Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

28 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

god I loved that goal. t'was a thing of beauty

Honestly if we had just bought Archer from Middlesborough after the season he had I would be incredibly excited. Want him to get game time and succeed nearly more that any player at the club lol

I agree.....I also think with a better standard of player, to play with, will see him develop.....sure the standard of defenders in the Prem can negate that, but I think the lad is a natural finisher.

• Like 2

Would anyone take a punt on Kamada or is it an open secret where he'll end up? Great player on a free.

Lots of players in previous years I'd have loved us to go for, Zaha springs to mind. Kent going to Turkey seemed strange too as lots of English clubs seemed to want him a couple of years back. 

9 minutes ago, TheMightyVillans said:

I wouldn't be disappointed if we don't get top 4 considering we have to learn how to manage Europe this season which will be a whole different experience.

With the quality of signings we are making and the quality of manager we have though, it is a possibility. What a time to be a fan.

Yep, and I didn’t assume you were making that sort of demand or expectation. Just a general comment/view.

It’s a big change for the club and players too, not something we have been used to for a loooooong time. There is going to be an “adaptation period”… let’s see who well we manage it …

I think the first priority objective is to ESTABLISH ourselves as a top 6, 7 even 8 club. My preference is 6 😆

But, we can and could be a lot more competitive in other competitions (maybe we can get past the flipping FA cup third round for a change!!! 🤣) and maybe even win one? 😉 

We need consistency and stability… to be a team that constantly finishes in those positions rather than having a good season then a bad season, 7th one season, then 13th etc.  

The Villa I knew and followed initially was alway that top 6 team… but we suffered from a long and major decline. Let’s get back there to start with… but Unai may have bigger intentions 🤣

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

god I loved that goal. t'was a thing of beauty

Honestly if we had just bought Archer from Middlesborough after the season he had I would be incredibly excited. Want him to get game time and succeed nearly more that any player at the club lol

Goals like that and from a kid of his age. It was like watching Andy Gray in the season he scored 30.

• Like 1

🚨💰 SITUATION OF MATEO RETEGUI

With Genoa, EVERYTHING is FIXED and all that is missing is the signature. However, the pass is NOT finalized because the striker's entourage expects Aston Villa to offer for MORE MONEY.

▶️ The player would prefer to go to the Premier League.

ℹ️ @marcosbonocore

14 minutes ago, Awol said:

Top 5 get UCL this coming season. 

I wouldn’t rule it out, 5th is attainable for Unai and if we continue to strengthen.

We also have to take into account that other teams will strengthen and not want to accept decline or mediocrity. It’s so competitive.

I just wouldn’t demand or expect it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TRO said:

I agree.....I also think with a better standard of player, to play with, will see him develop.....sure the standard of defenders in the Prem can negate that, but I think the lad is a natural finisher.

There's strikers who score good goals and there's strikers who have that instinct for 15 tap ins a season,  I'll have the latter, please. 

Lineker, Clarke and Clive Allen were the best instinctual strikers I've had the pleasure of watching. 

• Like 1

2 more players at the level of Tielemans, Diaby and Torres and we have a squad full of talent capable of really challenging the top 4.

One thing about the team last season and I'd expect this season under Emery, is we have no stand out talisman - just a well drilled team. First time in a long time since we've not had to rely on a Benteke or Grealish type star player.

Ferran Torres would be a smart pickup who can arguably plays as well up front as well as out wide.

Doku looks exciting but maybe more of a risk and Brennan Johnson may cost too much.

Just a strong RB option needed, with a backup GK least pressing but cherry on top.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Yep, and I didn’t assume you were making that sort of demand or expectation. Just a general comment/view.

It’s a big change for the club and players too, not something we have been used to for a loooooong time. There is going to be an “adaptation period”… let’s see who well we manage it …

I think the first priority objective is to ESTABLISH ourselves as a top 6, 7 even 8 club. My preference is 6 😆

But, we can and could be a lot more competitive in other competitions (maybe we can get past the flipping FA cup third round for a change!!! 🤣) and maybe even win one? 😉 

We need consistency and stability… to be a team that constantly finishes in those positions rather than having a good season then a bad season, 7th one season, then 13th etc.  

The Villa I knew and followed initially was alway that top 6 team… but we suffered from a long and major decline. Let’s get back there to start with… but Unai may have bigger intentions 🤣

sensible expectations..

but my suspicon is, we will set out to win every game and see where it takes us.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

It’s certainly an intriguing link… no idea if it’s credible or not.

I’m all for strengthening every department of our team and limit any deficiency/shortcoming. I’m quite desperate for us to address the GK situation…

Again, why restrict/limit ourselves if we have the ability to do so? Let’s get this squad at its strongest possible level going into the season…

4 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

Just screams an agent wanting better terms who has invented a larger club's interest at the last-minute

There were links with him about a week ago though so maybe not BS

Edited by nick76

1 minute ago, TRO said:

sensible expectations..

but my suspicon is, we will set out to win every game and see where it takes us.

Oh for sure, the intent is to win every game. Especially for an expert like Unai.

Not that easy though is it?

I mean, even Deano had the same attitude 😆 

But yeah, we will go all out and see where we end up. It’s going to flipping enjoyable and entertaining! 

I can’t remember being this excited and enthused going into a new season… and relaxed!

Never had so much trust and faith in a manager either…

7 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

There's strikers who score good goals and there's strikers who have that instinct for 15 tap ins a season,  I'll have the latter, please. 

Lineker, Clarke and Clive Allen were the best instinctual strikers I've had the pleasure of watching. 

Side note… why does everyone use “instinctual” nowadays rather than “instinctive”?

🤣

Edited by Jas10

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Side note… why does everyone use “instinctual” nowadays rather than “instinctive”?

🤣

maybe just personal choice.....its why folk pronounce things differently, too.

whos right and whos wrong......as long as we know what they mean.

Just now, TRO said:

maybe just personal choice.....its why folk pronounce things differently, too.

whos right and whos wrong......as long as we know what they mean.

It’s always used these days, in media and in general. I hear it so often..

But surely, unnecessary? 🤣

Instinctive is the right word, surely, the original! 🤣

Ah, who cares? 🤷‍♂️

Just curious.

Let me throw another one at you:

discombobulated

why? 🤣

8 minutes ago, nick76 said:

😂 

Come on nick, let’s get on the Felix wagon and piss everyone off 🤣

I mean, I put up with your n Dave’s Tammy business for long enough 🤣

Get the thread and the gifs going! 🤣