Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

14 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Not really seen any GK links, we really need a better back up than Olsen. Mainly because he causes so much anxiety and is poor with the ball at his feet.

Who would be realistic, suitable and accepting of a backup or 2nd choice role?

Any suggestions?

A difficult position to fill, as others have stated it has to be a keeper happy to sit on the bench that would suggest targeting an older keeper, Claudio Bravo’s had an excellent season at Betis but would he be happy trading being a clubs no.1 to come here and sit on the bench .

Just now, gwi1890 said:

No wonder they weren’t worried about FFP this was all pre planned .

It’s a joke, so much corruption. Very “convenient” isn’t it?

Yet were the ones being investigated for our link with Vitoria 🙄

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

It’s a joke, so much corruption. Very “convenient” isn’t it?

Yet were the ones being investigated for our link with Vitoria 🙄

It's standard UEFA procedure as both teams are in the same competition.  Brighton/Union Saint-Gilloise and Milan/Toulouse are also being looked at.  Nothing dodgy is going on, so nothing will happen.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

A difficult position to fill, as others have stated it has to be a keeper happy to sit on the bench that would suggest targeting an older keeper, Claudio Bravo’s had an excellent season at Betis but would he be happy trading being a clubs no.1 to come here and sit on the bench .

Yeah, it’s not simple or straightforward but there have to be decent/better options out there…

Dunno whether we go for an older, experienced guy or a younger understudy to eventually succeed Emi…

I have no idea how good Sinisalo is either but he can’t be deemed anywhere near ready if he’s being sent out on loan again.

I thinks it’s a crucial position because we can’t expect Emi to play every game and Olsen can’t be relied on, too many deficiencies as well as the negative impact he has on the team/defence. We need more reliability and assurance.

I think what makes it even more difficult is that we need a GK who is comfortable with the ball at their feet… there are suggestions that could be made but many lack that quality in particular. It’s about more than shot stopping and reflexes these days…

I wonder if Unai will bring in a backup from one of his former clubs…

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

It's standard UEFA procedure as both teams are in the same competition.  Brighton/Union Saint-Gilloise and Milan/Toulouse are also being looked at.  Nothing dodgy is going on, so nothing will happen.

Fair enough. It just seems like the “big” clubs get away with everything and the rest are more heavily scrutinised and “held back” or restricted.

The powers that be do not want the established order to be disrupted…

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Yeah, it’s not simple or straightforward but there have to be decent/better options out there…

Dunno whether we go for an older, experienced guy or a younger understudy to eventually succeed Emi…

I have no idea how good Sinisalo is either but he can’t be deemed anywhere near ready if he’s being sent out on loan again.

I thinks it’s a crucial position because we can’t expect Emi to play every game and Olsen can’t be relied on, too many deficiencies as well as the negative impact he has on the team/defence. We need more reliability and assurance.

I think what makes it even more difficult is that we need a GK who is comfortable with the ball at their feet… there are suggestions that could be made but many lack that quality in particular. It’s about more than shot stopping and reflexes these days…

David Soria could be someone we'll look at.  Unai had him at Sevilla and used him in Euro games, think he is on a free as well.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Not many options really is there. Pepe Reina unlikely,  Gerónimo Rulli is at Ajax now maybe he would be a decent option?

I'm not discrediting or substantiating the conspiracies re Chelsea and Saudi.

However, I don't think it needs to be sinister.

Chelsea spunked money on a tonne of players, and now have a load of high quality dead wood to get rid of.

The Saudi League have alot of money, and want players of a certain quality to improve their league, Chelsea have loads.

Scenes when god tells Carney " Pogba Junior " Chukwuemeka that he sees him in Riyadh.

• Like 1

A player that seems to be available for around £20m, in a position we desperately need, has scored 58 and assisted 38 in his previous four league campaigns. Has won the Euros, too. I give you Domenico Berardi. He also has the benefit of turning 29 this summer, so he’s the right age too.

There have been no links to this guy, this is merely a suggestion of who I think would be a good signing!

3 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

A player that seems to be available for around £20m, in a position we desperately need, has scored 58 and assisted 38 in his previous four league campaigns. Has won the Euros, too. I give you Domenico Berardi. He also has the benefit of turning 29 this summer, so he’s the right age too.

There have been no links to this guy, this is merely a suggestion of who I think would be a good signing!

Rather sign the crow from below

58 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Yeah I agree, it’s why I stated backup GK. Olsen just isn’t suitable and makes our defence nervous, he’s too anxious and error prone too. We need someone more reliable. 

Yep, has to be comfortable in receiving and distributing the ball.

Backup GK one of hardest signings to make. They coming in knowing they not getting much game time. Best bet usually aging GK looking for good wages

As @TRO alluded to yesterday, it's about getting the best players you can, at the best price possible, not just chucking money around carelessly.

Just seen that Newcastle are in for Sandro Tonali at 45 mill.  Mental.

They really are doing business the right way.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Yes but for a reasonable fee. 65 mill for Havertz seems weirdly over inflated unless I’m just underrating him. 

I'm not sure what's happened with him, at one point, he was rated as a generational talent.

You're right though, based on his Chelsea stint, 65 mill seems alot. However Arteta and co may feel they can bring him back to his best in their system and see it as worth it long term.