January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

38 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

Or it’s a word you use when the “news” organisation you work for also has a betting arm you’re trying to get people to spend money with.

good thinking, thanks.

Not being a betting man...it never dawned on me.

Edited by TRO

I wonder if Langes days will be coming to an end if we dont end up bringing anyone in. Sawaris will have been expecting some shiny new toys on his pitch . If we are playing with the big boys and failing to persuade players   clubs and agents then it may be that he doesnt have the contacts ( or the personality!!!! ) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I wonder if Langes days will be coming to an end if we dont end up bringing anyone in. Sawaris will have been expecting some shiny new toys on his pitch . If we are playing with the big boys and failing to persuade players   clubs and agents then it may be that he doesnt have the contacts ( or the personality!!!! ) 

Not sure, but something isn't right to me.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

My impression was ,before this window opened, that much work was being done to strengthen the first team.....Europe was on the tips of tongues, The reports were that the owners were in bullish mood, to make this happen, with an Elite Manager employed, with a remit to move it on.....I thought Europe was fanciful, but it seemed thats what the owners were looking for with UE....Build me  a Football team, I seem to recall reading what Nass said to UE........These noises don't seem to correlate to me.

This has been a mirror of the summer, antics.....quick burst, and then stoney silence.

Something don't stack up to me.

I don't expect anyone to agree with me, and I am cool with that.....I just think something doesn't appear to be right to me, but not sure what.

maybe we are just aiming too high with players and the deals arent coming off?

Maybe "bigger teams" have pipped us to a couple of our desired signings?

Maybe the player(s) we want just arent available in Jan?, or cost too much due to Jan inflation?

maybe its just a very difficult window to get the calibre of player(s) emery wants?

Maybe we are trying a little too hard not to waste money like we have in the past?

Maybe we have an agreement internally that if we cant get a certain calibre of player, we dont pull the trigger?

maybe we arent trying too hard in Jan as we are planning for a big summer?

Maybe we will bring 1-2 big signings in by close of play tomorrow?

maybe is some or all of the above?

maybe its none of them 😁

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

22 year old who has impressed remarkably for the past 3 years, England International and so much room to progress.

I'd say £40m is about right and in time maybe even a bargain.

Rice will go for 100m

Apart from the talent, he's obviously always eager to please. That's someone who can grow into a squad, not just arrive fully baked. Never seems in the slightest entitled or worthier than thou. I like that humility.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

maybe its just a very difficult window to get the calibre of player(s) emery wants?

Maybe we are trying a little too hard not to waste money like we have in the past?

Maybe we have an agreement internally that if we cant get a certain calibre of player, we dont pull the trigger?

maybe its none of them 😁

Maybe something much more dark and sinister.

• Haha 1

Just now, VillaParkAvenue said:

Quite probable, Lange always did appear to me the double agent type, maybe he is here under the pay of Manure to destroy the Villa slowly, Agent Lange.

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

maybe its none of them 😁

maybe, we haven't a clue, inc me.

I think if UE Isn't happy, we will soon find out.

9 minutes ago, TRO said:

My impression was ,before this window opened, that much work was being done to strengthen the first team.....Europe was on the tips of tongues, The reports were that the owners were in bullish mood, to make this happen, with an Elite Manager employed, with a remit to move it on.....I thought Europe was fanciful, but it seemed thats what the owners were looking for with UE...."Build me  a Football team", I seem to recall reading what Nass said to UE initially........These noises don't seem to correlate to me, with whats been happening.

This has been a mirror of the summer, antics.....quick burst, and then stoney silence.

Something don't stack up to me.

I don't expect anyone to agree with me, and I am cool with that.....I just think something doesn't appear to be right to me, but not sure what.

I agree with you! Something doesn’t stack up and I don’t believe it’s the owners or the manager,

• Like 2

Just now, TRO said:

maybe, we haven't a clue, inc me.

I think if UE Isn't happy, we will soon find out.

tbh, maybe UE is the "problem", in the nicest sense, maybe he isnt entertaining the usual dross Lange puts on the "possible transfer" board in his office.....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TRO said:

Not sure, but something isn't right to me.

I think it is the way we do transfers in silence that adds to it. Maybe Lange walks away from deals because the club we are looking to buy from makes it public. I am sure that i read something about Lange pulling the plug in the past for this reason.  Other clubs are happy to do things in the media. When we were looking at Moreno there was a fair bit of exposure , and you know what ,  it helps us fans. Seratonin levels go up.  

The opposite happens when there is just silence , especially when we are getting players out of the club at the same time.  Adds to the trepidation that not all is good. 

We must be the only team in the country with 1 striker and 1 winger in a squad.  This leads to over thinking in my opinion that all is not good . It certainly makes me worry. 

In 24 hours we will find out i guess . 

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Quite probable, Lange always did appear to me the double agent type, maybe he is here under the pay of Manure to destroy the Villa slowly, Agent Lange.

Blofeld.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Oh, yes, without question. I imagine a man in Smethwick, sitting in his dank flat and spending all his time working out step by step machinations for the destruction of Aston Villa. You KNOW it's real!!!!!!!!

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, useless said:

Emery happy with Duran and Moreno, and the work that's been done trimming his squad, it's expected to be a quiet deadline day for the midlands outfit.

There ........."Thats Nice" ( says Mrs Brown)

At least we know.