January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

1 minute ago, GingerCollins29 said:

In al seriousness, a McGinn that knows his place isn't guaranteed is the best McGinn we could hope for. Will work harder yhan ever to get his place back

I still think McGinn starts in our best team at present. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

In al seriousness, a McGinn that knows his place isn't guaranteed is the best McGinn we could hope for. Will work harder yhan ever to get his place back

Sure, but the same could apply to most of our players. We need to strengthen, we need better, high quality players. Give Unai the tools and we will fly…

I’ll be delighted if we manage to bring in a few young starlets too (adding to Duran), the likes of Osorio, Moleiro and Kang-in (that we’ve been linked to) but I suppose that kind of business is more suited to the summer window. Would really refresh us and give us options and energy from the bench though.

Our immediate concern is strengthening the first team and making us better at scoring goals… let’s make the most of the remainder of this season.

Edited by Jas10

20 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Ziyech on loan until the end of the season could plug a gap for us. 

He probably say no to us given he’s getting some time now at Chelsea even if they have so many options up front.  Can’t blame him for backing his own talent.

New link for Sanson, Mallorca interested apparently 🤷‍♂️

I would think that Marseille might be interested in taking him back but… maybe not the case. Fans seemed obsessed with him, enough to burn the training ground down after he left to join us 🤣🤦‍♂️

Seems too obvious to suggest a deal for Guendouzi with Sanson and £ going the other way, unlikely.

Nicely avoided the Cash pun there 🤣

If Chelsea want Matty, they can take him (for a big fee and only with a replacement lined up - only so much we can do/address in what’s left of this window though). Always liked him (works hard, gets stuck in, really helps out in defence, energetic, good personality), but he’s not first choice right now (he really is quite poor on the ball and those “crosses” 🤦‍♂️) and I think Unai can and would prefer to bring in better. Unless he thinks he can improve him through coaching? Not at all averse to him sticking around (our squad is light and weak anyway) but opportunities to make big profits rarely come around (for us).

It’s one that could wait though (like Digne) but it all depends on what’s happening in the forthcoming days… if we can bring in big fees for a couple of players, it would help fund further transfer activity and genuine upgrades that Unai can better utilise…

Edited by Jas10

51 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

We could really do with a player who is a genuine threat from free kicks and long range, someone who can shoot on target at least! 🤣 Get him signed!

Came on as a sub and went off injured 10 mins later. Not sure it’s happening this window.

Just a little over a week of the transfer window to go, recently it was reported that a winger was a priortiy, Emery even alluded to this himself, so definitely some truth to that, we now need a replacement for Ings, again something Emery has admitted, and is still speaking of bringing in another midfielder. With players leaving as well, It could be a very busy week coming up.

4 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I think the club would like to get rid of Digne and redistribute his wages across the team and new players. Cash is a funny one. He’s a player we can get a fee for, so maybe the club will let him go and use the fee for a new right back? 

One things for sure, if we’re serious about top 6/8, we need better players. Players like Cash and Digne aren’t going to get us there unfortunately. 

You will get a fee for both - a large fee.