Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

5 minutes ago, calcifer said:

Hoping the new guy comes in and drops Mcginn! He is part of the problem in Midfield. 

Not addressing the midfield conundrum has cost Smith and Gerrard their jobs.  I really hope that our next manager comes in and makes it clear to the Board that unless we sign another quality CM we will struggle.  Get control of midfield and I think some of the other players who have not performed to date will have a better opportunity to show why we signed them.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ozvillafan said:

He's not Mr Only_managed_1_club_for_2.5_years

Been a manager for decades. Success has followed him everywhere, including international level.

We cant afford another risk.  This is a absolutely massive gamble. One im not willing to take.

If this goes wrong its relegation as simple as that.

Just now, Demitri_C said:

We cant afford another risk.  This is a absolutely massive gamble. One im not willing to take.

If this goes wrong its relegation as simple as that.

No fear - he won't come.

He's not finished in his Celtic project yet.

• Thanks 1

The next manager will be the most important appointment for the Villa for a very long time.

Get it wrong we go down and that could be the start of a downward spiral, like Sunderland, Sheffield Wednesday and others and it could be a long long time before we get back.

Huge decision now that will define the future direction for our magnificent, famous football club that deserves better than what we have witnessed over the last 12 months.

VTID......whatever happens

13 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Poch 《 tuchel 《 emery in that order

Mancini is another i like

No more **** gambles. No more bloody managers from scotland either. If they even contemplate looking at celtic manager im gonna lose my shit

6xq3ph.jpg

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

This is mental.

Firstly  Frank is 49, Dyche is 51 and Rodgers 49. If those ages are young to you I'm delighted to be a mere child at 39.

Secondly, how can you be so sure they'd fail? You're talking like it's a literal guarantee it wouldn't work. There is a risk with all appointments, Pochettino, Tuchel and Emery are all risks too. Perhaps even more so than a reliable, but less glamorous Sean Dyche.

The ego bit is nonsense. Rodgers dealt with much bigger egos at Liverpool than he would at Villa. The Danish connection bit is nonsense. Do you really believe NSWE would allow Johan Lange to appoint a manager based on the shared cultural values of Denmark?

As for repeats of Sherwood, I'm out. Someone else can take the mantle of responding to that lunacy.

I'm not even going to give this rose tinted drivel a response other than:

Make the same mistakes, expect the same results.

2 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

I'm not even going to give this rose tinted drivel a response other than:

Make the same mistakes, expect the same results.

Rose tinted? What was rose tinted? Me being young at 39?

How can appointing a completely different person, an entirely different human being be making the same mistake? 

Insania.

6 minutes ago, Farlz said:

I think Poch and Tuchel are just way out of reach so I’m not even going to begin thinking we can bring one of them in. 

both would depend on how patient they are with their unemployment and if they think a post-world cup merry go round could happen

For me. They don't have to be a massive name. Look at Marsch, Poch at Southampton, Wenger at Arsenal. Due diligence is required, but not every quality coach has a profile that means we've all heard of them

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Don_Simon said:

How can appointing a completely different person, an entirely different human being be making the same mistake? 

Insania.

none of those 3 would excite our miserable negative fan base and would be on a hiding to nothing 

As some have said, this appointment needs to be right! I dont trust Purslow to pick the right manager. Can see us ending up with a right jobber like Dyche, playing awful football with a team of cloggers (Mee would be his 1st transfer! That bloke would as welcome as a fart in a lift) 

There are some high caliber managers out there, but will they really come to us. Some are holding out for the expected merry go round after the world cup, Southgate will probably be available after England fail to get out of the group.....  

1 minute ago, calcifer said:

There are some high caliber managers out there, but will they really come to us

High caliber is not the same as high profile. We could have plenty of the former and few of the latter. 

7 minutes ago, Dale said:

For me. They don't have to be a massive name. Look at Marsch, Poch at Southampton, Wenger at Arsenal. Due diligence is required, but not every quality coach has a profile that means we've all heard of them

This I can get behind 100%. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

none of those 3 would excite our miserable negative fan base and would be on a hiding to nothing 

Completely agree. But I want NSWE to appoint the right person, not one with the remit of exciting the fans. 

12 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Insania.

I'm the same age as you.

1 minute ago, Don_Simon said:

Completely agree. But I want NSWE to appoint the right person, not one with the remit of exciting the fans. 

i think the 2 go hand in hand, we need the initial lift of the buzz and feel-good returning followed by the new guy actually backing that buzz up

shaking the apathy (again) should be task number 1

9 hours ago, M_Afro said:

Whoever our new manager is, he will be stuck with the most over rated and over paid squad in thePL. There can be no quick fix. Gerrard has been rubbish but the players have not been much better. Anybody who gets this lot to 40 points is a miracle worker.

7 of the current regulars started in the 7-2 win against Liverpool not too long ago. The others were Targett, Trez and Barkley - all deemed not good enough.