Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

Problem is we keep going for these young and upcoming managers in the hope they can turn out to be special. 

Can't we at least try and get an experienced manager who has been at a big club and can deal with the pressure from the get go. 

Poch would be my ideal choice. would anyone object to Morinho ? 

• Thanks 1

Potter will be the next top 4 (Chelsea)  or England manager.  No chance he leaves Brighton for us. 
Chelsea aside what are Pochettino’s other options ? He’s not getting the Spurs, Arsenal, City, UTD or Liverpool job anytime soon. Leicester if Rodger’s is sacked or walks… Replace fat Frank or Lage ? Back to Southampton?

If he wants to come back to the Prem then all C&B goggles aside we are his best option and fit IMO, especially with the backing  of NSWE … 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Potter will be the next top 4 (Chelsea)  or England manager.  No chance he leaves Brighton for us. 
Chelsea aside what are Pochettino’s other options ? He’s not getting the Spurs, Arsenal, City, UTD or Liverpool job anytime soon. Leicester if Rodger’s is sacked or walks… Replace fat Frank or Lage ? Back to Southampton?

If he wants to come back to the Prem then all C&B goggles aside we are his best option and fit IMO, especially with the backing  of NSWE … 

When you lay everything else out like this - I agree. 

I'd assume someone else bigger in another league would hire him actually. But if he really only wants to come back to England - we really are a good fit for him. A better fit actually then his time at Spurs. I think our owners would give him no quarrel like Levy at Spurs probably did. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Even in Europe not many great options for him. Real Madrid next year as Ancelotti might retire thats it

If he is that patient I think Klopp and/or Pep will leave at end of the season for a sabbatical

18 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Is he not one of us? 

32 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

Problem is we keep going for these young and upcoming managers in the hope they can turn out to be special. 

Can't we at least try and get an experienced manager who has been at a big club and can deal with the pressure from the get go. 

Poch would be my ideal choice. would anyone object to Morinho ? 

Not me. Still one of the top 5-10 managers in the world imo. Tactical genius, great coach, I'd love him but no way is he leaving Roma to come to us. 

56 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Smith laid the groundwork for him. 

If the argument is disqualified for SG / Rangers / GVB - why is it not for Deano / Brentford / Frank?

* FYI I agree... but that was sort of a trap. Lol

There's a valid argument for both.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

10 hours ago, The Inspiration said:

If potter bides his time and continues to do well he could probably get the England job when that Concorde nosed freak leaves the job. 
We are an attractive proposition in terms of perceived finances and club stature etc but the risk reward might not be there for potter right now.

The England job is a step down from a PL manager, why would he want that? Good managers try international football following a long successful job in club management. Some lucky managers get the mighty Boro relegated and go on to manager England. 

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If the argument is disqualified for SG / Rangers / GVB - why is it not for Deano?

* FYI I agree... but that was sort of a trap. Lol

I don't discredit that Gerrard's legacy has helped GVB but if I'm not mistaken he plays a different system than Gerrard, and had no knowledge of the previous regime. He just came in and got the team playing better so he deserves a lot of credit for that.

Whereas Frank was literally Smith's assistant. Plays the same system. Coaching the same players. There's continuity there to where you can say that Smith actually passed him the torch of a club that was steadily rising for a while. It's hard to say that Smith was better or worse than Warburton for example. I'd class him as better, but Warburton got them to the playoffs where Smith didn't. It's a unique club (that I thought we were emulating, but clearly not anymore).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I don't discredit that Gerrard's legacy has helped GVB but if I'm not mistaken he plays a different system than Gerrard, and had no knowledge of the previous regime. He just came in and got the team playing better so he deserves a lot of credit for that.

Whereas Frank was literally Smith's assistant. Plays the same system. Coaching the same players. There's continuity there to where you can say that Smith actually passed him the torch of a club that was steadily rising for a while. It's hard to say that Smith was better or worse than Warburton for example. I'd class him as better, but Warburton got them to the playoffs where Smith didn't. It's a unique club (that I thought we were emulating, but clearly not anymore).

I think Frank has took things from Smith and evolved them in fairness. Burnley are a lot more direct now and have a lot taller physical players