AVFC Vs BCFC Stadium Tour. Who's is better?

MaVilla

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I've done the Villa tour and it's good, but it's not great. Having done tours at old trafford, Bernabeau, Camp Nou etc it makes us look quite small time.

Now, I get it, they're much bigger clubs with more money to put into these things so I'm never expecting ours to be as good as that. But just saying that it's a totally different ballpark.

With the new stadium developments making it easier to spend a few hours at VP with things to do, I hope they look at improving the tour as well

The old trafford tour is shit.

Did bernabeau and nou camp both obviously better but its like comparing a villa park tour to a tour at oakwell

I did a tour back in the winter of 86/87. So, it's a bit out of date and memory is playing tricks.

My recollection is it was all a bit dark, most of my memory of the tour has been wiped. I seem to recall it was on a Saturday, could not get a matchday tour. I remember thinking it was a bit expensive, but a luncheon was provided. 

Could all be a false memory.

Thought it was a good video, fairly engaging presenter. 

The tour at VP looks good, may do it one day. 

The only stadium tour I’ve done is the Allianz years ago. I remember it being good, but it was during a particularly snowy February which made the walk between the station and the stadium hard work. Ended up buying a Bayern Munich ushanka hat from the club shop just to stave off the cold.

4 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I don't think it's changed, I checked on the official site yesterday. Presumably the one you went on was the 1 o'clock, maybe starting a bit late?

Genuinely can't remember, it was when Angel was playing and still good so perhaps 2004? Half 1 rings a bell as we were waiting for a group to finish lunch at the corner flag restuarant which was part of the package in those days.

8 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I've done the Villa tour and it's good, but it's not great. Having done tours at old trafford, Bernabeau, Camp Nou etc it makes us look quite small time.

Now, I get it, they're much bigger clubs with more money to put into these things so I'm never expecting ours to be as good as that. But just saying that it's a totally different ballpark.

With the new stadium developments making it easier to spend a few hours at VP with things to do, I hope they look at improving the tour as well

Big issue for me has always been the lack of a dedicated trophy room to show visitors and tourists round like you get at those stadiums you mention. It's ridiculous a club like us dosen't have one and instead you had the European cup in the North stand reception area.

Will surely get one when the North stand is replaced. Wolves put on in with their rebuild megastore when they rebuilt one of their stands behind the goal a decade ago so it will surely go into the plans.

Beyond that it's the bells and whistles of behind the scenes of dressing room, touchline and dugout, directors box and also the McGregor lounge so not really sure what else they can put into the tour.

Edited by VillaChris

Would like to do Villa tour. Not long back from Arsenal tour. Really is excellent. You get a mobile phone type thingy that you can point at the player’s strips hanging up in the dressing room and it brings up that players highlights. Good touch. 

12 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Big issue for me has always been the lack of a dedicated trophy room to show visitors and tourists round like you get at those stadiums you mention. It's ridiculous a club like us dosen't have one and instead you had the European cup in the North stand reception area.

Will surely get one when the North stand is replaced. Wolves put on in with their rebuild megastore when they rebuilt one of their stands behind the goal a decade ago so it will surely go into the plans.

Beyond that it's the bells and whistles of behind the scenes of dressing room, touchline and dugout, directors box and also the McGregor lounge so not really sure what else they can put into the tour.

It will just be depressing as it will be  a load of trophies we last won nearly 30 years ago. Unless they put in our play off trophy and peace cup.

48 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I really wanna do the blose tour so i can ride a bike before taking a dump all in one place

Those piss pots looked a bit grubby as well, don't they know what bleach is?

2 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

It will just be depressing as it will be  a load of trophies we last won nearly 30 years ago. Unless they put in our play off trophy and peace cup.

Majority of clubs are like that, dosen't stop likes of Everton, Newcastle.....and Spurs from putting on decent tours I'm sure. Or Man. City about a decade ago.

Will impress the tourists who come from abroad to visit Brum and take in the tour anyway.

16 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I went on a tour as a kid, prob around 93-94 I’d guess, we all ended up meeting Bryan Small as he was wandering about for some reason, I think we met another player or ex player too but I can’t remember exactly.

Around that time, the best place to meet Villa players wandering about was in the Gracechurch Centre in Sutton.

3 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

And the Cup of Traditions with the guy escaping the trophy

I don't think that I've done a stadium tour as such, but I've seen a lot of it when at work and other events, and I was shown the manager and chairman's offices, in the early 70s. I also did one of those bus tours to look round Bodymoor Heath when Randy had improved it.

I've done the Bernabeau and Nou Camp tours, when in Spain and before the days of tours just wandered into the Nou Camp in the late 70s with my mate and took free kicks (without a ball) on the pitch. Eventually, someone did ask us what we were up to, but instead of showing us the door, he gave us a quick look at the dressing rooms (a nice touch).  The best stadium tour I've done, was when my mates and I took a tour of the Feyenoord stadium on the 25th anniversary (I think) of our 82 win there. We spent a boozy weekend in Rotterdam and were allowed up the steps to where Sir Morty lifted the trophy, given we were Villa fans. Interesting to see what the two clubs offer on the tours, as usual there is a clear winner!     

• Like 1

Interesting to watch, I did the VP tour back in 2020 and it took a different route to the one shown here. Mine had Shaun Teale come round on the tour and ended in one of the corner bar/restaurants with Brian Little and Tony Daly doing a Q&A. It was excellent to be fair and always recommend it. 

It would be funny to do the blouse tour just to ask daft questions like “When will the leaky roof get fixed? Why is the stadium falling down? And am I allowed to piss on Craig Gardner’s desk?”

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Interesting to watch, I did the VP tour back in 2020 and it took a different route to the one shown here. Mine had Shaun Teale come round on the tour and ended in one of the corner bar/restaurants with Brian Little and Tony Daly doing a Q&A. It was excellent to be fair and always recommend it. 

Don't you have to pay a bit more for a tour like that? They did legends tours iirc every few months

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Don't you have to pay a bit more for a tour like that? They did legends tours iirc every few months

To be fair it might have been that actually, my missus booked it for me so I can’t be sure. It’s worth it for the interaction and stories. 

Â