January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Danjuma looking like going everton. Dont think we were ever in for him tbh

Not if he's going to Everton. Rim shot.

Nb, I know there is a quote from UE further down, but couldn't resist the dig.

46 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

It's easy to spot the fakes on Twitter. Just look at the number of followers the account has. IF someone has a few thousand it's a bs account. Proper accounts have a lot of followers and blue ticks. The amount tweets from accounts posted in here which are clearly fake and know nothing is very high and yet people keep doing it!!

I agree apart from the blue tick these days with Elon’s new policy on that.  Blue tick means nothing these days, loads of fakes paying for the blue tick to get attention.

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

I agree apart from the blue tick these days with Elon’s new policy on that.  Blue tick means nothing these days, loads of fakes paying for the blue tick to get attention.

Even ekremkour or whatever his name is has a blue tick and thousands of followers 😂

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Ings over moussa dembele all day every day, we underrated ings hugely, see them type of foreign strikers come in all the time and flop massively, dembele only has 2 in 14 i think this season in that Mickey Mouse league shocking return, even thuram who is having a one off season of greatness should not be hyped about he hasn’t done it consistently enough.

so im under the impression its a new player hype that we all love but in reality they wont be firing on all cylinders imo. Personally couldn’t tell you who would be the ideal forward id have little doubts with, still scouting myself 😂, im happy with a loan deal until summer, id like to see us bring in guendouzi and a left winger, and we should sign Dani Osorio now for him to join in the summer highly talented individual.

It’s always my biggest fear.  We have many fans that get all glazed eyes about foreign sexy names or great stats in much poorer leagues and think they are going to reproduce that with us in the best league in the world and a football style that is different to many European leagues.  Some players can do it, but many more don’t, many many more…

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, nick76 said:

It’s always my biggest fear.  We have many fans that get all glazed eyes about foreign sexy names or great stats in much poorer leagues and think they are going to reproduce that with us in the best league in the world and a football style that is different to many European leagues.  Some players can do it, but many more don’t, many many more…

I agree entirely, but Dembele does look a different type of Striker than Ings to me. Drops deep, holds the ball, releases the wide forwards, none of which Ings could do very well. I think it's purely down to style, rather than overall ability. I liked Danny a lot, a really good poacher (to use FM parlance), but that is quite restrictive if you are looking to be a counter attacking or possession side. I can see why they would want a change, if it is indeed Dembele that we are after. 

Edited by HKP90
typo
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Ings over moussa dembele all day every day, we underrated ings hugely, see them type of foreign strikers come in all the time and flop massively, dembele only has 2 in 14 i think this season in that Mickey Mouse league shocking return, even thuram who is having a one off season of greatness should not be hyped about he hasn’t done it consistently enough.

so im under the impression its a new player hype that we all love but in reality they wont be firing on all cylinders imo. Personally couldn’t tell you who would be the ideal forward id have little doubts with, still scouting myself 😂, im happy with a loan deal until summer, id like to see us bring in guendouzi and a left winger, and we should sign Dani Osorio now for him to join in the summer highly talented individual.

He's started 6 games in all comps mate.

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Yeah compare to clubs around us spending X amount on these foreign players ‘Ings’ is excellent in comparison we seen him score even if its not every single game , its still at a much higher rate than others. We need to be careful getting hyped about some of these unproven in the PL stars , defences are becoming much more difficult to beat meaning you need to be on your A-Game as a forward.

• Like 1

In other news Chelsea are doing my head in!! How are they getting with this !! They could have spent £200m alone in a JANUARY WINDOW!! If everything goes through like F**k me … if ziyech is fit wouldn’t mind taking him on a loan deal, mahrez’s twin… albeit mahrez is another level based on his performance yesterday. Nicolas Jackson who has or close to joining Southampton would have been a decent option for us , versatile forward but maybe slightly too young to rely on, not sure 🤔 

8 hours ago, Anything11 said:

this guy is usually on the money - has this been posted yet?

Why because he posted a picture of Deulofeu in his post?  I would say there is about 10 people max known what is going on at Villa regarding players and he isn’t one of them.

4 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Any reason for this?

Not really, they bought Lacazette in the summer after Dembele had scored 21 goals in 30 games the season before.

Makes a whole load of sense that but I guess at the time it was as a squad option. If Villa had had a 20 league goal forward in any season, we'd hardly be going out looking to replace him. 

Anyway, Dembele was injured in preseason and missed the first 2 games of this years league. Lyon got off to a flyer with Lacazette up front and he hasn't been able to regularly get back in the side starting. 

2 minutes ago, RicRic said:

In other news Chelsea are doing my head in!! How are they getting with this !! They could have spent £200m alone in a JANUARY WINDOW!! If everything goes through like F**k me … if ziyech is fit wouldn’t mind taking him on a loan deal, mahrez’s twin… albeit mahrez is another level based on his performance yesterday. Nicolas Jackson who has or close to joining Southampton would have been a decent option for us , versatile forward but maybe slightly too young to rely on, not sure 🤔 

No loans this window I would say. From recent comments to the media, this season is a bust. He wants to win a trophy and get into Europe, one of them is impossible, the other is very difficult from our current position and it's not worth throwing money at signings and short-term loans this window if it messes up our squad building. 

For me, I'd be recalling Traore from loan and settling in till the summer. We've got a great chance of having a special season if we put the finishing touches on the squad together properly. Another "player that was available" coming in on high wages and a 3 year deal that looks useless by May is how you transform into Everton. 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Danjuma looking like going everton. Dont think we were ever in for him tbh

Was reading Everton forum on wed.  They were very angry and depressed.  Went along the lines, ‘We can’t even afford a sub for Aston Villa now’. Felt abit sorry for them, we were in the same place not so long ago. I don’t think I could go through that again 

2 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Not really, they bought Lacazette in the summer after Dembele had scored 21 goals in 30 games the season before.

Makes a whole load of sense that but I guess at the time it was as a squad option. If Villa had had a 20 league goal forward in any season, we'd hardly be going out looking to replace him. 

Anyway, Dembele was injured in preseason and missed the first 2 games of this years league. Lyon got off to a flyer with Lacazette up front and he hasn't been able to regularly get back in the side starting. 

Okay also didnt realize he went to atletico on loan either, id like us to look at benfica and sporting CP sides and see whats on offer there, Goncãlo Ramos is a player i would throw my money on tbh.

5 minutes ago, skarroki said:

No loans this window I would say. From recent comments to the media, this season is a bust. He wants to win a trophy and get into Europe, one of them is impossible, the other is very difficult from our current position and it's not worth throwing money at signings and short-term loans this window if it messes up our squad building. 

For me, I'd be recalling Traore from loan and settling in till the summer. We've got a great chance of having a special season if we put the finishing touches on the squad together properly. Another "player that was available" coming in on high wages and a 3 year deal that looks useless by May is how you transform into Everton. 

If you are referring to Ziyech, then Everton have a whole squad of those type of messy deals but the players are not of his quality either, and one loan won’t hurt us… ooohh SSN just mentioned Dembele linked with us so may be official-ish