Formula One - 2023

BOF

With McLaren good in Austria, Silverstone and now Hungary I think it's pretty certain they're definitely back near the top. Hit the jackpot with that upgrade. Disappointed the AM has fallen off though, would've been nice if they kept that early season momentum going.

Should be a decent race tomorrow. Even when Max goes ahead, the battle between Lewis and the McLarens will be fun. Hopefully a Piastri podium to make up for Silverstone. 

1 hour ago, mykeyb said:

Interesting format for qualifying. Will be an interesting first 5 laps tomorrow 

Is it, or is it just a gimmick to try to engineer some entertainment and competition?

Piastri with a clever dart inside Hamilton whilst he was trying to fight Norris. Kid definitely has talent 

• Like 1

Alpine have gone from battering McLaren to watching them fight Red Bull and Mercedes whilst they're double DNFIng. Brutal

20 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Harsh on Piastri there, should be looking to reverse that later on really.

Think they knew Lando had more speed than Piastri. Lando has pulled away easily since that stop

Great drives from Norris and Russell. 

F1 has got some thinking to do next year or in the coming years. I’ve been watching F1 for 20 years and this is easily bottom 3 seasons of the lot, quite possibly the worst.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Great drives from Norris and Russell. 

F1 has got some thinking to do next year or in the coming years. I’ve been watching F1 for 20 years and this is easily bottom 3 seasons of the lot, quite possibly the worst.

But its been boring for most of the last decade bar the odd season. With all the money in the sport they should be able to come up with a way to make it competitive and or more exciting. 

Edited by villa89

5 minutes ago, villa89 said:

But its been boring for most of the last decade bar the odd season. With all the money in the sport they should be able to come up with a way to make it competitive and or more exciting. 

I understand where you are coming from but if you’ve mostly found the last decade boring then maybe it’s not the sport for you. 

It’s never truly been the same since refueling was taken away imo. 

Take Max away and the season has been good. Aston Martin, Ferrari, Mercedes and now McLaren all jumping around for podium positions, the field is closer than its ever been probably. 

I don't get what there is to change and if you're an F1 fan you'd know this is just how the sport is. Red Bull will dominate until 2026 when the regs change again.