Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

I was talking about Brennan Johnson being average. 

Also, Lavia and Maddison are both very good footballers. Lavia has a huge amount of potential and Maddison would start in our bext XI. 

Strange comment. 

Latvia good potential but we have Bogarde and Iroegbunam
Right now I take Buendia over Maddison 

• Like 1

Just now, wict01 said:

Maddison wouldn't come to us anyway, he's a typical Cov rocket polisher that hates the Villa

Hmmm, not sure about that.

If we make Europe, it seems to make a lot of sense as a transfer. 

Personally, I don't actually think we'll sign anybody from the PL in the Summer as we'll do our shopping abroad but I do think Maddison is a very good player.

6 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Personally, I don't actually think we'll sign anybody from the PL in the Summer as we'll do our shopping abroad but I do think Maddison is a very good player.

Basically all but done he goes to Newcastle if they make CL.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Football italia linking us with inter right back denzel dumfries no idea how good he is

He's a good, solid, strong player who started off as a central, more defensive midfielder and has slowly moved to the right and wing back role over the last few years. A Steve Stone style player but dare I say, with a bit more quality to him. He'd suit the more defensively minded right back, who can still pass and cross well role that Unai apparently favours. Good move I'd say if we really are interested.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

He's a good, solid, strong player who started off as a central, more defensive midfielder and has slowly moved to the right and wing back role over the last few years. A Steve Stone style player but dare I say, with a bit more quality to him. He'd suit the more defensively minded right back, who can still pass and cross well role that Unai apparently favours. Good move I'd say if we really are interested.

Thanks for that sounda promising. As great as youbg has been he is what 38. Right back is a area we need to look at in the summer. Someone to compete with cash

10 hours ago, nepal_villan said:

The likes of Digne and Bailey are decent bench options. Their wages/transfer fee probably dont justify a limited role - but don't see any club willing to financially invest in them. 

I can see someone taking Bailey, Digne if 8 million a year is true.... no chance.

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Really? He's been average at best whenever I've seen him play. 

It looks like the 3 clubs to go down will be Southampton, Leicester and probably Forest. I'd take the following from them...

Lavia
Maddison
Iheanacho (as back up)
Kamaldeen Sulemana (for his potential, but only at the right price)

But that's probably about it. Not sure I'd take anyone from Everton or Leeds if they were to drop. Onana and maybe Tyler Adams?

We need to be targeting Europe now and the players we target must be exceptional.

Yes, really :D

Exactly the type of player we should be after for that wide forward role.  He's absolutely rapid and a good finisher - only 21 with bags of potential to improve.

35 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

It's common knowledge Maddison hates Villa and goes missing every season anyway

6 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Yes, really :D

Exactly the type of player we should be after for that wide forward role.  He's absolutely rapid and a good finisher - only 21 with bags of potential to improve.

Steady on. He only destroyed Real Madrid at the Bernabeu with 2 goals in 3-2 come back win couple of games ago

4 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Steady on. He only destroyed Real Madrid at the Bernabeu with 2 goals in 3-2 come back win couple of games ago

Everyone is getting confused here.  Delphinho and I are discussing Brennan Johnson :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Everyone is getting confused here.  Delphinho and I are discussing Brennan Johnson :D 

Oh right. No better than players we have on loan that are doing well in Championship so no from me

7 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Imagine a summer window of Guendouzi, Nico Williams, and Denzel Dumfries 

Could sign all 3 and wouldn't start any ahead of team that just beat Newcastle but we do need strengthening in those areas

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

Oh right. No better than players we have on loan that are doing well in Championship so no from me

Are any of them similar players?  Possibly Philogene - but Johnson is miles ahead of him in terms of development.

Just now, bobzy said:

Are any of them similar players?  Possibly Philogene - but Johnson is miles ahead of him in terms of development.

Would be totally over inflated for level of what we already have on loan so no. Are we ever going to get value out of scouts?