AVFC Vs BCFC Stadium Tour. Who's is better?

MaVilla

2 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Not sure where to put this, but i thought it interesting, especially the exercise bike in the toilets as the Sty lol.

Hilarious differences and that didn’t really tell the full story of the farce that is BCFC’s so called stadium. The bloke who did the video confirmed every we need to know about the typical Man U fan. Thanks for posting this though. 

Not sure if this has been posted but I watched this YouTube video this afternoon comparing stadium tours and found it very informative and entertaining, but can you guess who's tour came out on top?

Watch and learn........

• Like 1

I watched this earlier, and, to be fair to them, the blues started out better than I thought they would, then it just all went a bit weird with the microwave in the doping room, doors randomly been removed and screws lying around, and hotplates just dropped in haphazardly...then we get to the poo bike, what the **** 😂

• Haha 2

Really interesting video, thanks. And well done Diane! What a review lol. 

One thing he didn't mention is that there are 2 VP tours a day on a weekday, and that the last one is at 1 PM. This was a source of frustration for me when I was arranging social trips for a language school in the city; lots of students would have been interested in doing this but their classes didn't finish until 12:30 so it wasn't possible to go. I realise this was very My Problem and I'm not suggesting doing later tours all the time, but if they could throw in a mid-afternoon or evening tour every now and then it would be great. 

Edited by HanoiVillan

I thought half of Small Heath's ground was falling apart so they really do a proper stadium tour? (as opposed to just breaking into the stadium and peeing in the four corners Barry Fry style!)

I remember first time I went on one at VP was late 90s with the old Trinity still up and legendary Jack Watts was the guide. Last did one in about 2004 just to see what the inside bits of the new Trinity were like so will probably wait until the North stand is rebuilt and up and running.

Used to be 15 quid in those days so was really good value.

Edited by VillaChris

11 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Really interesting video, thanks. And well done Diane! What a review lol. 

One thing he didn't mention is that there are 2 VP tours a day on a weekday, and that the last one is at 1 PM. This was a source of frustration for me when I was arranging social trips for a language school in the city; lots of students would have been interested in doing this but their classes didn't finish until 12:30 so it wasn't possible to go. I realise this was very My Problem and I'm not suggesting doing later tours all the time, but if they could throw in a mid-afternoon or evening tour every now and then it would be great. 

That's changed as I remember when I last went going during an October half term was coming out of the Trinity entrance and it was starting to get dark so would've been past 4pm.

Also took great pride in pointing out on the international board of players that it was spelt "Columbia" next to Angel's name and the guide spent a minute arguing it was the correct spelling of that country. 🤣

They used to do one on the morning of a weekend matchday aswell although guess that changed down the years.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Haha 1

It would be interesting if they could arrange a joint ticket for a villa park and aston hall tour. The reason why villa park is in that location is due to aston hall over the road. It's a shame that the  hall is not open on match days, not even the cafe in the stables which they refurbished a while back. Certainly for the cafe I have no idea why they don't open it,  they would make a fair amount of money. Do they think we are all a unwashed bunch of heathens that will ransack a historic house? Fulham Palace was open the last time I went to Fulham- or is that ok because that is in posh west london?

• Like 2

I've done the Villa tour and it's good, but it's not great. Having done tours at old trafford, Bernabeau, Camp Nou etc it makes us look quite small time.

Now, I get it, they're much bigger clubs with more money to put into these things so I'm never expecting ours to be as good as that. But just saying that it's a totally different ballpark.

With the new stadium developments making it easier to spend a few hours at VP with things to do, I hope they look at improving the tour as well

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I've done the Villa tour and it's good, but it's not great. Having done tours at old trafford, Bernabeau, Camp Nou etc it makes us look quite small time.

Now, I get it, they're much bigger clubs with more money to put into these things so I'm never expecting ours to be as good as that. But just saying that it's a totally different ballpark.

With the new stadium developments making it easier to spend a few hours at VP with things to do, I hope they look at improving the tour as well

Funny that cos the guy on this vid even being a utd fan said their tour was shit

1 minute ago, VillaJ100 said:

Funny that cos the guy on this vid even being a utd fan said their tour was shit

To be fair I hadn't watched the video when I posted that. Now that I have I can say it looks like they've improved the tour a LOT, which is great to see

4 hours ago, VillaChris said:

That's changed as I remember when I last went going during an October half term was coming out of the Trinity entrance and it was starting to get dark so would've been past 4pm.

Also took great pride in pointing out on the international board of players that it was spelt "Columbia" next to Angel's name and the guide spent a minute arguing it was the correct spelling of that country. 🤣

They used to do one on the morning of a weekend matchday aswell although guess that changed down the years.

I don't think it's changed, I checked on the official site yesterday. Presumably the one you went on was the 1 o'clock, maybe starting a bit late?

Â