What Essential/Strange Things Do You Pack In Your Suitcase?

AVFC_Hitz

This follows on from a newspaper article I read where some people took record players, kettles and even routers with them on holidays.

I won't go without my Chromecast, my extension plug cube and...a sink plug.

What do you take apart from your clothes and toiletries?

After the Estonia disaster I used to pack a hammer when going on a cruise. Being able to smash a window out seamed logical to teenage me......

At least 3 or 4 plug adaptors. I seem to lose them on an alarmingly regular basis. 

iPad

Ear/head phones.

Spare wallet

2 hours ago, blandy said:

Portable bluetooth speaker

i knocked that on the head after the security at LAX spent ages looking at mine

i reckon i could happily just travel with my phone, charger,  bank card and headphones and its a really weird experience going through the security scanner when you do

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

i knocked that on the head after the security at LAX spent ages looking at mine

i reckon i could happily just travel with my phone, charger,  bank card and headphones and its a really weird experience going through the security scanner when you do

It’s great not having a ton of stuff to constantly fret about. Hand baggage only, change of clothes, wash kit, few medical emergency bits, phone and charger, iPad and that’s pretty much it. Oh and a book. And spare glasses and sunnies

Its cos I've bought and kept a load of stuff at my mom's house in England so I can pretty much travel there with no bag at all and then if work send me somewhere for even 2 days they'll get me a 23kg bag checked in so even if I do travel with hand luggage from say frankfurt with the automatic check in desk I put my hand luggage under and walk round the airport bag free, there's just something weirdly nice and stress free about it

Probably should add passport to the list of things I take though 

My Victorinox Swiss Army Knife. Goes with me on every holiday and probably only ever used it once or maybe twice? It’s a comfort blanket thing I reckon.

Had one as a kid and now own a couple of newer ones (Huntsman) and (Ranger). I just like them. 

Over the years I've bought every little travel 'hack' product. They get used once and to be honest when you're going through security you stuff the passport in your back pocket and not back in the 5in1 travel pouch. 

Â