

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, TRO said:

£20 mill for Cameron Archer....and £40 mill for Brennan Johnson....as some have proposed.

I don't quite get those valuations.

I do think Johnson is a more well rounded player but the other argument would be that Johnson has proven himself in the Premier League whereas Archer hasn't. I think if Archer isn't going to play regularly here then I would like to see him go to a Sheff Utd/Luton type team and get 30 PL matches under his belt and then we can make a proper judgement on him.

4 minutes ago, villan95 said:

I do think Johnson is a more well rounded player but the other argument would be that Johnson has proven himself in the Premier League whereas Archer hasn't. I think if Archer isn't going to play regularly here then I would like to see him go to a Sheff Utd/Luton type team and get 30 PL matches under his belt and then we can make a proper judgement on him.

Yeah, I get that.

but Archer hasn't proved he can't score in the premier league either. Its just unfortunate, for him, we don't see our way clear of proving it one way or the other.

Edited by TRO

1 minute ago, TRO said:

Yeah, I get that.

but Archer hasn't proved he can't score in the premier league either. Its just unfortunate, for him, we don't see our way clear of proving it one way or the other.

Yeah that's how I see it too, which is why I think a sale (to a PL club) with a buy back might be best for all

• Like 1

Josip Stanisic Croatian international at Bayern is reportedly available and can play RB/LB/CB and with Pavard now reported to be staying he won’t get much of a look in this season. 

https://bulinews.com/news/18353/bayern-updates-pavard-stay-stanisic-allowed-leave-sky

With Pavard set to stay, one of his teammates could now be on the move, as the German media outlet also claim that Josip Stanisic has been told he's free to go. 

According to Sky Germany, the Croatian defender has already held talks with a number of clubs from England and Germany, with Bayer Leverkusen and Eintracht Frankfurt said to be interested.

https://fbref.com/en/players/7ed08d5c/scout/365_m1/Josip-Stanisic-Scouting-Report