Moussa Dembélé

Delphinho123

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Depends what the criteria is.  Running around, mobile and pressing then Ollie wins.  Scoring, technical and football IQ plus pressing then Ings wins.  Ollie’s inability in front of goal is a massive downside.

I feel like people didn't watch Ings.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, Tomaszk said:

I feel like people didn't watch Ings.

Both the stats and people’s eyes disagree with your statement. So facts back up what people are seeing and commenting, so there is that.  The people against him aren’t backed up by facts.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Both the stats and people’s eyes disagree with your statement. So facts back up what people are seeing and commenting, so there is that.  The people against him aren’t backed up by facts.

Yep. The run, the first touch and the finish against Wolves were of a quality nobody else at the club has. He will be a big miss to any club but even more of a miss to a side with only one other eligible striker. And I'd even argue whether Watkins is actually a striker.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

He definitely looks more like an 'Emery player'.

2 minute of a YouTube video watched and my knowledge is complete. I like.

Edited by Rolta
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GlobalVillan said:

I just wish we had signed a solid replacement first. He scored goals. He scores goals everywhere he has been and he will no doubt score goals at West Ham. 

Hopefully we will strengthen in the summer and can score enough goals to finish 10th this season. Doubtful but not impossible, especially if we start to defend better.

10th?  I think that Emery has set his sights for this season higher than 10th.  The only teams within 3 results below us are Palace, Forest and arguably Leeds (depending on their game in hand).  I think we should be expecting to keep all of them behind us.  We are 4 points behind Brentford and 6 behind Fulham with 19 matches left.  I don't think it is unreasonable to think that either or both are withing our reach.  If Brighton draw or lose their game in hand they are only 5 or 6 points ahead and have just lost one of their important players - if they win it then 8 points is a big deficit.  The big unknowns are the two teams immediately above us.  You would imagine that they should hit a purple patch and drag themselves back into the European equation.  But they are both in possibly their worst run of form for several seasons and it isn't unreasonable to think that the wheels might come off big time for one or other of them.  Potter is already under some pressure and hasn't quite got things working - we don't know how long he can keep a dressing room of big names happy.  Klopp is experiencing something he's not faced for a long time and bizarrely that might make Liverpool even more at risk.  It would be almost unthinkable for Liverpool to sack Klopp - and there are pretty much 0 managers out there who are as good as him.  So the most obvious strategy available to a struggling team of sack the manager and hope to get a new manager bounce isn't really available to them.

I don't think we will finish above Liverpool or Chelsea - their squads are just too good.  But it really isn't completely out of the question.

At the start of this season I was probably one of the most pessimistic people on this forum - I thought we'd finish 11th or 12th.  But good / decent results against Southampton and Leicester and I would say that we should be hoping that 8th or 9th is possible (a stretch but possible).  On current form I think we are 6th since UE came in and that includes matches against 4 of the teams above us in the table.

21 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Nah. He was naff.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, allani said:

10th?  I think that Emery has set his sights for this season higher than 10th.  The only teams within 3 results below us are Palace, Forest and arguably Leeds (depending on their game in hand).  I think we should be expecting to keep all of them behind us.  We are 4 points behind Brentford and 6 behind Fulham with 19 matches left.  I don't think it is unreasonable to think that either or both are withing our reach.  If Brighton draw or lose their game in hand they are only 5 or 6 points ahead and have just lost one of their important players - if they win it then 8 points is a big deficit.  The big unknowns are the two teams immediately above us.  You would imagine that they should hit a purple patch and drag themselves back into the European equation.  But they are both in possibly their worst run of form for several seasons and it isn't unreasonable to think that the wheels might come off big time for one or other of them.  Potter is already under some pressure and hasn't quite got things working - we don't know how long he can keep a dressing room of big names happy.  Klopp is experiencing something he's not faced for a long time and bizarrely that might make Liverpool even more at risk.  It would be almost unthinkable for Liverpool to sack Klopp - and there are pretty much 0 managers out there who are as good as him.  So the most obvious strategy available to a struggling team of sack the manager and hope to get a new manager bounce isn't really available to them.

I don't think we will finish above Liverpool or Chelsea - their squads are just too good.  But it really isn't completely out of the question.

At the start of this season I was probably one of the most pessimistic people on this forum - I thought we'd finish 11th or 12th.  But good / decent results against Southampton and Leicester and I would say that we should be hoping that 8th or 9th is possible (a stretch but possible).  On current form I think we are 6th since UE came in and that includes matches against 4 of the teams above us in the table.

10th would be amazing. We will not be finishing above Chelsea or Liverpool. That truly is crazy talk at this stage and I would be willing to bet any amount you like on that.

Just now, GlobalVillan said:

10th would be amazing. We will not be finishing above Chelsea or Liverpool. That truly is crazy talk at this stage and I would be willing to bet any amount you like on that.

I literally said that.  "I don't think we will finish above Liverpool or Chelsea - their squads are just too good."  So I am not sure why you would think I would be willing to bet on us doing so - that would be a bit weird.  It is less unfeasible that it has been for a long, long time - especially if their poor form continues much longer.  Crowds, sponsors, owners and players will start to get restless.  But it is unlikely that they will not turn it around.  If Brighton don't win their game in hand then they are probably the most likely option if we were to challenge for 8th.

I don't think Emery will be telling the players that 10th is the target.  Which is crazy really given where we were when he took over. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, eholm said:

Absolutely.

Look, i know its a 'youtube special' but every transfer is a gamble and for what should be a moderate outlay on a 26yr old player there are way more pros than cons, imo. 

Yeh, but we've signed some players with terrible youtube clips in the past. At least he seems to have a good video to back him up! 

34 minutes ago, allani said:

I literally said that.  "I don't think we will finish above Liverpool or Chelsea - their squads are just too good."  So I am not sure why you would think I would be willing to bet on us doing so - that would be a bit weird.  It is less unfeasible that it has been for a long, long time - especially if their poor form continues much longer.  Crowds, sponsors, owners and players will start to get restless.  But it is unlikely that they will not turn it around.  If Brighton don't win their game in hand then they are probably the most likely option if we were to challenge for 8th.

I don't think Emery will be telling the players that 10th is the target.  Which is crazy really given where we were when he took over. 

You were discussing the problems at those clubs in the context of a discussion about where we would finish. That's why I suggested their problems, in this case,.won't affect is as we won't be finishing above either. They will sort themselves out.

l agree Emery be telling the players to finish 10th. He will likely be focusing on each game at a time and won't be telling his players that any position is "the target".

It makes no difference what we as fans think in reality, unless people start getting on their backs for not overperforming.

If everything goes well until the end of the season and with a bit of luck, we could get 10th or at am absolutely push, 9th. But I think 10th is where we will finish.

If we replace Ings properly that is.

Edited by GlobalVillan

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Yeh, but we've signed some players with terrible youtube clips in the past. At least he seems to have a good video to back him up! 

Too true, mate!! Small steps.....😁

Scores with both feet and his head. Looks to have a turn of pace as well, we need a striker and hes Emery's choice. Would have preferred to have brought him before we let Ings go , his price may now suddenly be inflated but it ain't my money.

Maybe it's not true, but a little google about Man U's previous and very recent interest suggested that he had rejected Lyon's offer for a new contract, which may also explain a little why he hasn't been playing quite as much.

• Like 2

Â