Andy Johnson....

Claret&Blue

Would you welcome Andy Johnson to Villa Park next season?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Would you welcome Andy Johnson to Villa Park next season?

• Yes, gimmie proven premiereship pedigree
    • No, I'd rather sell my gran than see that Blue Nose at VP

Here's a question for you, with Villa now down to two strikers and a youth player, and Andy Johnson, a proven Premiereship marksman, seemingly available, who would like to see AJ at VP next season? There's the obvious Blue nose history to take into account and many of his goals last season did come from the penalty spot, but there's no doubting that he is a young man with a lot of talent... Thoughts? I for one, would not say no.

He is a bluenose and a journey-man, perfect in a system last season, and I dear remind you that they relegated because of it.

He is better than Vassell most likely, but I don't think he is much better at Vass would also score 14-19 Premiership goals for them, taking all them penalties.

A) He is not a 'proven' premiership striker - he has done it for one season only - 10 of those goals, as you say, coming from the penalty spot

B) Simon Jordan, C.Palace chairman - has categorically stated he is not for sale

C) His celebrations in front of the Holte last year were tasteless - wouldnt want that idiot playing for my team.

That is all!!!

Hmm let's dispel a couple of myths

Johnson played for them big deal - so have many other Villa players, therefore to use that as a reason is cutting off one's nose IMO

Journeyman - oft used on here and quite wrongly, he has played for two clubs total. Budgie was a journeyman, current equivalents are usually found in the lower leagues but for me a certain Robbie Keane fits the bill nicely

Hmm let's dispel a couple of myths

Johnson played for them big deal - so have many other Villa players, therefore to use that as a reason is cutting off one's nose IMO

Journeyman - oft used on here and quite wrongly, he has played for two clubs total. Budgie was a journeyman, current equivalents are usually found in the lower leagues but for me a certain Robbie Keane fits the bill nicely

Very true LV.

And also......he wouldnt come.

I dont think he's worh £10 millions, even if he could make a great partnership with Angel.........Could probably get to great players for that price and with the size of the squad i would think thats better use of the money (if there is any).

I can't help but doubt the guys ability. Yes he scored 21 premiership goals. Yes 10 of them were penalties. Yes he scored 11 from open play in a struggling side. But I really doubt that he is worth gambling on at the prices being quoted. If it were a toss up for AJ or Ashton for around £4 million, I would take Ashton every day.

I would accept AJ if we signed him but I would be disgusted if we paid over £4 million for him.

:-) I think he'd be a good signing, but I don't think he'd come and I don't think he'd be a popular one. Having said that, the poll seems to show how desperate us Villa fans are for a new signing, even if he is a Blue nose who incites violence!

He ain't worth that kind of money. Thinking of that most people here thinks 7m for Baros is too much then 10m isn't a better price for AJ. And, as said before, one season isn't proving anything. Have to admit though that I missed his celebrations last season. Live inSweden, didn't see the game. Sorry.

Â