Unai Emery

PeterSw

9 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Just watching the sky sports news interview with him. Legend. He speaks about Konsa and how he believes in him more than Konsa believes in himself ! And how he can be better going forward. 

Do you have a link to the full interview? Can only find snippets of it

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 13/01/2024 at 16:00, sheepyvillian said:

When one of the reporters asked Unai if he expects Everton to defend deep, his response had me laughing out loud. It was something like, "we are anylising them, watching movies." I'm trying to think of a movie that resembles Everton's playing style. 

The Room

• Like 1

On 13/01/2024 at 15:00, sheepyvillian said:

When one of the reporters asked Unai if he expects Everton to defend deep, his response had me laughing out loud. It was something like, "we are anylising them, watching movies." I'm trying to think of a movie that resembles Everton's playing style. 

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

The Room

Saw (all of them)

• Haha 1

I think - in a way - we're ahead of schedule for Unai's plans.

The signing of Pau, Diaby, and Tielemans really pointed to a team that could punish you in transition or if they tried to press us. A team to really compete against the upper end of the league who would try to press us.

The problem is that we've become so good at it that now teams don't engage us and play in a mid-low block. It's almost weird, the respect that clubs like Sheffield, Boro, and even Everton are giving us now. They are treating us like a top club and Unai has got a new puzzle to figure out and not necessarily the right pieces to do so this year.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Am I the only one worried about Unai’s eye? 😆 He’s had the problem for a while now… hopefully cleared up by now.

I've had my fair share of eye problems and it can persist for a while - especially if he's constantly working and not resting.

I'm sure being glued in front of the monitor reviewing Everton's last 30 matches isn't good for the eye either.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, DJBOB said:

I've had my fair share of eye problems and it can persist for a while - especially if he's constantly working and not resting.

I'm sure being glued in front of the monitor reviewing Everton's last 30 matches isn't good for the eye either.

Sorry to hear that mate…

I’m sure he’s getting his rest in and not pushing himself too much, he’s so experienced and knowledgable, I’m sure he’s got that covered…

I’m not sure what the issue is. It’s his upper eyelid… and now his lip too, some sort of skin condition? 

I’m sure we all want our Unai in tip top health! 😄

Can’t help being concerned… he’s such a good guy!

4 hours ago, Deano & Dalian's Umbrella said:

It was his lower lip today that looked like it had been punched.

Yeah… is it some form of eczema or dermatitis perhaps? Or an allergic reaction…

I’m sure no one’s laid a hand on him and he gets the respect he deserves from everyone… if anyone has, I will have to hunt them down!!! 😡😂

Nowhere near being in a rot but 1 win in the last 4 league games got to be the first time we've been is a so called bad run under Emery.

1 hour ago, Pinebro said:

Nowhere near being in a rot but 1 win in the last 4 league games got to be the first time we've been is a so called bad run under Emery.

We lost 3 on the bounce last season (Leicester, Arsenal and Man City). 

It's really only Barcelona if they come knocking for Emery that I would be worried, one of the biggest clubs on the planet & from that region I believe. 

Â