Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

F Newcastle. I get the reasons (mainly CL) but… let’s not undersell ourselves here…

We have one of the best managers in the league (who didn’t get a complete season, since he arrived we were the 3rd best team in the league), an exciting and ambitious project. And we’re just a class, historic and prestigious club.

We have successful, credible and wealthy owners (no dodgy shit or sportswashing).

We have a lot to “sell” to any player with some sort of intelligence…

We can’t or shouldn’t really be judged on our final league position… that’s very short sighted. The resurgence and upturn is what needs analysing…

Just imagine if Unai had arrived when that Scouse clown did instead…

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Chiesa will be a disappointment in the Prem. Mark my words. 

Yep people forget Mikel Damsgaard looked good at the Euros or world cup whatever one it was and has done zero at Brentford. I would say they both have similar stories aswell. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

Yep people forget Mikel Damsgaard looked good at the Euros or world cup whatever one it was and has done zero at Brentford. I would say they both have similar stories aswell. 

spacer.png

Chiesa is awesome!

4 minutes ago, PerryBarrPet said:

Seen this on JJ’s thread.

Could accelerate our transfer business… we need attacking reinforcements.

Disappointing news but I suppose it could have been a lot worse…

Hope he recovers fully and asap. Big season for Jacob. 

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 2

Bad news re:JJ, hopefully, we already have people signed and they will come in after their holidays, alongside Torres and his Mrs!  It's all been a bit slow but I suppose no-one has done much as yet, unless it's Chelsea selling to the arabs. 

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I don't think this is spoken about enough. People talking about right backs, support strikers, wingers etc. The most important signing for me is a competent back up keeper. We could go and spend £200m on attacking players but it will be a complete waste of time if Martinez is out for a large part of the season. Under no circumstances should Olsen feature in a competitive game for us again. 

A back up keeper is important without doubt.  But a player to come in for a potential situation where a player is injured is not as critical (imo) as players who will immediately go into the starting XI.  I get that the drop off to Bailey wouldn't be as big as the drop to Olsen - but it is highly unlikely that the GK option is in any way linked to any other possible transfer.