Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

3 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

People are dreaming if they think Poch would take over in our current structure.

He'd get more funds than he did at Spurs. This could be just the sort of rebound for his career he needs. Whether we're willing to pony up the wages for him is a different story.

• Like 3

Just now, Keyblade said:

He'd get more funds than he did at Spurs. This could be just the sort of rebound for his career he needs. Whether we're willing to pony up the wages for him is a different story.

Maybe Purslow pulled out of the 25m+ Sarr deal to allocate to Poch's wages 😊

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Our current position is excellent for a new manager or Poch to take over. Loads of quality players, youth coming through, very supportive owners and a playing squad that just about everyone agrees is under performing. Poch or any manager is not going to get a job at a team where the players are not underperforming.

Those are valid and fair points - I think the risk/reward ratio tilt towards him picking a safer European club. Happy to eat my hat on this one if it happened.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Why? I really don't understand why people think this

Its rare a PL manager leaves his job for another PL job during the season*? 
Wasn't the last manager to do that Pardew? 
There no chance Potter leaves Brighton for Villa now, Never mind when Gerrard eventually gets the sack

Edited by Lupinthe5th
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lupinthe5th said:

Its rare a PL manager leaves his job for another PL job during the season*? 
Wasn't the last manager to do that Pardew? 
There no chance Potter leaves Brighton for Villa now, Never mind when Gerrard eventually gets the sack

I agree with that. My comment is really on the club's ability to do something as opposed to whether the manager would come to us or not

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IrishVilla10 said:

If potter progresses again this reason with Brighton and say we’re fighting relegation with Gerrard, which is what I think will happen. why wound he take over us next season? 

spacer.png

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

4 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

9D4C0CC3-401A-4498-9E3C-AF1FA6D3A9DB.jpeg

I was just about to say, not sure why, but I can't see Potter leaving something he spent so long building unless it's for a proper convincing " project ".

Just doesn't seem the mercenary type at all, unfortunately in this case.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

13 hours ago, Peter Griffin said:

Our current position is excellent for a new manager or Poch to take over. Loads of quality players, youth coming through, very supportive owners and a playing squad that just about everyone agrees is under performing. Poch or any manager is not going to get a job at a team where the players are not underperforming.

There is a difference in underperforming in a midtable team, and underperforming in a CL team.

10 hours ago, Stoobs said:

Van Bronckhurst making SG’s achievements in Europe small fry. 

We need to get him in here, if he can get Gerrard's Rangers team to the EL final and into the CL, think what he could do with Gerrard's Villa team.

11 hours ago, Stoobs said:

Van Bronckhurst making SG’s achievements in Europe small fry. 

In Scotland Gerrard had a superior team compared to the opponent in the Scottish league, that meant that his tactical limitation didn’t matter that much. In Europe he struggled because he no longer had the squad superiority, and his bad tactics were exposed. Those were the warning signs that was there from the start, and now we pay the price for hiring somebody not good enough.

Giving Gerrard more time would only mean we would fall further, making it harder to get back to where we where when Gerrard started. He didn’t learn anything from his tactical blunders in Europe when at Rangers, and he haven’t shown any improvement here either after 9 months. There is nothing that suggest we can turn this around without changing manager.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I was just about to say, not sure why, but I can't see Potter leaving something he spent so long building unless it's for a proper convincing " project ".

Just doesn't seem the mercenary type at all, unfortunately in this case.

The project would be getting a team like Villa into the champions league, no?

we’re super down on ourselves right now, but it seems like exactly the kind of project a confident manager would go for

22 minutes ago, a m ole said:

The project would be getting a team like Villa into the champions league, no?

we’re super down on ourselves right now, but it seems like exactly the kind of project a confident manager would go for

And yet we ended up with the manager of Rangers. 

I think that's mainly due to Purslow loving the guy. But if we were attractive to a Potter or Poch would we not have got that standard of manager when Dean left?

Just now, DCJonah said:

I think that's mainly due to Purslow loving the guy. But if we were attractive to a Potter or Poch would we not have got that standard of manager when Dean left?

Potter I think so, I just don’t think we wanted him then.

17 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I think it was a one horse race after Smith was sacked. Wouldn't think any of those managers were approached.

16 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Would he though? I do wonder how much FFP is hampering the club. Wage bill increasing at a much faster pace than revenue.