Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

12 minutes ago, bose said:

Fun watching Newcastle destroy Man City. We had new managers at the same time but very contrasting trajectories. 

It's only half time. We were 2 up against them not long ago.

Just now, duke313 said:

It’s actually depressed me more than the actual Palace result, seeing how well teams around us are playing.

Exactly the same. Yesterday pissed me off but its so annoying seeing how these teams have done it with a good managerial appointment. They've not spent stupid money. It's not like they've blown us out the water with their spending. 

We've just **** it up. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Exactly the same. Yesterday pissed me off but its so annoying seeing how these teams have done it with a good managerial appointment. They've not spent stupid money. It's not like they've blown us out the water with their spending. 

We've just **** it up. 

Big time.

• Like 1

Teams with good coaches and good coaching play better than the sum of their parts. Newcastle, Brighton and Palace have equal or worse squads than us but frequently look better on the pitch. I am struggling to remember many or any matches when we have looked like this, barring the odd 45 minutes here and there. 

There's a big split coming.

Top 6 are already protected.

Clubs that operate with intelligence and make decisions based on evidence will succeed. Brighton, Brentford won't be yo-yoing any time soon. Combine it with the financial power of Newcastle and they will be title challengers before too long.

Clubs that are stupid like Everton will be left behind. We've acted like Everton for the last year and a bit. Ings, Gerrard for Smith, Coutinho, Digne.

Purslow out. Gerrard out. Lange, the owners need to decide if he's responsible for the silly decisions we've made. I know he wasn't recommending Gerrard, Coutinho and Digne.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

Purslow out. Gerrard out. Lange, the owners need to decide if he's responsible for the silly decisions we've made. I know he wasn't recommending Gerrard, Coutinho and Digne.

The owners wanted Henry. the owners wanted Terry. I have little doubt the owners wanted Gerrard. They've been generous with their money, but I don't think they know a **** thing about football.

• Like 1

This appointment has to be the most pathetic bit of business ever.

Why on earth would you break the bank appointing Gerrard when there were plenty of people available with good track records in the premier league.

First trying his best to get Henry, and then busting the bank for Gerrard.  Clearly has no idea about how to appoint a manager.  

FFS we don’t need expensive experiments.  We need a manager with a proven track record.

Purslow has a lot to answer for.

26 minutes ago, Condimentalist said:

Why? He may not but it's hardly ludicrous. Significantly less so than, say, Ancelotti going to Everton, or Bielsa going to Leeds in the Championship. 

I think he could be persuaded, it's a very attractive job in terms of the potential of the club and the backing of the board. 

Let's be honest, the board wanted Henry at one point, I think big names are off the table. It's probably going to be another 'up and coming manager' 

Poch will be waiting for a bigger job! We ain't as big as we once was! 

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

The owners wanted Henry. the owners wanted Terry. I have little doubt the owners wanted Gerrard. They've been generous with their money, but I don't think they know a **** thing about football.

That's why they appointed Purslow and left him to it.

Someone they thought had a brain.

Maybe they wanted him because they'd heard of him yes, they wouldn't have appointed him if their CEO or director of football said no, this is stupid, he's an amateur. As they should have.

3 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

There's a big split coming.

Top 6 are already protected.

Clubs that operate with intelligence and make decisions based on evidence will succeed. Brighton, Brentford won't be yo-yoing any time soon. Combine it with the financial power of Newcastle and they will be title challengers before too long.

Clubs that are stupid like Everton will be left behind. We've acted like Everton for the last year and a bit. Ings, Gerrard for Smith, Coutinho, Digne.

We are not in Everton’s situation yet but we are well on our way. The appointment after Gerrard is absolutely vital to our future success. If we get to a situation where we are tied by FFP after too many crap signings and managerial sackings all hope of breaking the top 8 dies.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mikeyjavfc said:

We are not in Everton’s situation yet but we are well on our way. The appointment after Gerrard is absolutely vital to our future success. If we get to a situation where we are tied by FFP after too many crap signings and managerial sackings all hope of breaking the top 8 dies.

I agree.

It's astonishing Gerrard could do this badly.

We were an incredibly stable club with fixtures in many key positions.

Top training ground, the best backing outside the top 6 in richest league in the world.

This could already be the end of his career. How can anyone see what he's done here and think yep, he can build on that here.

• Like 2