Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

Just now, duke313 said:

Not sure I'd be keen on Felix now, regardless of ability, he's put himself in a very awkward position with those Barca comments.  If we did sign him, what's to stop him downing tools in a couple of years to try and force a move somewhere else.  

You could say that about many players even in our own team.  If Barca comes calling, or any elite team then our player might try to force the move. I’m not sure that is a reason.

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

It’s always used these days, in media and in general. I hear it so often..

But surely, unnecessary? 🤣

Instinctive is the right word, surely, the original! 🤣

Ah, who cares? 🤷‍♂️

Just curious.

Let me throw another one at you:

discombobulated

why? 🤣

just say "confused".....which is what I am these days.

Edited by TRO

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

You could say that about many players even in our own team.  If Barca comes calling, or any elite team then our player might try to force the move. I’m not sure that is a reason.

He seems very sullen to me Nick, when I've seen him....I am not fussed about him.

It could be just a miserable time in his footballing life, who knows, he was player of the year at Athletico a few seasons ago, so somethings gone wrong....maybe he has to work too hard for Simone....I'm just guessing.

However, if the maestro says yes.......its a yes from me.

Reckon KWP would be a good fit for us and quite cheap. Wan-Bissaka is gonna be a bit harder to get now as he played quite a bit for Man U towards the back end of last year, however I could see it happening late on in the window perhaps.

11 minutes ago, TRO said:

He seems very sullen to me Nick, when I've seen him....I am not fussed about him.

It could be just a miserable time in his footballing life, who knows, he was player of the year at Athletico a few seasons ago, so somethings gone wrong....maybe he has to work too hard for Simone....I'm just guessing.

However, if the maestro says yes.......its a yes from me.

It’s style is wrong for Simone than his work ethic.

59 minutes ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

Felix went to Atletico for 126m euros, I think if I got to that level, transferring to a club in the Conference League might be a tough pill to swallow too.

Take the Villa specs off for a second and it's a very reasonable position to take.

That level? ...is a transfer fee, He had one good season at Benfica, and Athletico gorged themselves on that.......I don't think anyone is queueing up to bail them out.

............Athletico dropped an almighty brick, and are trying to recover their money, for a player who is not doing it for them.

There is a danger, he might not be as good as some of us think he is, and blinded by the fee......He had an opportunity at Chelsea, to prove Simone wrong ( not the best move granted) bit he didn't do it, there either.

What a club pays for a player, is their/selling clubs valuation...not necessarily an endorsement of the players performances/career ( should be, but not always).......that bit has to be established at his new home.

8 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I am not sure what style in football, does not require a work ethic.

However, my stance of him is....if UE wants him I trust his view.

Edited by TRO

10 minutes ago, nick76 said:

In terms of his Output....he is less efficient than Ollie.

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

I am not sure what style in football, does not require a work ethic.

However, my stance of him is....if UE wants him I trust his view.

No I meant the issue isn’t work ethic, the issue is Felix doesn’t fit Simone’s style.

1 hour ago, viivvaa66 said:

I would love it if we signed João Felix, but financially I cannot see it happening. Just loaning him for a season would cost €25mill, and that just isn’t worth it.

He's just not that good is he. Really don't see the hype.

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, John said:

Probably best "natural goal scorers would be a topic in itself. My all time three would be Lineker, Fowler and Greaves. Currently Haaland, Kane and Salah? 

It would be great to think that Archer could score as regularly in the PL in the coming seasons, and he did in the Championship last season. He might then get into such a list in future years, that would really be something for him to aim for. For now, I think he would be my third striker for next season alongside Watkins and a new striker such as Forest's Johnson.  

I just named strikers I'd had the privilege of watching. Tony Cottee was another. 

• Like 1