AVFC Vs BCFC Stadium Tour. Who's is better?

MaVilla

On 23/09/2022 at 15:44, It's Your Round said:

Interesting to watch, I did the VP tour back in 2020 and it took a different route to the one shown here. Mine had Shaun Teale come round on the tour and ended in one of the corner bar/restaurants with Brian Little and Tony Daly doing a Q&A. It was excellent to be fair and always recommend it. 

It would be funny to do the blouse tour just to ask daft questions like “When will the leaky roof get fixed? Why is the stadium falling down? And am I allowed to piss on Craig Gardner’s desk?”

You can try to piss in all four corner to break the curse

I did the Villa Park tour when I was over in 2015. I thought it was sensational and really enjoyed it as a fan. I've done the Allianz and the Camp Nou and whilst they have a bigger spectacle I felt the Villa Park one was more fan friendly. I was by myself and the tour guide was offering to take photos in the locker room, media centre, in the dugout and in front of the Holte so the customer service was really great. They also gave out a whole host of old programs at the end for an nerdy, international like me was great.

It did feel odd being in the Players Bar/post game area with Sky Sports on as Sherwood had been sacked that day so it was the main story. The tour guide said when DOL got the boot he pissed off and left his car in the Villa Park carpark. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Hornso said:

I did the Villa Park tour when I was over in 2015. I thought it was sensational and really enjoyed it as a fan. I've done the Allianz and the Camp Nou and whilst they have a bigger spectacle I felt the Villa Park one was more fan friendly. I was by myself and the tour guide was offering to take photos in the locker room, media centre, in the dugout and in front of the Holte so the customer service was really great. They also gave out a whole host of old programs at the end for an nerdy, international like me was great.

It did feel odd being in the Players Bar/post game area with Sky Sports on as Sherwood had been sacked that day so it was the main story. The tour guide said when DOL got the boot he pissed off and left his car in the Villa Park carpark. 

Did he sheepishly have to come back and get it? Or was it a company car

1 minute ago, daft said:

Sweden. Followed Villa from afar for decades, but never been to Villa Park. A bit embarrassing for sure, but it will happen sometime. 

No, man, I've been to Sweden. Awesome place to live. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, daft said:

Well, it has it's downsides as well, but it's the only place I've tried so can't really complain. 😅

I'm sure, but I worked briefly as a contractor for Volvo  in Olofstom, and the lakes around there in summer were just spectacular. 

I did struggle when trying to buy milk for my breakfast though. Tried three times. Why are milk, yoghurt and sour cream all called Mjölk? Ever tried sour cream on cornflakes? Not good. 

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, HKP90 said:

I'm sure, but I worked briefly as a contractor for Volvo  in Olofstom, and the lakes around there in summer were just spectacular. 

I did struggle when trying to buy milk for my breakfast though. Tried three times. Why are milk, yoghurt and sour cream all called Mjölk? Ever tried sour cream on cornflakes? Not good. 

Hahaha, it's all derivatives of the same base produce, so I assume that is the reason. 😄 From what I understand, Swedish isn't very easy to learn. Neither is Finnish. God knows I tried. 

The company I work for had a lot of consultants at Volvo before the pandemic (IT sector). Not sure now to be honest.

Edited by daft
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, daft said:

Hahaha, it's all derivatives of the same base produce, so I assume that is the reason. 😄 From what I understand, Swedish isn't very easy to learn. Neither is Finnish. God knows I tried. 

Temporarily taking this thread further ot, I did take away from Sweden a liking for food I'd never otherwise try. Raw herring with mustard is improbably delicious. 

Anyway I did the VP tour a while ago and it was excellent.

• Like 1

On 27/09/2022 at 02:43, VillaJ100 said:

Did he sheepishly have to come back and get it? Or was it a company car

I'd have thought a manager would get a company car, the guide didn't leave that impression though...and he just left it there haha.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, DJ_Villain said:

Just did the stadium tour today with my dad for his 70th birthday present.

It was fantastic.

Keith, Arthur, Steve and the other staff were all super helpful with my old man and really helped us with his wheelchair access needs.

Would recommend to anyone!

Thats great to hear gonna be doing this in December for bday at last

Â