World Cup: Matches

Genie

I was listening to the latter stages of the Belgium game on the radio, it sounds like Lukaku missed absolute sitters.

To have played for the teams he has, and made the money he has he is the luckiest player in the world.

19 hours ago, TomC said:

In a month's time, Cash has had to mark Ronaldo and Messi and now will have to mark Mbappé. Good practice for him.

Marking someone like Zaha is a lot harder work than Ronaldo these days.

31 minutes ago, Genie said:

I was listening to the latter stages of the Belgium game on the radio, it sounds like Lukaku missed absolute sitters.

To have played for the teams he has, and made the money he has he is the luckiest player in the world.

How?  Look at his goal scoring record.  He shouldnt have even been there, he wasnt even fit. 

1 minute ago, Django_Zooms said:

Why oh why do Germany manage it every time? If Spain had held on to beat them or Costa Rica draw with them or Japan beat Spain, they would be gone. Yet, like The Terminator, they cannot be destroyed, even when all odds are against them.

They finished last in their group in 2018.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Genie said:

Well, look at the footage instead. The chances were far from clear-cut and the big man is far from match fit. And his talent has merited all of his success and money.

2 minutes ago, Django_Zooms said:

Why oh why do Germany manage it every time? If Spain had held on to beat them or Costa Rica draw with them or Japan beat Spain, they would be gone. Yet, like The Terminator, they cannot be destroyed, even when all odds are against them.

And they’ll beat Morocco handy too. If Germany find themselves in a WC QF, would you back against them. 

5 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

And they’ll beat Morocco handy too. If Germany find themselves in a WC QF, would you back against them. 

In no way, but please don't pair Ron Saunders' classic quote with the Teutonic robots.

Edited by Django_Zooms
Apostrophe

2 minutes ago, Django_Zooms said:

In no way, but please don't pair Ron Saunders' classic quote with the Teutonic robots.

It didn’t even enter my head. The quote is used the world over - lots in American sports. More in reference that Germany and knockout World Cup football go well together.